“Affordable and totally comfortable” 4 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2135 West 15th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281   |
Ranked #18 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
portland
“Affordable and totally comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The only thing that would have made my stay better at the Red Roof Inn was if there was breakfast. The room was amazingly comfortable, quiet and clean. I stayed for two nights and felt safe in my cozy room. It was just me and I had king size bed. It had some of the fluffiest pillows I've ever gotten at a hotel. I slept really good in my fort of pillows.

I loved the fact that the rooms came with a mini fridge (no freezer compartment) and a microwave. Had I not been attending a conference, I would have made more use of both of them. I rented a car, and the drive into downtown Phoenix was quick and easy. I would stay here again next time I'm in Phoenix. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Thank you for your words of praise. It is truly rewarding when our guests take the time to recognize our efforts to give them a clean, comfortable, quiet room at a reasonable price. I am pleased that our location was perfect for you and that you have highly recommended us on your review.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

I have stayed a half a dozen times at this location. LOVE the entire hotel is NO Smoking! AND it doesn't have that "we-are-trying-to-cover-up-smoking" air freshener smell happening. Clean, tidy well kept. I have never had availability issues, room issues or otherwise. It is basic, clean and a great place to spend the night or week. Wifi is free and available BUT be aware that it is slow...no netflix or email reading. Windows can open so you can enjoy the AZ nights. Also, they charge 1.50 a night for the safe that no one uses. Make sure you ask the morning you leave to have it removed. Great place to stay if you are on a budget or in a pinch.

PS: Have microwave and minifridge.

The best part is walking over to Sheraton Tempe Airport hotel for breakfast buffet. That would be my suggestion. Amazingly fresh fruit. $10 might be steep for continental ($15 for eggs made your way- I never order that) but you have just stayed at a budget hotel so Splurge on breakfast. Look for my review on that next.

Room Tip: Go for a 2nd or 3rd story room to enjoy sleeping with the window open when its cool at night, great...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Redroof265, Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Thank you so much for your recent review and sharing your experience. It is nice to know that the no smoking policy was a benefit to your stay along with a clean room at a reasonable price. My staff takes great pride in their work and each review we receive, makes their day.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014 via mobile

I was a late check in; Nora was helpful and very professional. I appreciated the care and respect that was given to me and my family so late at night. Thank you Nora for making my stay a great one, and thank you Red Roof for a clean peaceful stay.

• Stayed April 2014
On behalf of our staff, I am writing to let you know how delighted we were to receive your words of praise about the cleanliness and service. The staff members (like Nora), have a goal to provide outstanding service, each and every day. It is good to hear when our guests recognize their efforts and take the time to say thank you!

Riverdale, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Third stay at this hotel. The room I was in great shape. Most of the staff is very friendly – all very professional. No problem with check- in or check-out. Clean room and super reasonably priced for a metropolitan area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. It is our goal to provide excellent service and a clean room at a reasonable price. It is nice to hear that my staff was professional and friendly during your stay and the location was is what you were looking for.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

The place is a bit ghetto as their is an car with its hood open and disabled is in the parking lot and a few interesting folks wandering about. Property isn't cleaned up either as I saw the same Starbucks Cup in Lot for three days. As for the rooms, they are decent, but not alot of TV channels if that matters and check your towels as big black hairs were on half of mine. Beds are still cozy though and coffee in the morning is good. The damn SAFE charge is a bunch of BS and as usual I forgot to tell them to remove the $1.62 per night charge, so I donated a few bucks to the Roof.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
I would like to apologize for the experience you had at our inn. Each and every guest puts their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding dependable service and we make it our priority to exceed guest expectations and provide a safe and comfortable place to stay while you are our guest. As soon as you brought your issues to my attention, I have taken care of the problems and hope that you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to your next visit with us.
buffalo, ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

This inn was clean, very conveniently located, and a great price if you need a place to sleep after a late arrival into Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport.

Pros: price, convenience (close to airport, highways, and easy to find), coffee maker in room is the extent of an amenity; clean, decent bed; great to sleep, shower, and head to your destination

Caveat: there is nothing 'wrong' with the inn. But it is very basic both in what it offers and the quality of what it offers. No iron or blow dryer in room (available at front desk). No toiletries other than Pantene combined shampoo & conditioner and a bar of soap. Small rooms. Dated.

I would not stay here if I were staying for a few days unless it is strictly to sleep and shower. And then I would bring my own toiletries etc.

No fitness center, and food available at lunch and dinner...we were gone before that so can't comment.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide outstanding dependable service at a reasonable price. I am glad that you were happy price and at a location that fit your needs. During your next visit with us, our Deluxe Doubles & Superior King rooms do in fact come with a full size ironing board, iron, & blow dryer but those are always available at the front desk.

MINNEAPOLIS
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

Tough to find safe areas around the sky harbor airport. We had reservations at a days inn and if you don't mind smoking rooms and used syringes in the parking lot it's for you. This red roof inn is in a cluster of hotels five miles from the airport and even closer to the car rental return area. In this cluster all the hotels are newer and area is clean and safe. The Sheraton is in this cluster with an extended stay America hotel. I would have stayed at the Sheraton had I known. The red roof is the newest design. Very friendly staff. Rooms are basic like a motel six. No breakfast. Coffee in the lobby is good. Plenty of parking near the door. No airport shuttle. For the price $89 this was not a great value but it was very clean and safe.

Stayed March 2014
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Thank you for your words of praise. It is truly rewarding to know that you were satisfied with the location of the Inn, friendly staff, and close to where you needed to be. Our goal is to provide outstanding dependable service at a reasonable price.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Been to Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!