“Great Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Tucson, Arizona
“Great Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

My husband and I stayed here over night while in town for a concert. We didnt want/need anything fancy, just a place to stay to avoid a late night drive home to Tucson. We wanted something affordable without it being a Motel 6 experience. This place fit the bill perfectly!! We were very happy with our stay and it was perfect for the night. If your looking for a place to stay and not want to dish out a huge amount on top of a trip into Phoenix then this place is nice. No frills, nothing fancy, but perfect for what we needed.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Tina J
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, I would like to thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide great service at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value our guest’s opinion. I am glad that our location was convenient for you and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I was required to travel from Houston to Tempe to attend a doctoral residency with the University of Phoenix. My travel agent booked my flight and hotel based on the most affordable options. The Red Roof Inn at Phoenix Airport more than exceeded my expectations. I was fearful that I would receive a substandard hotel and room but the place was first-rate in every way imaginable. I was pleasantly surprised from the moment I checked in. The rooms were great and the service even better. All my needs were addressed courteously and professionally. Great stay, great job. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank melvin_carter35
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your words of praise. It is truly rewarding when our guests recognizes the staff efforts and takes the time to tell them about it. I am very pleased to hear that the price, great rooms and excellent customer service, met your expectations. It is reviews like yours that makes our day!

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Tempe, Az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

Four Star Staff; Quiet; Has to be in the top 10 of the whole chain; very reasonable prices; safe area; blink and your on the freeway; blink and your at the airport; they have a safe in every room; your going to remember this one....& in a good way.

P.S. they fixed the Wi-Fi

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank SteelMillBill
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide outstanding service at a reasonable price. We read all of our reviews and value our guest’s opinion. I am glad the location worked out for you and that you found our efforts to be “4 STAR”. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.
Tempe, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

I just checked out today after a 10 day stay. I had a wonderful time staying here. My room was great and had no problems there.

I would like to single out the staff at property 265. Nora, who works there is fantastic. She really is helpful to guests and knows how to handle their needs. She goes above and beyond for us. She is a fine example of how to work a front desk and I hope Red Roof is able to keep her for a long time.

I feel the same way about Angelique, who like Nora is one of the friendliest front desk people I have ever encountered. She was so helpful in getting the things I needed or help with. And went out of her way to help me in regards to carrying my things so I could leave.

I do apologize for not remembering the other names of the staff I encountered. But they were great as well.

The only improvements this property would need is more internet towers. The internet slows down vastly at night. Which is I assume to more guests staying in at night. Otherwise, the internet does run fast than most Hotels internet a majority of the time. Just needs that extra tower for night time.

And maybe put a laundry room in. I had to take 2 buses to get to a laundry cycle place. It would be easier for me if I could stay where I am at and do the laundry.

Otherwise, this is a fantastic hotel, and I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Getting two beds is cheaper, but you wont get a refridgerator with it. So keep that in mind.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michael N
Thank you for your words of praise about Nora & Angelique. It is truly rewarding when our guest recognizes the staff’s efforts and takes the time to say thank you. As for the internet, it has been upgraded last week so there should not be any more issues. Again, thank you for your review and we look forward to your next stay with us.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

We went to this hotel during October. We checked in smoothly. The front desk attendant was very nice. The elevator makes a terrifying noise when you go up or down. We got into our room. It was nice when compared to the price. We had a view of the pool. However the room we were in had a clogged up bathtub and we called the front to have it snaked or something. The maintenance people came in during the day but the tub was still draining slowly.

The location was close to all of the places we wanted to visit. It was slightly difficult to find the turn for the hotel. One thing that many reviewers didn't mention about the hotel is the breakfast. There is no breakfast. There is ONLY coffee. We stayed for three days and everything went smoothly. The checkout was easy. Clean room, clean bathroom, and comfy rooms for the price. I would still stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Olive H
On behalf of the Red Roof Inn Phoenix Airport, I would like to personally thank you for your review. Our goal is to provide dependable service at a reasonable price. I apologize for the problem with the slow drain and appreciate you letting us know. The entire staff enjoys feedback and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the area.
Anaheim, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Upon my arrival late at night, there was a large hair on the back of the toilet seat. It was still there 4 days later.
There were hairs in the bed sheets, probably from the washing machine. After they changed the sheets, there were other hairs in the sheets, even some eyelashes.
That made me scrutinize the towels which did not smell of bleach. Perhaps the bleach was completely rinsed out of them. I actually feel comfortable if I know the towels & sheets are bleached.
As others mentioned the wireless internet worked slow or actually stopped ("unable to find website Google.com")
These things made it feel sort of like Motel 6.
If the aforementioned things were clean, I would have liked my stay. I really really should have submitted the comment card which had the maid's name written on it. I stayed on the second floor, I think it was room 215.
I guess the room was quiet but I was distracted by the problems above.
I stayed in a Red Roof Inn in San Francisco and it was not like this.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank phoenixdude1000
Redroof265, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tempe - Phoenix Airport, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
I would like to apologize for your experience at our inn. Each guest puts their trust in my staff to deliver outstanding dependable service and we make it our priority to exceed guest expectations and provide a comfortable place to stay while you are our guest. Our reviews hopefully reflect our commitment to this philosophy. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the future.
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I live in Tucson and had an early morning flight out of Phoenix Sky Harbor. I found this hotel for $44/night on hotels.com. For that price, I wasn't expecting much. However, the hotel was very clean, quiet, and was only a 5-minute drive from the airport. I will definitely stay here again when I fly out of Phoenix.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Bobcat85705
Thank you for your words of praise. It’s truly rewarding when our guests recognizes the staff’s efforts, and takes the time to tell about them. The staff always enjoys positive feedback from our guests on the clean & quiet room they had while visiting us and it is reviews like yours that makes their day.

Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit with us.