“Good price, terrific customer service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Good price, terrific customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

I spent a night here and was pleasantly surprised by the great customer service, especially when I was checking in. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Room was very nice. And all of this for a great rate. I will definitely look to stay in this hotel on future trips when I have to travel between Phoenix and Tucson.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This was my first time staying at an Candlewood Suites location. I was pleasantly surprised. Due to last minute schedule change I arrived at the hotel to at 8 am to meet some associates. I asked the front desk if I could pre-check in just in case I returned late that evening. But the hotel did me one better they had a room available and they allowed me to check in at 8am. Not many places will allow you to check in that early. The Room was nice and large for the one person. I had almost a kitchen with dishwasher, microwave, fridge and 2 burner stove. The room had a large bathroom and FREE laundry machines. Now that almost never happens. The establishment really made my day and since it was the first day of the week that I spent there. It really made my week. I definitely will stay at this Candlewood Suites the next time I am in the area. Plus, there are plenty of food locations and a huge mall just across the street. Everything I needed was right there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Orem, Utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at this place before and I've always been happy with my stay. The location works out good for me as I have several clients in the area. But this trip was a very sad experience. After traveling all day I went to check-in here and showed the clerk my reservation that I had printed out. After spending some time on the computer he said he was sorry but the people in the room I had reserved had decided to extend their stay and the room was not available. I explained to him that I had made the reservation almost a month ago and asked how he could allow someone too extend their stay when I had a reservation for that room. He couldn't really tell me but did offer two other different types of rooms. I told him neither of those would work for me and just to cancel my reservation. I suspect the folks in the room I was supposed to have were paying more than I was supposed to and the hotel didn't want to pass that up. So obviously reservations here mean nothing to these folks!
This is the second location of this chain to do this to me so I will remove Candlewood Suites from my list of places to stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Dear Dale K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We apologize for the incident with your reservation. This is not a common occurrence at our hotel. Unfortunately, there are times when an IHG property is unable to honor a reservation due to unexpected stay overs or other situations which may arise. We regret we were unable to offer you a room suitable to your needs. We sincerely hope this incident will not deter you from giving us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Myrna M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Alpine, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2013

We stayed here for an ASU football game, the hotel is in an ideal location for that and many other things like shopping and food. It is a very clean place, and I think a brilliant concept in terms of the room layout, and what a good deal for the money.

About the room: there is a small kitchen with plates/utensils, and really nice big microwave (bag of microwave popcorn in it!), then you move forward to a large workspace area and wall mounted TV. Nice bed and wide open bathroom, all very clean and neat.

The honor system in the canteen was something I have never seen. We got home quite late from the ball game and found some healthy stuff to eat, looked around for a way to pay for it...nothing but a little notepad to check off what you took, drop it in the bin and off you go. The desk clerk says they break even on this amenity which was really great to hear.

All in all, one of the best travel values I have ever seen, saying something as I am an old fart 60+ year traveler.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I needed to take my dog, Max to the veterinary specialists in Gilbert for consultaion so I made reservatios at the Candlewood Suites in Tempe. I let them know upon check in that I might be staying another night depending on what the results of the tests were. I was traveling with my dog and with my cat. Upon hearing why I was there, they upgraded me to a two room suite which also made it possible for me to be on the ground floor and nearer to a door. I try to stay at Candlewood suites when ever it is going to be more than one night because of the kitchenette and because they are so pet friendly. The man who checked me in made sure I knew approximately how long it would take me to get from the Candlewood to the Veterinary Specialites in the morning so I could plan my travel time accordily

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Maine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We selected this hotel because of its price, location to the airport and because it's part of the Holiday Inn chain. We also wanted kitchen facilities. The room was large, no frills. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful and made sure I knew what was available and also- what wasn't ( no daily maid service.) I loved the free laundry service as well as the 'grocery' items done by honor system!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a wonderful stay. This property doesnt miss a thing. All star staff KARLA KYLE AERYN are so friendly helpful with directions fun things to do resturant advice shops nereby everythihg.BBQ grills by the pool free laundrey clean stocked room and what a comfortable bed. The only negative was i had to leave so soon....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Been to Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe? Share your experiences!