“Wonderful stay, will Return.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe

You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1429 N Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Cyber Monday Sale
Ranked #8 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Garden Grove, California
“Wonderful stay, will Return.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

My family & I have a wonderful time staying at Red Lion Inn & Suites on 08/27/13. Check in was so fast & friendly. The Clerk was very nice & helpful. He told me I have an automatic upgrade to a full suite with kitchen. He shows me actually where my room is on the map, which is 25 steps away. I park my car right under my room. I can see my car from my room. The staff are very friendly. Breakfast in the morning is ok. The most fancy thing my niece & nephew love is the pancake. Everything else is just regular continental breakfast.

The room was very clean, beds are clean & pillows very comfortable. The kitchen is very clean & the fridge is huge. It is very nice to have the kitchen we went to Fry supermarket & brought corns to cook & green grapes to washed in the sink. The pool was small & kinna dirty. The room is quiet. We will return to Red Lion Inn & Suites if we return to the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HamptonTempe, General Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Our full kitchen suites are great for guests on long stays or guests with kids. I am sorry to hear the pool was dirty while you were here. We try and clean both pools every morning. I will share your comments with our maintenance staff. Thank you for staying with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
AZ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Terrific rate...cheaper than parking at phx for 9 days!! Had a great suite eith kitchenette...nice safe parking location too. Friendly staff. Lovely pool in middle of complex...hot tub too. 5 mins to airport.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. Our park and fly is a favorite among locals and residents of AZ outside of Phoenix. Hope you had a great trip and choose to park, stay and fly with us again. Thank you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

My gf and I spent the weekend in one if the kitchenette suites and had a BLAST!! The beds were clean and comfortable, the service was awesome, and the breakfasts were delicious (waffles with the hotel logo...a must see!!). Highly recommended!!

• Stayed August 2013
I am happy to hear you had a great staycation!! We have lots to offer at our property, 2 pool, jacuzzi, putting green... And our free shuttle will take guest anywhere in a 5 mile radius. Enjoy dinner and night life in Old Town Scottsdale without worring about driving or paying for a cab. Hope you choose your next staycation with us. Thank you for reviewing our property.
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here before a flight. It is located close to the airport. My first surprise was how great the room was. Everything was much more than I expected. The hotel has 2 swimming pool and a putting green and most likely has more but I didn't see all of the property. There was prompt service to and from the airport and I was able to park my car for free. They had a great breakfast. A computer in the lobby as well as WIFI. There was nothing more to ask for.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. We like our hotel too :) And it's only getting better. We are starting a lobby and breakfast remodel as well as upgrades to the rooms. We are scheduled to done by November 7th. Hope you will visit again to see he exciting changes. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I made a trip to meet my family in Phoenix (as we do annually) and we have always stayed in the same area and since the last few years stayed in the same hotel, which was a Hampton Inn, but this year we were confused and skeptical to learn it was a new chain, the Red Lion. We called and since it seemed so similar we took a chance and stayed.

We are so happy we did! The people were the same. Great service and same happy and helpful people.

I actually like the new feel and my family and I had such a great time here.

It's in such a great location and when my travels bring me to Scottsdale once a year, this is our family's home away from home!

• Stayed August 2013
Andrew S, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Hello Caligirlontheroad,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear your stay was enjoyable and our staff provided great service. We look forward to seeing you and your family again in the future!
Thank you again.
-Andrew
YUMA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Staying with a sleep park fly deal made this worthwhile, but otherwise I would not return. Solid service cannot make up for the serious ant problem in our room. Good size room with terrible bathroom, including the always unpleasant pubic hair on shower wall from previous guests.
Also, not a great area and a ways till you can find restaurants.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yuma, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

The Red Lion Inn was previously a Hampton Inn that is associated with the ParkSleepFly website. We always choose this hotel when we are flying out of Sky Harbor. The staff, shuttle service, parking, breakfast, and facilities are great. We've been upgraded to one of the kitchenette suites recently and really liked the experience. We will continue to stay here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!