“Great breakfast!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 East Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85282 (Formerly Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 46 hotels in Tempe
GreenLeadersSilver level
El Paso
“Great breakfast!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Loved the breakfast, staff was great but rooms not as clean as I wish they would have been. My shower was gross, ring around tub and black! Bed was nice and clean. When I made reservations I made sure to ask if pool was available and I was told yes and given hours of pool, I get to hotel and pool says closed, pool not a deal breaker I would have stayed there anyway I just feel I was lied to so I would reserve. Again breakfast was simple but good, bagels, muffins, scrambled eggs, bacon and potatoes.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

tempehawthorn, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Desiree,
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor. We are delighted to hear your overall experience here at Hawthorn Suites in Tempe was a great one! We take pride in serving our guests a delicious, fresh, hot breakfast every morning- perfect way to start your day. We do have brand new Simmons Cape Breton Beautyrest mattresses in all of our guest suites, for the most comfortable night’s sleep. We are sorry to hear about unsatisfactory cleaning in the bathtub- this is something we do not condone, and wish to make right for you immediately during your stay. In preparation for pool and spa renovations, it was listed clearly on our website for online reservations, such as yours. We do apologize for the inconvenience, but hope you will return so that you and your family may enjoy our beautifully finished pool. Thank you for choosing Hawthorn Suites!
Warm Wishes,
Management

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Eagle River, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

When I first began to visit my son at ASU, I tried to stay as close to campus as possible. I soon realized, since I rent a car anyway, I didn't need to be next door. I found the Hawthorn Suites and was able to get an amazing deal. The hotel is right next to 101 and only 4 miles and 10 minutes from campus. I stayed in a room with a full kitchen overlooking the pool. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and accommodating.; I asked for late check out and it was no problem. I was also able to check in early since I arrived in the morning, they got me in my room by noon. The Hotel provides a free breakfast every morning in a lovely breakfast room. It includes eggs, bacon, sausage, juices, cereal, bagels, toast and pastry.

I don't think, for the price, you can beat this hotel. I imagine I will be staying there every time I return to see my son at ASU.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over the parking lot in back.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
tempehawthorn, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, May 11, 2013
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for your awesome review on TripAdvisor. This is the kind of feedback we strive to receive each day at Hawthorn Suites in Tempe, by providing the ultimate hotel experience. It is great that you were able to enjoy your spacious and clean suite, the delicious hot breakfast each morning, our convenient location near ASU, and all the amenities we have to offer. We would love to have you back again, the next time you are visiting your son. Thanks for choosing Hawthorn Suites!
Warm Wishes,
Management

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe

Address: 2301 East Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85282 (Formerly Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport)
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Tempe
#1 Green Hotel in Tempe
#2 Best Value Hotel in Tempe
#4 Romantic Hotel in Tempe
#11 Business Hotel in Tempe
Hotel Class:3 star — Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe 3*
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe/Mesa/Phoenix Located just off 101 Price Freeway near Route 60, Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe hotel, near Sky Harbor International Airport, combines southern hospitality with the comforts of home. Our Tempe, AZ, hotel provides easy access to all major highways, including Interstate 10 and Loops 101, 60 and 202, and is convenient to Mill Avenue District, Arizona State University and Sun Devil Stadium.Start each morning with a free hot breakfast buffet, then workout in our fitness and exercise center and unwind in our spa. Make a splash in our outdoor pool or enjoy a relaxing soak in our hot tub. All suites feature free high speed Wi-Fi Internet access, two 32" LCD TV's in each room, microwaves, refrigerators and in-room safes. Handicapped-accessible suites are available, and kids 17 and under stay free with an adult. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Wyndham, Tingo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hawthorn Suites By Wyndham Tempe Hotel Tempe
Hawthorn Suites Tempe
Tempe Hawthorn Suites
Hawthorn Suites Phoenix

If you own or manage Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.