“Don't judge a book by it's cover” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe

You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1429 N Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #9 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Florida
“Don't judge a book by it's cover”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I pulled up to check-in and was not liking what I saw...construction barriers and workers to the south and no place to park. I walked into the lobby and told staff I wasn't happy with what I was seeing. They gave me a key to check out a room and if I still wasn't happy, they would cancel my reservation. BTW, I had three rooms reserved. After checking out the room, which required a walk through the property, I was liking the cozy feel of Red Lion. I told them I wanted to check some other places but soon returned as this location was good for our purposes, close to the 202 and Scottsdale Road.

We spent three nights at Red Lion and could not have been more pleased. There was a turf area where my granddaughters could practice with their volleyball. They enjoyed the pool. Two of our rooms were suites. The living area was very adequate but the bedroom was a little tight. Supposed to be two queen beds but seemed more like expanded full size to me. Breakfast was typical hotel fare.

The staff all three days was very courteous, helpful and accomodating. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Our rooms were on second floor, near Scottsdale Road, but didn't hear road or construction noise...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We try to minimize the construction noise as much as possible so our guests can have an enjoyable stay. I am happy to hear you and your family enjoyed the common areas of the hotel. Thank you for choosing to stay with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
West Covina, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

One of the least expensive hotels in the area, but don't let that scare you away! Clean room with crisp sheets on a comfortable bed, lots of great options for breakfast. Front desk person wasn't always around to answer questions during normal business hours, but that was the only negative thing we experienced during our stay. Would definitely stay again when in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Jasper M, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you for your review: I was glad to hear your stay was pleasant. I have spoken to the front desk about their attention to detail when it comes to our guest. We would love to see you in the future.

Jasper
Whittier, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I used the 30% promotion , so the room rate great! The only thing that turned me off was the bathtub, it was gray on the bottom , not sure if it could be cleaned unless they resurface the tub. Otherwise the room was clean

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Hello gigspa51 first I'd like to thank you for taking the time to write a review. I was glad to see you take advantage of one of our promotions. I was a little remised to here you had problems with our tub. Since your stay I have addressed the "tub problem" with our maintenance director. We look forward to having you as a guest in the future. It was a pleasure serving you.
az
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Very convenient to PHX airport, 10 minute drive or use their complimentary van. Many nearby restaurants. Room was clean, well designed and well maintained. Comfortable bed. We stayed in a suite and had a microwave, refrigerator and extra room. Good complimentary breakfast. Reception Staff is helpful. Great value in a pricey city.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for staying with us again! We are happy to hear you found our hotel clean and convenient. We hope you visit us again soon.
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

great place to stay with great prices. Will definitely be staying here again. Thanks for the fantastic service! Very clean and great customer service!! We had a great time while visiting from Florida!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Pilar S, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We are so happy you enjoyed your time in Tempe. We strive to provide our guests with a clean and comfortable room with great service and are happy to hear when we have done so. Hope to have you stay again soon!
Bronx, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

Booked a kitchenette from March 18-25 to catch some Spring training baseball games. I have been here previously when it was a Hampton Inn and I loved it. Nothing has really changes as far as I can tell but here is a rundown:
Rooms- large, clean, well furnished with modern appliances and televisions but surprisingly, no utensils??? In a Kitchenette???
Property- clean, well manicured grounds. Did not check out the pools but from what I remember, they are good.
Amenities- complimentary breakfast buffet with good coffee, juices, fruits, oatmeal, waffles, eggs, assorted pastries and otherwise a great way to start your day.
The hotel shuttle bus can take you anywhere within a five mile radius. Thankfully, Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport is within the five miles, as are many of the Spring Training Facilities in the Cactus League
Staff- one word... AWESOME. From the front desk clerk on admission to the shuttle bus driver they were all very professional and courteous.

All in all, I would have absolutely no reservations about coming back!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
We are so happy you enjoyed your Spring training trip. Thank you for taking the time to reveiw your stay with us. Hope to see you again next year!
Tempe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

On our last night staying at the red lion we were locked out of our room! We came back from getting food and our key card did not work. After telling the man at the front desk he "fixed" our key. We went back to our room and the door still would not open! We then went back to the front desk where he preceded to tell us how to use the key card (as if we had not been using them all weekend!) and made us two new keys. We went back to our room where surprise neither of the keys worked. The security guard came to help us and very rudely accused us of either having someone in the room or having something hanging on the back of the door, we of course had neither. He then told us he was going to the airport and would figure something out when he got back! It was cold outside and we were told to just wait for an hour while he "figured something out??!!" Finally the guy at the front desk just gave us a new room and said we had to wait for the maintenance guy to get there at 7 in the morning. So now we have a new room with none of our things! I didn't have my contact solution, glasses, or medication.... Then the next morning the maintenance guy had to take the whole keypad off the door as it was completely broken! Not to mention we had a bill in our room for the whole time we stayed. No mention of trying to rectify the whole mess of the night before! I am super super upset with the whole situation as we really enjoyed the room and were planing on staying at the Red Lion when we go to Disneyland later this year. Doubt that now!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Hello Alisha, I am so sorry for the experience you had at our hotel. It is not a usual guest experience. I am happy that I was able to compensated you for the troubles you experienced. I sincerely hope you will give us another chance to extend our usual hospitality. Thank you.

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!