“WOW- One of the best places I have stayed...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport

Save Saved
You added Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport to your Saves list
Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1413 West Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281-2406 (Formerly "AmeriSuites Tempe/Phoenix Airport")   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #22 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
“WOW- One of the best places I have stayed...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

Forget the great bargain this hotel is... i would have spent double to stay in this hotel, not the $79 standard rate we paid. We came here to stay for the 4th of July. The staff was extra friendly.. the lobby and hotel is beautiful in the contemporary modern decor. The rooms are spacious, up to date, perfect for a couple, or if you have children. The room layout is unique and contemporary. with a double bed room, you can easily still sleep 3 in the living area with the roll out and the 3rd space on the sectional pull out sofa. The breakfast in the morning is amazing, with real dishes, not paper, hot breakfast includes oatmeal, bagels with toaster, ready made Belgian waffles, breakfast croissant sandwiches and egg and bacon English muffin sandwiches, fresh juice bar with 8 juice selections, milk, and a coffee bar. Clean, hot, and well kept. The best part is there is a star bucks right in the hotel along with a 24/7 grill serving a variety of menu items. There is no formal restaurant, but a bar in the lobby area where they serve food, Starbucks, deserts, sandwiches and you may have any beverage of your choice. Speaking of the lobby area, again a unique design and beautiful and well designed for a smaller hotel. sitting areas in the lobby are comfortable, with a business area equipped with computers, a private sitting area with cushy sofas and chairs to watch Television, tables surround the perimeter for quiet private dining. The beds were so, so- but pillows were great, clean rooms, and just generally an inviting, warm atmosphere. There are balconies on some of the rooms. Although in an airport noise zone, you cannot hear the airplanes with the windows and patio doors shut, and we loved sitting out on the balcony watching the planes come into sky harbor overhead. I would stay here again in a heartbeat and recommend you stay here on your next trip to the area. Its worth the drive to stay here over a hotel even in the next city over. Again, one of the best values I have found and a great stay experience. A small hotel feel that is warm, inviting, comfortable and safe. I cant wait to hear from you if you have stayed here and had the same wonderful experience. Home away from home. kudos to the management and staff!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

158 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I needed a hotel where I could store my car for a 2 week vacation and get transfer to/fro airport. The Hyatt Place did all of that, and for free! Price was very reasonable through expedia. It is a very nice hotel, I'd definitely stay there again! No complaints.

Room Tip: through expedia
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

The Hyatt Place was clean and comfortable. The gallery offerings (food and alcohol) were actually pretty good and reasonably priced. The complementry breakfast was good as well. The front desk was helpful. My only complaint would be the very limited TV Channels, only a total of 33 and many of them were either finance based or ESPN. But overall, its a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Lake Havasu City, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

I stayed at this Hyatt Place for three nights in order to attend an off-site business workshop. Check-in was quick, and I was asked if I had a room preference. I said I just want to be away from the elevator. They placed me at the end of the hallway, which was great. I asked for and received a king bed. When I entered the room I found a separate sitting area, wet bar, refrigerator and a work desk. The bed was extremely comfortable. Shower and bathroom area was well-lit and included a hair dryer. The shampoo and conditioner amenities were actually terrific, and I used them my entire stay.

Breakfast was typical continental, with added breakfast sandwiches featuring egg, bacon, and one with what appeared to be mushrooms. I did not try any of these as the egg was fried and not scrambled. The waffles were kept under the warmer but were not warm - I ran them through the toaster on the lightest setting. The morning they had biscuits and gravy, the biscuits were very cold, almost frozen in the middle. I complained and my suggestion was taken directly to the kitchen. However, biscuits were not served again during my stay.

The free coffee was very good, and Starbucks was available for purchase. Wine selection was basic, and I did have a glass of merlot one night. There were also sandwiches and pastries available for purchase if desired.

I have two complaints: 1) The free wireless internet was a poor quality connection and I could not get any work done because screens kept freezing or not loading. I became so frustrated, I would have been willing to pay for wired internet! I even had my personal laptop with me and even it could not get a good connection. I used the downstairs PCs for doing my personal emails while I was there. 2) The air conditioner was VERY loud anytime it came on. I was almost asleep when it roared to life and scared me to death. Once asleep however, it did not wake me up. I actually got used to it by the third night.

Parking was free and the lot well-lit.

If I were not on business, I would stay here again. But the poor internet service makes this location undesirable.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Ohio, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights in March. Although this hotel isn't extremely close to downtown, its a manageable walk.
I am staying at this hotel again for the following reasons:
-Clean hotel, seems relatively new.
-Nice staff
-Good/free breakfast, including hot items (which not all Hyatt Place includes hot)
-Free (decent) WiFi
-Easy access to Town Lake trails and out of the busiest part of the city.

Things I'm not fond of:
-Very small gym, limited equipment
-Will bring my own shampoo & toiletries. Besides the free toothpaste, they leave little to be desired.

And a note about the aiport noise, unless you are going to bed before 9pm the noise from the airport is not bothersome. I wouldn't recommend the hotel for small children for this reason, however.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2011

I'm a fan of the Hyatt Place chain. The rooms are comfortable suites with a nice modular living area separate from the sleeping area, which makes for a pleasant place to relax after long days of meetings. I can stretch out on the modular sofa and read, surf or watch TV. Much more comfortable than a room with just a single chair and ottoman.

This particular hotel in Tempe is an older property. I arrived late at night and got one of the only two rooms left in the hotel. The first room I was given didn't have a cable internet connection, which I needed, so I switched to the sole remaining one. Both rooms are showing a bit of wear. The one I ended up in was fine.

Minor complaints... the iron doesn't have a steam blast button, which makes ironing a dress shirt a bit more difficult. Also, the a/c wasn't too powerful. I arrived on the evening of an unseasonably hot (95F) day in April and it took a long time for the room to cool down. And the internet connection (wired, as I didn't have wireless on the laptop I was using) was quite slow. Otherwise, the bed was very comfortable and I slept soundly for all three nights.

The staff were quite friendly and helpful; they were mostly in their 20s, poised and eager to help. The breakfast in the morning was simple but very good. The coffee was fairly decent, too, which is always a pleasant surprise in a hotel.

As for location, it's less than a five minute drive east to Mill Street and the heart of Tempe and ASU. And it's not much farther driving west to the airport. The hotel is a bit out in the middle of nowhere among some office parks just south of the Salt River. That's not a problem, however. I was able to get everywhere I wanted quite easily. A flight path to the airport runs in front of the hotel. I didn't hear anything, however, as my room was on the back of the hotel. Even standing out front as some planes glided over on descent the noise was minor.

I was quite happy with the hotel and will probably stay here again at the end of the month when I return on business.

Room Tip: Aim for a room on the back of the hotel
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
U.S.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2011

Arriving from the airport (10 minutes max), I thought, "uh oh"... in the middle of nowhere and without a rental car. BUT, I was pleasantly surprised. The hotel has very convenient shuttle service into town (5 or 7 minute drive) and to/from the airport.

I also was very pleasantly surprised that the "restaurant" (small but does the job!) had good, healthy food options -- more than just cheeseburgers and wings -- for reasonable prices. The continental breakfast was included and was really quite good (remember, "continental" does not mean bacon-and-eggs! So keep your expectations level).

The staff was superbly accomodating. They act as concierge, desk clerks, AND waiters... not sure how they do it all, but they didn't skip a beat while I was there.

The hotel was immaculate and updated -- not sure what the complaints were earlier about being run down; maybe the hotel has since spiffed things up.

Oh, and I heard no airport noise. But, I was an after-midnight arrival and up early.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Tempe/Phoenix Airport? Share your experiences!