“Nice, Clean and Friendly Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe

Save Saved
You added Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe to your Saves list
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 East Southern Avenue, Tempe, AZ 85282 (Formerly Hilton Garden Inn Phoenix Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead, Save 15%
Ranked #11 of 46 hotels in Tempe
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chino, California
“Nice, Clean and Friendly Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

This hotel was in a great location for freeeway access and close to many of the sites we wanted to visit in Tempe, AZ. We had a street side room that was a little noisy on Friday during the morning commute, but the weekend was more quiet. Helpful staff for local information. The rooms came complete with a mini fridge and microwave and the staff had fresh baked cookies and fresh fruit whenever you walked by the front desk. It was a great place to stay.

Room Tip: If a little street noise will bother you, try to request a parking lot side of the building, however...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, March 13, 2012
Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We are glad that you enjoyed our rooms. Our location makes it very easy to get around Tempe, while still providing quiet rooms. We're always happy to help anyone find their way around town. We hope you choose us next time you are in Arizona.

275 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The staff here is wonderful. I was always greeted whether coming in or going out. All were friendly and knowledgeable about the area. housekeeping was always on top of things. I travel a great deal on business and I have always stayed here while in the Phoenix area. I can't think of a better place to stay. It is convenient to the highways with quick access to where I needed to go. I stayed 19 nights this time ( they made accommodations for me to extend my trip when it became necessary and even though the hotel was pretty full all the time I was there). I can't think of a better place. Oh, did I mention the breakfast? Plenty and good. This will continue to be my "go to" hotel of choice in this area.

Jim A.

Room Tip: Ask for an "inside" suite with full kitchen (this would be next to the parking lot and awa...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, March 10, 2012
Thank you for your review! We are pleased that you choose to stay with us every time you visit Tempe. Our location is great for traveling anywhere in the Tempe/Phoenix area. Our breakfast is always complimentary. We hope that you continue to stay with us each time you visit Tempe. Thanks again for choosing Hawthorn Suites.

Huntley, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I spent two evenings in this hotel. Front desk staff was very nice, breakfast was good and plenty. My room was clean and comfortable. Close to the main highways. i would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, March 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your room and breakfast. Make sure to call us in the future to find out about any promotions or deals we may have going on!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I travelled to Arizona for Rock 'n' Roll Marathon. When I arrived, staff was really nice and check-in was super fast. My room was large and clean. I asked the staff to recommend eating places and they were really helpful. I'll be staying at Hawthorn Suites for 2013 Marathon.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
We thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We have many guests stay from the Rock and Roll marathon every year, and we are always thrilled to have them come back. Our front desk staff is always happy to help guests find their way around town. Thank you again for your review!

Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2012

I came to Tempe for a conference and stayed for five nights. I was impressed to be able to get a suite with a kitchenette for under $100 a night. I booked the room online a little over a month in advance.

When I arrived, the staff was friendly, and checkin was very quick and painless. The hotel appeared to be in a decent part of town, and the parking lot is well lit. I was given a room right around the corner from the front desk. I was impressed with the amount of space in the room. It appeared to be clean and well maintained.

The kitchen area consisted of a two burner range, a coffee maker, a microwave, a dishwasher, a sink, and a small refrigerator. I was a little disappointed not to have an oven, but how much real cooking does one do in a hotel? Cookware and dishes were provided in the cabinets. The kitchen area proved to be a great way to save a little on the expense of eating out every night, and there were several grocery stores within a mile of the hotel.

The living room/office area had a fold out couch that would work great for kids. There was an armchair and an office chair to sit in also. The TV in this area was an old style 25 inch with a cable box and VCR attached. The WiFi was perfectly adequate to video chat over Skype and watch online videos.

The suite was divided by the dressing/bathroom area. There was a decent sized closet with an ironing board and iron. The dressing area had a sink and a big mirror. A hair dryer was provided, as well as hand soap, lotion, and tissues. The bathroom was a separate room with a toilet and tub/shower. Shampoo and soap were provided. There was a sign stating that towels would be replaced if left on the floor, but would not be changed out if they were hung back up. This appears to be something that most hotels are doing now.

The bedroom area had a comfortable king sized bed, a dresser, a flat screen TV, a safe (I didn't use it), and an alarm clock. There were nightstands on both sides of the bed, and the air conditioning/heating unit was right under the window (It worked very well). There was an abundance of pillows on the big, comfortable.bed.

The staff wished me a good day every time I left in the morning and gave me a warm hello when I returned. The room was cleaned when I returned and the bed was made. There was a card to set on the bed if you wished to have the sheets changed every day, otherwise they would be changed every other day. A complimentary warm breakfast was provided, and there was always hot coffee and cookies available in the lobby. There were also well stocked vending machines in the coin operated laundry. I never used the fitness center, so I can't report on that.

My only complaints would be that the shampoos, soaps, and lotion weren't always replaced every day, but the front desk was happy to give them to me when I asked for them. There was also something odd about the size of the comforter on the bed. I had to turn it sideways to be able to cover both my feet and shoulders at the same time (according to About.com the measurements equaled to a twin size comforter- 68x86 inches). I was alone, so it wasn't really much of an issue for me.

Overall, I would say that this room was a bargain. I plan to recommend that our company use that hotel every time we travel to the Phoenix area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
We are excited that you took the time to write this review. We pride ourselves in having some of the best valued suites throughout the Phoenix valley. We're very glad that you enjoyed our many amenities in the suite and around the hotel. We are replacing most of the mattresses with Simmons Beauty Rest Pillow Top mattresses. We are constantly making improvements to our hotel. Thank you again for your review.

Corona, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The service was great and the rooms were nice. I'm not from Tempe and don't know my way around the front desk was very helpful in helping me navigate to where i needed to go. The rates are fare and parking is fine. i will be staying there every time i go to Tempe.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
tempehawthorn, General Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are always happy to help tourists find wherever they need to go at the front desk. We're very glad you will be choosing us next time you are coming to Tempe. Be sure to call us and ask about any promotions that may be going on!

Redmond, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

The hotel was clean, the room (actually, a suite) was spacious. Free Wifi, free breakfast and close to the best Mexican food restaurant ever, Manuel's! I will stay here again.

Room Tip: The suite was the same price as a regular room and was very spacious with microwave and fridge. Tra...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
We are grateful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We have many amenities, including free parking, wifi, and complimentary breakfast. We hope you choose us next time you are in town!

Management

Been to Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Tempe? Share your experiences!