“great value for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe

You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 East Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85282 (Formerly Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #23 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“great value for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

My sister and I came to Tempe with the intention of spending a lot of time at Chase for Tigers/Diamondbacks games. I found this place on Expedia for a great nightly rate and saw reviews were rather favorable (and let's be serious...the photos of that hot breakfast buffet...hard to turn down, am I right?) We stayed for two nights, and I'd definitely recommend it if someone I knew were staying there and the price was right. It isn't the best place I've ever stayed...I saw that a couple of the tiles near the floor were falling off of the wall, but it didn't feel unclean. It was nice to have the mini fridge, microwave and sink in the suite. The bed was comfortable, I didn't have any issues with "paper thin" walls as others have mentioned, and the breakfast selection was wonderful! The potatoes were our favorite :) My main upset being there was that when we left for hikes each morning before sunrise, the coffee was never out in the lobby...the time when I really wanted it most. But it was nice to have coffee there during the day, and at night there were even delicious cookies! It's definitely a place I'd stay again if we went back to Tempe. Thanks for a great stay! I didn't have an issue with the wifi...I'm not going to complain if it's a little slow when I'm not being charged an extra $5-$15 a day for it!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
Dear Ashleymm 1020,

Thank you very much for your kind comments about our Hawthorn Suites Tempe. We appreciate your honesty, loyalty and business! I am glad you enjoyed our wonderful breakfast selection and our comfortable beds. We will have to look into having coffee available earlier in the mornings, especially if you return!

We thank you again for staying with us and hope to see you return real soon!

Alyssa C.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Tempe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

For the price - fabulous room. Our room window faced the freeway exit. Never heard the cars... a very quiet room

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
Dear Lorretta B

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our Hawthorn Suites in Tempe. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay!

Alyssa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Im checking in tomorrow somewhat late..so i called to ask if they have any rooms by the pool since im disabled and can't walk far and plan on spending alot of time at the pool..Cameron was all to happy to assist me and made sure my room by the pool would be ready for my late arrival..He made me even more excited for my visit.I haven't even checked in and i love this place already!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Dear Juanita N,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor prior to your stay at the Hawthorn Suites in Tempe. I appreciate your kind comments regarding Kameron. I will be happy to inform him he has yet another guest comment!! We are very thankful he is apart of our team.

We hope you enjoy your stay!

Alyssa

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe? Share your experiences!