“Enjoyable/comfortable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe-ASU to your Saves list
RedLion.com Priceline.com
Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe-ASU
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1429 North Scottsdale Road, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Hampton Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #7 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Vail, Arizona
“Enjoyable/comfortable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

I was in town for business (triathlons) and was housed at this hotel. I am female, traveling alone, and felt completely safe on the premises. Bed was very comfortable; I had a couple of nights of good sleep even in an unfamiliar setting. The shuttle service is great. They took us and picked us up from Monti's Restaurant with zero issues. The room was a bit small but traveling alone it was perfectly-sized for me. I would not have wanted to be in that room with my family of 4, though.
There was quite a bit of noise from the celebrating triathletes but that's not the hotel issue....and I didn't hear anyone after 11 pm or so, so it may have been dealt with by the staff. Would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

205 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Orange County, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I am always pleased with my stays at Hampton Inn and once again I was happy. We had a suite which was a decent size, but not particularly large. Clean, comfortable, plenty of amenities. We enjoyed the pool which was heated (took no time to "get used to it"). The jacuzzi was nice too! There were lots of little places around to sit and enjoy the outdoors and the nice grounds. It was also very convenient to ASU if you are visiting the campus.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Payson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed here in preparation for an early flight out of the Phoenix Airport the next morning, but notice I said "stayed" not slept! I should have asked to be moved to a different room, but I was all settled in and didn't feel like packing back up. They supposedly did me a favor and upgraded me to a suite but the bedroom backed up to busy Scottsdale Rd and I heard the traffic all night! Additionally, the on/off of the air conditioner was an irritant too. One good thing is you can park here and catch the shuttle to the airport, but I won't be staying here again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in Room #203, it backs up to Scottsdale Rd and there is traffic all night long.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
tempe_hampton_andrew, Front Office Manager at Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe-ASU, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
PasssionateTraveler,
I sincerely apologize for the noise issue encountered during your stay. Our guests’ comfort and safety is my number one concern. Your review will assist in correcting issues in the future. I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our property again and we will be more than happy to find a quiet room away from the street.
Thank you.
New London, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We checked in on Sat 4/20 with a family group of 15! Everything was fine and the staff were helpful. Kids loved the pool. We had a "red-eye" flight to NY late on Sunday night. Three of us returned rental cars to Hertz at PHX and used the shuttle to get back. We checked out on Sunday, bags were securely stored for us, and we used the shuttle to get us to the Zoo and back. Everyone was very helpful: particularly the shuttle drivers and the young lady who was on duty at the front desk both Sat and early Sunday. I say thank you for a good stay, good service and at a fair price. We would recommend this Hampton Inn in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We needed instructions on how to avoid road closures for "Pat's Run" yet still get to ASU on time for an all day workshop the day of the run. The front desk staff mapped it all out for us the day before so that we could do a test drive the evening before the workshop. They were 100% accurate. We would never have made it on our own!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Tucson
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

We almost always choose a Hampton Inn when we travel and we are generally happy with this chain's hotel rooms. However, this Hampton Inn was significantly below expectations and appeared to be older than others we have stayed at. We reserved a King Bed room. The room was very small and there was no refrigerator or microwave in the room (a downgrade from other Hampton Inns we've stayed at). The air conditioner was exceedingly noisy. Walls were thin and I could hear the person in the next room snoring. About the only positive thing I can say is that the bed was comfortable and the room was generally clean although there were scuff marks on the bed headboard and on the room's entry door (inside and out). I went to the front desk that night to ask if they had any earplugs and an eye mask. I was told that housekeeping would send them up if they had these items. There was no follow-up and no visit from housekeeping. I would have expected at least a phone call to say that these items were not available. Breakfast was adequate but nothing special. The next morning I was sitting on the bed and periodically the entire room, including the desk and bed, would vibrate rapidly, as if there was some large machinery that was shaking the building. Never found out what it was and it kept happening on and off during the morning. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RMCTucson,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us at our hotel. We really appreciate your feedback and are very sorry for the condition of your guest room. We will take your comments under consideration as we work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will come visit us in the future.
Thank you again.
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I was very pleasantly surprised with this property. With hilton gold I was given asuite with kitchen across from the main pool and hot tub. There was plenty of parking and the normally expected facilities. I would recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a reasonably priced vacation.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe-ASU? Share your experiences!