“Very Convenient” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport

You added Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1413 West Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281-2406 (Formerly "AmeriSuites Tempe/Phoenix Airport")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Coplay, Pennsylvania
“Very Convenient”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I spent two nights at the Hyatt Place for business. It was conveniently located by the airport, and to my meeting locations. Surprisingly, I found that it was also close to a nice walking park and downtown Tempe. The shuttle service was prompt and included just about any place in the area you would want to go to. Service was attentive and the rooms were what you'd expect from a Hyatt Place--roomy, comfortable and clean. I would consider staying at this hotel the next time I'm in Tempe.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Manalapan, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stayed here for about a week for business, but I probably won't spend any extended time here anymore. My first impressions of the hotel and the staff left a sour taste in my mouth. When we arrived, I called the hotel and asked for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport. The rep told me it would take about 15 to 20 minutes and let us know where to wait. After about 35 minutes, I called back asking where the shuttle was. The lady put me on hold and let me know that they were stuck in traffic. After another 10 to 15 minutes, the shuttle finally showed up and took us on the 5 to 10 minute drive to the hotel. I'm still not sure where the traffic was. After arriving at the hotel, it was way too early to check in, so we asked them to hold our bags while we went to meetings for the day. The rep informed my group that we could not partake in the complimentary breakfast that day since we did not stay the previous night and offered to charge us to have breakfast, however another rep told another person that he could have it for free. I'm not sure why there was this inconsistency, but they really need to sort it out. I've been to many a Hyatt brand hotels, including many Hyatt Places, and while the hard product here is consistent with that at other similarly branded locations, the staff could use some training to drive a consistent customer experience, even if just so the staff at this property can provide the same service as one another. Other than the first hiccup with the shuttle (which I suspect is of no fault to the shuttle driver, but rather a clerical error), the driver staff was really the best and most consistently high performing part of the hotel staff.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Hyatt does a great job of making their hotels predictable- you know how the room will look, etc. but in this case, the staff were the reason behind the rating.
The amazing:
1) Richard, the evening weekend shuttle driver. He's amazing, friendly, funny, and I would give him six stars if I could. Excellent restaurant suggestions and I felt like an old friend was driving us around.

2) Brittanie, and all other evening people at the front desk. I wish I could remember the names of the people who checked us in (Thursday evening, just before midnight). All of these people are super friendly, go above and beyond, and remember customers and respond as such. These people are GREAT.
3) They have a 24/7 cafe with a limited menu- food was just okay, but the convenience was terrific.
4) Free, pretty good breakfast. An egg sandwich, cottage cheese, yogurt, pancakes, fruit, coffee.

The less than amazing:
1) Some mildew in the shower, in the corners. Really minor, but not expected in a Hyatt.
2) The daytime front desk people. Some were just "eh" and some were downright annoying. From the girl who was overly annoyed that the I wanted my meal to go (which I said on the phone, but was not communicated to her) to the girl who at check out, when I said there was a missing charge on the room, proceeded to charge me for it (and had to *make up* a charge!), but neglected to thank me, to the girl who let me know that I couldn't make a shuttle reservation in advance, but needed to wait until 15 minutes prior to my intended leave time (she said it was first come, first served- and as far as I could see, I was first)- it was incredibly annoying. Daytime people were just overall less focused on keeping a happy customer. Too bad too, because the night people are really great.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Came late into PHX, after a flight I took had to divert to Las Vegas due to bad weather. Landed 2 hours later, and was so tired. Reach hotel and was in the room in 10mins. Perfect.

Room was spacious and great.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Fast check-in, friendly staff, clean & comfy room, this hotel has all of your necessities and more! Great location too, only 2 miles from the airport and 2 miles from Downtown Tempe. Would recommend this property to my family and friends. Love Hyatt Place.

Room Tip: 4th floor will get you a quiet room, North side for a beautiful view of Papago Park Mountains.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Hollywood, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for a week due to my business trip and I enjoyed being there. Even it was little isolated, the hotel provides free shuttle in radius of 5 miles, so you can get to Mill Avenue where is plenty restaurants, bars, shops etc. not far is nice park, botanical garden. you can even walk from there to dry river...only what I stopped to like was breakfast, every day almost same and not so many options. but for staying 2-3 nights you won't notice, for 5 you do...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
VAIL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

This hotel can be an excellent value proposition. Can be. It has a wide price range and I'm unwilling to spend at the high end which exceeds double the low end slightly under the $100 price point. Just won't do that for a night anyplace. Having said that it's worth a higher price point for the budget minded. The hotel is cleaner, at least appears newer, rooms bigger(bed and couch areas), has accessible and pleasant service and clearly a superior breakfast. They make a couple of eggs benedict kind of muffin. This might be with spinach, mushroom, cheese: something like that. Then, for the airport traveler, they provide a very convenient and again, accessible, shuttle to the airport. After hours one can simply request the service as needed. We have chosen this hotel again despite competitive hotels that may have undercut them by a few dollars. It's just that much nicer. Consider the price of a breakfast for two alone and, particularly, one that you enjoy as opposed to "well, they serve something".
Although I gave an average rating to location, it is a nice location. There's just nothing close by.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!