“Good Hotel, very close to airport & highways” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #20 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Wilmington, Delaware
“Good Hotel, very close to airport & highways”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Stayed 3 nights Oct 8-10, 2012, two adults. Springhill Suites gives your a bit room to sit on a sofa, a desk w/wi-fi and small fridge. Best described as economy suites, nice solid Marriott offering, but not plush/elegant. This is second stay at a Springhill within a month, when I normally stay at Courtyard by Marriott, would recommend Springhill especially for the space.

Room clean, we requested top floor becuase you may hear noises as families can fill up the place on weekend. Breakfast was expanded continental - make your own waffle, juices, fruit, cereal, oatmeal, scrambled eggs. Hot Coffee & tea available 24x7.

This location is directly in the flight path, while I thought you can hear the planes not a big deal. Just keep that in mind and no complaining about it!

The in wall (old type) air/heat unit was the worst thing as very noisy fan off and on all the time. We tried changing temp to get it to shut off and finally just turned it off when we did not need the air for short times simple to have quiet. It is in office complex area, nothing to walk to, but is central to highways, short drive over to Mill Ave/ASU. We found good dinners nearby on Broadway Rd. Pool was nicely walled / private in the back of hotel, no views but works for cooling off or quick swim.

Overall recommend this Springhill and the Springhill brand in general for good value with room and not exhorbinate prices.

Room Tip: In the flight path of PHX Airport, but was not that noisy unless you are super sensitive to any city...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

99 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

the 3rd floor had a horrible moldy order to it. YUCK. Also there was banging/hammering at 6am! I am not sure what was broken but all three days someone was banging on something.

The workout room could be larger. it was full both days I was there. luckily i got to the treadmill first. I didn't get to lift at all because the benches and the machines were occupied.

The location is awesome so I will try another hotel in the area. Admittedly, the rate was very good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Cairo, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

Our family stayed one night here to catch a flight out of Sky Harbor the next day. Rooms were very large, with very comfortable beds. Staff was very helpful, recommending wonderful places to eat in the area. The shuttle to the airport was also a welcomed benefit. Our room was on the front of the hotel, where the planes coming into Sky Harbor were right upside our window. However, room was well insulated, and when the TV was on, we could not hear the planes coming in or taking off. Slept very well, even with the airport very near. Breakfast had many options for my entire family. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Albuquerque, Nm
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

UPDATED REVIEW! In a previous review of the SpringHill Suites Tempe/PHX Airport (which has since been deleted), I said that, given a choice, I would probably stay elsewhere despite the excellence of the staff. (I felt the décor was tired and in need of an update even though I found the hotel and rooms very clean.) Surprisingly I found myself back in PHX 2 weeks later and after being snarled at by the staff of the hotel next door I returned to this SpringHill. The customer service was as good as before, if not better, and while the rooms were the same I feel I was a bit harsh in my assessment. Yes, I still feel an update is needed but the rooms are clean and comfortable with nice big bathrooms. Then, one week later, I found myself back in PHX and once again chose this hotel for the location and the staff. At check-in Crystal (a gem at the front desk) offered me a complimentary upgrade to an “Executive Key Room”, which was described as a newly updated, remodeled room. Never one to turn down a free upgrade, I agreed. I’m glad I did as the room was awesome! It was a pleasant surprise; freshly updated with new paint, wallpaper, window coverings, carpet and furniture. The room felt larger than my previous rooms and it had a walk-in closet! Colors were contemporary yet soothing, there was an “L”-shaped sofa, adequate desk, and an updated wet bar with refrigerator and microwave. The living area needs more lighting and, really; that is my only complaint and it is minor. I don’t partake of “free breakfast” at most of the hotels at which I stay and I didn’t here, opting to eat out at a local restaurant. The pool area was clean enough to enjoy a refreshing dip in the 105 degree heat. The staff, again, was aces, from the front desk to housekeeping. Even if I don’t get the “Executive Key Room” on my next visit I feel like I’ve found my “go-to” hotel when I need to stay near Sky Harbor. Two things to remember: 1) this hotel is at the end of one of the runways so there is going to be significant aircraft noise; and 2) remember to tip your housekeeping staff. The ladies here are some of the nicest I’ve encountered.

Room Tip: North-facing rooms will be cooler
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
San Ramon, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

First stay at a SpringHill Suites and while it is not a Ritz Carlton this might as well be. The hotel and staff are as good as any 5 Star hotel I have stayed at. From the time I arrived and was picked up at the airport the staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. The room is large and very comfortable.

Everyone went out of their way to make my stay not only enjoyable but also helpful. From local shuttle service to storing bags after checkout. This has become my hotel for Phoenix, Tempe or Scottsdale visits.

Room Tip: Great for business, family and trips with children. Nice pool and self service laundry if needed.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
tkolner
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

The writers who point out the location of this hotel in relationship to the airport are right: It's very close.

What I can't figure out is why only a few reviewers write about the noise of the jets flying only a short distance overhead. It's as noisy as if I were in a sleeping bag at the end of the runway.

They arrive late into the night, and pick up again early in the morning. I woke up at 4 am thinking a 737 was coming through my window.

As nice as the hotel and staff are, forget getting a good night sleep around here!

• Stayed June 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Need a nice place to stay with Marriott quality, this is the place. Spacious rooms and nice breakfast .

• Stayed April 2012

Been to SpringHill Suites Phoenix Tempe/Airport? Share your experiences!