“Good value, convenient” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Maine
“Good value, convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

We selected this hotel because of its price, location to the airport and because it's part of the Holiday Inn chain. We also wanted kitchen facilities. The room was large, no frills. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful and made sure I knew what was available and also- what wasn't ( no daily maid service.) I loved the free laundry service as well as the 'grocery' items done by honor system!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
san diego
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

What a wonderful stay. This property doesnt miss a thing. All star staff KARLA KYLE AERYN are so friendly helpful with directions fun things to do resturant advice shops nereby everythihg.BBQ grills by the pool free laundrey clean stocked room and what a comfortable bed. The only negative was i had to leave so soon....

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Providence, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After a 5 hr flight and 2 hr time difference. We had a HVAC system that ran loud and a refrigerator in the room that ran until we shut it off. The hotel does have a "honor system" store which was a first in 25 yrs of travel. But the price of the room was GREAT for us as we were using it in transit between PHX and sight seeing it worked out. Place was clean

Room Tip: book early to get a good rate on hold!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
Dear Dillboy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels of the room prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
La Verne, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for the last weekend of spring training. The location is near the freeway and the mall. It is located not too far from the Anaheim Angels stadium. The staff was super friendly and accommodated our request for a larger room after the first assigned was too small for our group. The suite we stayed in was perfect for 4 people. They are a pet friendly hotel. We took our dog and I also saw people with their dogs. They have an outdoor dog station that is pretty much made of rocks. My dog was not used to doing his business on rocks but he got used to it for the time being.

About five minutes away is a Fresh and Easy and a little up is a Whole Foods Market. The hotel also has free movies that guests could borrow. Laundry is free, you just need to provide your own soap. There is a small snack area filled with items you can take back to your room. I would highly recommend this hotel when you are in the area.

• Stayed March 2013
Lake Isabella, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

Stayed for three days from Friday-Sunday. Maybe there is more staff on weekdays, but there was only one front desk guy the entire stay. I expected no housekeeping (not a problem for me), as they inform you on their website, but they also had no extra maintenance person. There was no TV remote in my room, and I had to go back down to the front desk to obtain one, since the front desk guy was alone.

The ironing board was so bent out of shape, it wouldn’t stand up by itself. Since I was traveling with a friend, I just swapped with the one in his room. Also, my friend never made his own coffee, because the instructions on his coffeemaker were rubbed out. I couldn’t help him, because I had a different model in my room. They need to pay more attention to details like this, and make sure everything is in working shape. They do have freshly brewed coffee always in the ‘cupboard’ area, so that was nice for him.

On the website, they advertise a fully stocked ‘cupboard’, which is like a mini-mart, complete with frozen items. The entire time I was there, the frozen food shelves were completely empty. Perhaps they only supply stuff for the weekday guests, but isn’t my weekend money just as good?

Now, those horrible towels. They literally felt like drying yourself with a rug. Roughest towels I have ever felt. Luckily, my friend had some towels he uses for camping, and we used them for the duration of the stay. I suggest bringing your own!

The fan in the bathroom turns on automatically with the light, and it is so loud, you have to blast the TV in order to hear over it.

The only reason I would possibly stay there again is the full refrigerator with freezer, and the very nice mini kitchen. That part was excellent. Oh, and the recliner was pretty awesome. However, if I can find another hotel in the area with those same features, I think I would stay there instead.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Dear Rubybear9,

Ferdinand G
Sugar Land, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

I stayed here on Business which is located near the Arizona Mills mall in Tempe. The staff was superb and this is a no frills perfect hotel for long term stay. The room was spacious with full kitchen facility. TV had several channels and internet service was great. Hotel is slightly away ( about Two Blocks ) from the hustle and bustle of the area directly express from the West entrance of the mall where there are several small businesses and shops, so it was very quite as well. The rooms were clean and I liked their honor bar system for snacks & sundries. At departure, I asked for an extended rate package, since my associates were scheduled to be here I this area for the next few months and the Director of Sales was excellent and had great customer service skills. Good Hotel- Stay with confidence

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
North Olmsted
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This location has a friendly and accommodating staff. They are always asking how everything is and if there was anything they could do to help. Candlewood is a little different you are responsible for your own linen and trash but that what helps keep the cost down. The pool and sauna are very nice after a long day at work.

Room Tip: If your in the Tempe area possible to catch a couple Spring Training Games and need a low cost place...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Terry M,

Thank you for posting a review regarding your stay with us. We are so happy to hear you had a satisfactory stay at our hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Krysllin G.
IHGCare

Been to Candlewood Suites Phoenix Tempe? Share your experiences!