“Perfectly fine accomodations” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #15 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Lemon Grove, CA
“Perfectly fine accomodations”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

We spent one overnight at The Red Roof Inn. I chose it because of the ratings on TripAdvisor, and am glad that I did. The location worked out great for us since it's right off the freeway in an area where many of them converge, so it's easy to get around. And if you are planning on attending Spring Training, then even better. Our room was clean, quiet, and the bed was comfortable. Coffee in the room and in the lobby, so we weren't lacking. The only non-positive comment is their arcane security system for the wireless internet, and the fact that the signal was weak and oftentimes dropped. But we survived and were able to use it despite the inconvenience. I rate this experience a positive and recommend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Show Low, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2010

I stayed here with my mom before she flew home from Sky Harbor. The location was great. It's close to the airport, easy to get to, but off of the main road for safety. The room was pleasantly decorated. The beds were good. The inside access (the room doors being inside was a necessity for us) was very good. The free coffee in the lobby (including a variety of cappuccinos) was a pleasant, much-needed perk. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2010
San Ramon, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2010

we stayed at this hotel for a weekend and even though we had a couple problems checking in,wich wasnt the fault of the hotel,it was the company we booked with,we had a pretty good stay there.the staff was friendly and tried to help were they could and willing to give some tourist informations!the rooms were clean and neat and really good for the price!

Stayed December 2009, traveled with friends
Cranbrook, British Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2010

Very pleasantly surprised and the rate was amazing! In an area where some moderate class hotels can run around 100.00usd a night, I was delighted to find a gem like the Red Rood Inn.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Prescott, AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

This was my first stay at a Red Roof Inn. I chose it for its easy access to my favorite commercial parking lot for Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (PHX). It turns out that it also has very quick/easy access to the airport itself, much more so than some others I have used that are slightly closer "as the crow flies". The frosting on the cake was the quality I received for an economy price. Very spacious room, generously furnished, and ultraclean.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2009

Hotel was clean and well-maintained. Staff was very courteous and efficient. This hotel provides clean, comfortable lodging at a great price.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled solo
Lenexa, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

While my husband and I were in the Phoenix area, I suddenly felt very ill. We had several hours before our plane was scheduled to leave, so we had to find somewhere for me to rest. We found this hotel near the airport for $44 and quickly booked it. We were able to check in at 1pm (earlier than most hotels), and the woman at the front desk was incredibly helpful and sympathetic, finding us a quiet room that was ready for visitors. While the room was pretty bare, it was clean, and the bed was comfortable. My husband was also able to do some work at the table in the room, while I was sleeping on one of the double beds. This hotel was exactly what we were looking for in a pinch and didn't disappoint.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!