“Ask if they have cleaned the carpets before booking room or u may have wet feet!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport

You added Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1413 West Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281-2406 (Formerly "AmeriSuites Tempe/Phoenix Airport")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #25 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Arrived at airport called the hotel, they said ten minutes but arrived about 20 minutes no problem. Driver was great and friendly! Proceeded to check in and heard the lady at desk tell the person checking in in front of us to be careful about floor as carpets were just cleaned. We checked in girl was very friendly and helpful! We got to room where I took off my shoes and instantly my socks were WET!! Daughter tried to sit on couch but that too was wet from "being cleaned" that morning!! Husband called to request different room but were told sorry we told you they were just cleaned and could be alittle damp and no rooms were available. He then asked would stay in room if your floors and furniture were wet! no response from desk!! just we told you... We opened the door to room and noticed our neighbors were carrying loads of towels they were laying on the floor to dry the carpet in that room!! We asked them if their room was same with wet floors, they said yes. Needless to say we checked out and were told we would not be charged if "we did not take anything from room" I would never recommend this hotel!! So if you choose to stay call before to make sure they have not cleaned the carpets that day or you will be wearing wet socks!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Davis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed here on our last night in AZ because it was close to the airport. Hotel staff was very nice. Hotel was spotless, rooms were wonderful with a couch and big TV, plus a fridge and small wet bar. Beds were very comfy, we were on the 4th floor, so we didn't really hear the jets at night. The pool is nice and large. Breakfast was ok. Would definately stay here again if needing a place close to the airport.
We had dinner at a mexican place called "The Depot", not too far from the hotel on the edge of the ASU campus, really good!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived hoping for an early check in after spending the night in a Houston Airport. Without checking, the front desk attendant said no and suggested calling back later. I was in tears.... due to mechanical airplane difficulties in Kansas City and missing a flight and sleeping in an airport... just wanted to get out of clothes that I had been in for over 24 hours and freshen up. We were offered the Lobby bathroom and the suggestion to check back later. Not a good start!

The hotel was easy to find and in a good location for airport shuttle and driving to Spring Training games. The shuttle will accommodate requests up to 5 miles. Although we did not use the shuttle service... it was definitely seen as a perk. NOTHING is within walking distance, so transportation is necessary.

Found the room decently appointed. Did not look recently renovated, carpet was dirty, shower tile grout was stained and pillows were overly soft. The room looked worn. Found the bed firm but comfortable. I requested a high room, for the air to be turned down and extra foam pillows....did not receive any! The air conditioner in room 223 was loud and woke us several times during the night. The room was okay and a decent place to stay. I would hope anyone getting this room got a great rate because it was not worth the nearly $200 rate that was suggested to me as the current rate when I questioned why I was not getting the $15 food credit that was suggested when I made the reservation. This turned into a debate with the front desk... I was like really... I am paying hundreds of dollars for a room and this should not even be questioned!

Tried to check out at 3 AM, no one came to the front desk. I was worried when we departed and found four Phoenix police cars outside...still wonder what happened.

Breakfast was basic but free so that was nice. We chose to eat elsewhere and left too early the second day to take advantage of it.

Overall, met our expectations but definitely failed to exceed them. I am a tough cookie and when I vacation... I want to feel special... I so did not feel special on this stay as other reviewers were fortunate to feel. Pretty sure I won't be back :(

Room Tip: If you want a view ask for one . We only saw the parking lot!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

I'd booked a 3 night stay here and loved the hotel so much that I added another night. I didn't want to leave. The front desk team is amazing. Everyone was helpful with requests, information, service, etc. One of the managers, Jen, was thoughtful enough to bring green dye for St Patrick's day drinks. She also went out of her way to deliver an unexpected treat. A big THANKS for that! Everyone here is genuinely nice. The shuttle service offered is amazing. This hotel contributed to my love and loyalty of the Hyatt brand.

Room Tip: Inquire about the shuttle service benefits, and make sure to take advantage of this excellent perk.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this property for 2 nights while in town for business. It looks like the hotel had been renovated, so there were some signs of an aging building, but over all, it was very nice, clean and cofortable. Since it is close to the airport, there were a good amount of planes flying overhead, but it still remained quiet in the room.

The hotel has a nice location, while I wasnt there for spring training, the hotel was packed with people going to the games, and there were a few stadiums just a few minutes away. It is also a quick 5 minutes drive to Mill Road, which had a bunch of restaraunts and bars to hang out at, I would recommend heading there if you want to get out for the night.

I would add the service was excellent, and everyone I spoke with was very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again if I return to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have really come to love the Hyatt Place brand. As a hotel industry veteran - I am probably one of the pickiest traveler as it relates to hotels. Once you've worked for a hotel it can be a challenge to NOT walk in and immediately start "judging". The staff have been very nice, the room is good size and with divider - perfect for our family. Great food choices for meals and the comp breakfast in the morning offers lots of variety and well maintained. Location is good - very close to freeway, near Sun Devil Stadium/Arizona State and only 2 miles from Angels spring training camp. No lack of shops and restaurants - plenty to choose from.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

We stayed at this property when visiting for the 2013 Fiesta Bowl. I have stayed at Hyatt Place properties multiple times when traveling for business. This property delivers what you expect from Hyatt Place. The only downside is that the property is in need of updating. We had two adjoining rooms on the top floor. The carpet was worn and the bathroom was smaller than your typical, already small bathroom you get at Hyatt Place. The staff did a good job with breakfast and we didn't have any issue with airplane noise, even though we were very close to Sky Harbor. The front desk even adjusted my rate upon check in when I mentioned that the current rate published was lower than my reservation. Overall, a good trip (especially since we won the football game!).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!