“Good rooms, but so-so quality of breakfast” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Washington, DC
“Good rooms, but so-so quality of breakfast”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The building itself is nice, and the rooms are conveniently arranged and pretty modern. The service was friendly, though nothing spectacular. The breakfast was the main disappointment, with limited choice and quality of items compared to other Quality Inns -- improving that would make it worthwhile to stay more than one night.

Room Tip: Walking distance to the Four Peaks Brewery and Restaurant -- a great place! The Ramen place next do...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Quality-Inn-ASU, Owner at Quality Inn at ASU-Airport, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Dear Guest,

Vijay Patel
Owner
Quality Inn ASU
480-774-2500

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
AZ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I just needed a place to crash between a couple of days of seminars so didn't need anything fancy and chose Quality Inn at ASU. As a solo traveler I asked for a 3rd floor room, but got a first floor room, directly next to the desk area where the desk help and guest traffic visited noisily until all hours of the night. Upon entering my room I noticed people talking outside my room could be heard as if they were in the room. I pulled back the drapes to find the window open. I closed and locked it but if I hadn't discovered it, my room was accessible to anyone at anytime during the night. It almost felt like I was being set up. The bed itself was clean but the couch was worn and dirty. I was unable to rest due to the noise and I did not feel at all safe here. Not that I could have used it this trip, but just an fyi, after a long day of meetings if one was planning on using a hot tub you couldn't. There isn't one here. There are many other hotels from which to choose and I will definitely not choose this one again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

I and my house cleaning staff sincerely apologize for leaving the room window open. They left it open to air out the room.

Vijay Patel
Owner
Quality Inn ASU
480-774-2500
Las Vegas, Nevada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Got a room for the family. Staff at front desk were very friendly and were able to recommend places to eat etc. We come to Tempe a lot due to our son being at ASU. Rooms were clean although hotel decor is dated. Also parking is tight and the entry to the parking lot is easily missed if you are not looking closely.
Overall reasonable for a one or two day stay and visit to ASU.

Room Tip: Third floor in the back are probably the quietest, although it is far enough from ASU that noise is...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

It was alright, lots of mirrors in the room which could make for an interesting evening haha, clean with two double beds. However it is in Phoenix and the air wasn't on in our room when we checked in so it was HOT but air worked good. No breakfast, will do cash without a card with a deposit. Staff unfriendly...

• Stayed September 2013
Kensmt
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I pulled in to this hotel because of the Quality Inn reputation. I did pay Quality Inn prices but got more of a 'hotel with a number in it's name" experience. After waiting to check in while they explained that a room reserved by anoyher guest was not ready at 4:30 in the afternoon. I finally got checked in. My room (206) had a rumpled bed that looked like someone had been laying on it. I was in a hurry to get to a show (reason I was in town) so I let that go. The air conditioner fan in the room squeeked all the time so I shut it off. (didn't get back to the room until midnight and didn't want it fussed with by someone who didn't know what they were doing) The room was not really clean to the standards I expect from a Quality Inn. The carpet is worn and stained, and the bathroom fixtures are so old the chrome is worn off from cleaning. They were cheap low end fixtures. There is paint over run form a poor repaint job. The room had very basic cheap hotel furnishings in general. The bed was so-so and the sheets were well past needing replacement. If you are used to the usual higher end you get from Quality Inn you won't be particulaly pleased with this hotel. I expect 4 star amenities and service from a Quality Inn and this was place was 2 star at best.

Room Tip: room 206 had allot of road noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, UK
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2012

Finding the hotel was slightly problematic. My GPS said I had arrived but I couldn't see the hotel. I turned round and drove back down the road, I saw a badly positioned and slightly obscured sign for the hotel.

The receptionist (I presume a student at ASU) was very nice and helpful. Judging by the room, I presume this place used to be a Microtel Inn. It was big enough (just) for one night and close enough to the airport.

Breakfast was a little lacking - no decaf and only 1 slice of wheat bread - and I was down at 07:00 on a Sunday!

I don't know if the person who checked me out was a cleaner but she wore a dirty, ripped T-shirt/sweatshirt and what looked like jogging pants. Not the sort of image I would have thought you would want to give to guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Monterey, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

This was my first stay. I had a very early arrival and the owner/manager was extremely helpful in getting a room ready for me. He is extremely polite and a wonderful owner who works hard. His staff and family always smiled. I loved seeing one of his desk clerks studying college courses while he was working but always would say hello/good evening as I returned.

The room, 304, was small, but was fine. I felt is was clean and was fresh smelling. The sheets however on one day had stains on them, pretty obvious ones and some hairs were in the bathroom floor. That was one day only and the bed linens afterwards were fine. Housekeeping though did not knock twice while entering, She did not just come in, it was a knock and enter instead of a knock and await a response.

Great closet!

Breakfast was nice, the pool refreshing although some new furniture is probably needed. All in all I would return.

DO NOT BOOK this hotel on a travel website. Call them directly and see what kind of price you can get after your quoted a price on the travel website. He will give you a discount and you then have the flexibility of not paying in full, not having refunds, etc.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms not facing the main street...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn at ASU-Airport? Share your experiences!