We reserved a room for one night. We wanted to stay for 2, but decided to look at the room first. It seemed OK, so we told the front desk we would stay for 2 nights. We were traveling with our 2 year old. We put her to sleep in the living room part of the room and my husband took a shower. The water was stuck on scalding hot-impossible to use and dangerous! We tried to call the front desk that night, but we couldn't get the bedroom phone to work and didn't want to wake the baby to use the living room phone. When we called the front desk the next morning, the girl said she didn't know when the shower could be fixed. The manager wasn't there and no one knows his schedule. Finally she offered to change our room. So then we moved all our stuff halfway across the property from upstairs to downstairs, without an elevator or luggage cart and dragging a screaming 2-year old. Then we left to sight-see and keep an appointment. At 11:30 the manager was finally there, but he suggested the shower could have been fixed that night and we should have called then. I said the phone didn't work, even if it did, I didn't want people coming into the room and waking up the baby. Even still, I doubt anyone would have come that late (8:30pm) because when I called in teh morning, the girl said she didn't know when anyone could come and fix it. Surely, during business hours (it was 7:30am) they could know when their maintenance worker could come, yet they couldn't and the manager actually said someone would have come that night. Or he said he could have switch our room that night. Impossible! We were totally set up, with a baby sleeping. And I had already been to the supermarket to stock up the fridge. And we forgot her night light when we did switch rooms, but no one knows what happened to it. Teh only thing the manager offered to do was give us half off our first night. That isn't good enough for the huge inconvenience, not to mention the danger of that scalding water. Plus he made it seem like it was our fault for not calling that night.
In addition, the breakfast wasn't that great. Each morning we had to inform the attendant that she was out of something. How hard is her job that she can't look and see if there are tater tots in a bin? And no coffee? Lazy!
I wouldn't stay here again if it was $1 a night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a three-tier Resort style destination centrally located in the heart of the Phoenix Metro Area, 1 mile north of Arizona State University, 2 miles south of Old Town Scottsdale, 1 mile west of the brand new Tempe Marketplace, and less than 4 miles east of the Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX).The Red Lion Inn & Suites Phoenix/Tempe – ASU is conveniently located one mile from downtown Tempe and Arizona State University. With 162 beautiful guestrooms and suites, our hotel offers central location, diverse amenities and a friendly staff with in-depth knowledge of the region. Whether you’re travelling to Arizona for business or pleasure, we are the ideal destination for anyone visiting the Phoenix/Tempe area. If you’re looking for world-class shopping, recreation and entertainment, you’ve come to the right place. Watch the Cactus League Spring Training featuring 15 MLB teams. Golf at top notch courses like ASU Karsten Golf Course, Arizona Grand Resort or the Legacy Golf Resort. Paddle a kayak around Tempe Town Lake and afterward, take in a Broadway performance at the ASU Gammage auditorium. Shop at Old Town Scottsdale, just four miles away and one of the biggest destinations in the greater Phoenix area. Relax in one of our guestrooms featuring signature Red Lion beds, complimentary wi-fi, work desks and flat screen TVs. Suite options include rooms with an oven, dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave. Our resort-style setting offers a complimentary breakfast, fitness center, 24-hour convenience store, news stand, outdoor swimming pool, 15-person whirlpool, tennis court and a putting green. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Groupon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Despegar.com and Hotwire so you can book your Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu
- Hampton Inn & Suites Phoenix Tempe - Asu Hotel Tempe
- Hampton Inn Tempe
- Tempe Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn Asu