“Not sure about this one.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe

You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1429 N Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #9 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Sacramento, California
“Not sure about this one.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2010

I just checked into this hotel today. The person at the front desk was not very welcoming in the slightest bit possible. I felt that I was disturbing him when I asked to check in. Upon entering my room, housekeeping forgot to leave adequate bath towels in the bathroom. As a housekeeping manager in the resort industry, I know that presentation is very important to the hotel guests. I'm not sure how that slipped by whomever inspected my room. I would rate this motel as average.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2010

There were no suites available on the second floor with a king size bed away from the pool, so we settle for one with two queen beds. There was hardly any room to move around the bedroom. One of the beds was practically on top of the air conditioner. The bathroom was awkward, the walk-in closet was great. The sitting area was nice, but had too much noise from people walking by. There was a kitchen with nothing in it! The noise from the planes was horrible, so was the street noise from Scottsdale Rd.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
HamptonTempeGM, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, May 5, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I am so sorry about the noise you experienced from Scottsdale Road. The rooms on the back side of our hotel are farther from the road and are quieter, and we would be happy to book a king suite on the second floor and away from the pool for you in this location on your next visit.
I’m also sorry we didn’t have any utensils in the kitchen. We assure you that this is not the norm, and we will make every effort to ensure it doesn’t happen again. We hope that you’ll give us the opportunity to make this up to you the next time you’re passing through.
Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Please consider staying with us again on your next visit to Tempe.
Toronto
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2010

This hotel was close to my meeting location and a 2nd choice. After arriving from UK and with a 7 hour of time zone adjustment, it was nice to arrive. Staff were friendly and helpful. I usually stay at Hampton Inns because they have free internet access and breakfasts.

The room was comfortable although it was not your regular format hotel. My room in one of the buildings faced the pool area on the second floor, which could have been noisy, but it was still cool outdoors. The only problem I experienced was a noisy phone line that made conversation very difficult. The internet is wireless but slow - probably because the main building had the base station. Staff filed a report for the telephone upon departure.

There's not much in restaurants in the area, so you better have a car.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
Tucson
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2010

The general location of the Hampton Inn Suites in Tempe is convenient to the University and The Mill Avenue District. When arriving to the Hampton Inn Suites, it was easy to get to but that meant it was on a main busy street (which made it easy to walk to a store or convenient to get a coffee). The hotel is tucked back away from the street, so the street noise did not carry to the hotel. I was pleasantly greeted and given my room with directions. The suite felt spacious, clean, and nicely decorated. The interior decoration was modern and included granite counter tops, down comforter, and flat screen televisions. I walked the grounds and found that there were two pools (one with a spa) . I spent some time to just relax pool side. I liked the clean and new linens the best and was disappointed that there were no dishes. I would definitely return to the hotel for business or pleasure. Thanks!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Madison, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2010

When we made our reservations, we just asked for a king size non-smoking. Imagine our surprise when we opened the door to a very nice 1 bedroom suite. Small kitchenette (which we didn't use, but still), large LCD TVs in both rooms, a large closet and bathroom. And it was only $99 a night! Lots of cable channels, a very nice pool area (heated in the cooler months) and they even had teabags with the coffee maker (my partner is a tea freak). Breakfast is the usual Hampton deal, not extravagant but plenty of variety. We wished all the places on our trip had been this nice!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2010

We went to visit my sister-in-law over last Thanksgiving and stayed at this Hampton. We were very pleased with our two one-bedroom suites. The hotel staff was pleasant and very helpful. We made extensive use of the free courtesy shuttle, the driver was terrific. He picked us up from the airport, and after we checked in, he drove to a nearby restaurant for dinner. When dinner was over, he came and picked us up again.

The place was spotless, not even a cigarette butt in the parking lot.

Although the weather wasn't that hot, the pool was warm and clean, our two grand children loved it.

We will definitely stay here again.

And by the way, the adult entertainment business that the other reviewer referred to is closed and out of business.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Longmont, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2010

Stayed here for a week while in Phoenix for business. Service at the hotel was great. Rooms were very comfortable. Flat screen tvs in each room, pretty good breakfast selection. WiFi worked without issue. My only complaint would be the hotel's location. If you want to be very close to restaurants, shopping, etc., you might not be happy with this hotel's location. I did find good food and shopping within driving distance (ASU is 2 miles south), but the hotel itself is on a street with adult shops, not too many choices in food. I don't have any problem with the adult shops, I only mention it because others might. The neighborhood still seemed plenty safe to me. If I had business in the area again, I would definitely stay here.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!