I was in the Phoenix area for business and did not want to stay in Phoenix so I choose a hotel near some business clients in the Tempe area.
The hotel is very unique for a Hampton. The lobby was a bit small but very nice. The check in was quick and the staff were pleasant.
The hotel is made up of different corridors, where you access your room from the outside. It may sound kind of motelish without seeing the setup however it is not at all. They gave us a room on the second floor with a view of the pool. The room was one of the smallest I have ever stayed in for a Hampton. It had two double beds. The one bed was almost right against the window and the other bed you could step out of and be in the bathroom. The nice part was that the sink and vanity was not in the bathroom which makes it nice for more than one person getting ready. The room had a nice flat screen TV, with coffee maker and fridge. They had complimentary snacks in the room which I thought was a nice touch. Besides the room being small, I thought it was good.
The pool was nice and clean. They provided towels at the pool area. Between the corridors of the hotel were several seating areas all arranged very pleasantly with great landscaping. The one corridor had a nice putting green.
The breakfast area was one of the best parts of the hotel. Even though the hotel doesn't have much of a view of anything but buildings, the outside breakfast area made for a nice touch. You had your choice of seating inside or outside on a very nice covered patio with flat screen TV's, tables, chairs, and couches. Of course for those chilly mornings there were outside heaters. The breakfast was good. The usual for any Hampton Inn breakfast (i.e. a few hot items, along with pastries, toast, bagels, cereal, juice & coffee).
The hotel had free parking and there was plenty of space.
I had stayed at this hotel for one night and went to a different hotel the next three nights to be in the Glendale area. I would have much rather been at this hotel and just put up with the extra driving back and forth. Great hotel all together. Would recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a three-tier Resort style destination centrally located in the heart of the Phoenix Metro Area, 1 mile north of Arizona State University, 2 miles south of Old Town Scottsdale, 1 mile west of the brand new Tempe Marketplace, and less than 4 miles east of the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).The Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe – ASU is conveniently located one mile from downtown Tempe and Arizona State University. With 162 beautiful guestrooms and suites, our hotel offers central location, diverse amenities and a friendly staff with in-depth knowledge of the region. Whether you’re travelling to Arizona for business or pleasure, we are the ideal destination for anyone visiting the Phoenix/Tempe area. If you’re looking for world-class shopping, recreation and entertainment, you’ve come to the right place. Watch the Cactus League Spring Training featuring 15 MLB teams. Golf at top notch courses like ASU Karsten Golf Course, Arizona Grand Resort or the Legacy Golf Resort. Paddle a kayak around Tempe Town Lake and afterward, take in a Broadway performance at the ASU Gammage auditorium. Shop at Old Town Scottsdale, just four miles away and one of the biggest destinations in the greater Phoenix area. Relax in one of our guestrooms featuring signature Red Lion beds, complimentary wi-fi, work desks and flat screen TVs. Suite options include rooms with an oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Our resort-style setting offers a complimentary breakfast, fitness center, 24-hour convenience store, news stand, outdoor swimming pool, 15-person whirlpool, tennis court and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu
- Hampton Inn Tempe
- Tempe Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Asu