“Nice large room, quiet, good A/C, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites

You added Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1651 West Baseline Road at I-10, Tempe, AZ 85283   |
Special Offer
Park'n'Fly
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Dallas, Texas
“Nice large room, quiet, good A/C, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I must have been very lucky, grounds were well kept. My room was large with great lighting, shower was excellent and all was very clean. Bed was fabulous and lots of pillows. It was very quiet where I was on the first floor and I found the staff to be very gracious and friendly. I had a non smoking room and it smelled very clean. I never felt any issue for safety inside or outside. Most people around were families with kids and other types of travelers. The pool was very clean too. Nice flat screen tv on wall adjacent to bed and sitting area. I couldn't think of anything to have made it better. Also its directly across the street from the Outlet mall and lots of great eateries. Breakfast was hot and well cooked. There were all sorts of offerings including eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy, waffles, toast, bagels (which were fresh), fruit with juice coffee and milk. I ate the food in my room because I prefer really cool atmosphere but there were plenty of people eating roof top and also inside. Definitely would stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a room facing interior of building
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 25, 2014
On behalf of my staff, we thank you for your wonderful comments. It is our goal that all guests have a similar experience as you did, and I will share your comments with my staff so that they know that their hard work doesn't go unnoticed. As you saw, our well appointed rooms are very comfortable, and are perfect for solo travelers, or larger families, as you saw when you were here. Our Hot & Healthy Breakfast Buffet is certainly our most utilized and praised of our Free InnSuites Extras, and as you noted, the variety of food we offer has something for everyone. Since your last visit we have installed new decorative bedding in all of our rooms to make them even more inviting. I'm sure that on your next visit you will enjoy your stay even more than the last.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

As I got there I was denied a suite because there weren't any available, which I later found was not true. I was in the lobby when some people asked for a suite with no reservations and with no problem the guy in the front desk gave them a good deal. I was using my laptop at the lobby because it my room the wifi was not working, according to the front desk something was wrong with the antenna....
Right in front of our room at night there was several guys just walking around looking fishy, one of them asked my husband if he wanted to buy drugs, every kind you can think of. We spoke to the front desk and there was no response, we also told some kind of mngr at checkout and he apologized but the damage was done. I had my teenage daughter with us and I felt very unsafe. The mngr could of offered a discount for another day.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Diana, I am very sorry that such a person approached you during your stay. As your reservation was being paid with cash only, we were unable to reserve one of our executive or family suites, as cash only guests are only accepted for our Studio rooms. Credit or debit cards are required for all of our Suites as a company policy. I was not in the office on the morning you checked out, otherwise I assure you the conversation would have been different. Please contact me directly at aschanze@innsuites.com or (480) 897-7900 so that we may discuss your stay. Once again my apologies for the person that approached you.
Yuma, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Ever stay at a hotel and worry your car will be broken into? This is how I felt. People were wandering around when we went to the room. The room was musty and hot. We asked several times for a crib but never got one. There are signs telling you how much items will be charged to your room if not left like towels, alarm clock, etc. Not a place we will return.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
I cannot apologize enough that my staff did not deliver to you a crib per your request. There is no excuse for this oversight, and on behalf of my staff I am truly sorry. We do have a listing in our rooms for prices of items, so that if guests enjoy their stay so much that they would like to purchase these items, we have them available for sale. Items of extreme popularity for purchase are the sheets on our signature Cloud9 bed. Please contact me directly at aschanze@innsuites.com or (480) 897-7900 so that we may discuss your stay.
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

I stayed at this hotel in May 2014 for my birthday and the entire staff of this hotel was more than amazing. I was greeted before I even touched the doors to the hotel. Mariam was at the front desk and was helping guests both on the phone and In front of her but she still stopped and welcomed me with a smile. Saul in maintenance stopped what he was doing and helped me not once but 3 times in less than 10 minutes while I was checking in. The lovely ladies at the cafe welcomed me every single morning with a great big smile and asked how my morning was going. I complimented the front desk manager Curtis on having such a great staff but after speaking with him shortly I could clearly see that he himself was just as great a person as those who worked for him. Just like the old saying "Birds of a feather, flock together." I haven't meet people this kind and friendly in all of Arizona and I've lived here for more than 2 years.
From the ladies and gentlemen at the front desk to the sweet housekeepers, to the funny and witty maintenance team and back to the wonderful folks in the cafe. I want to thank everyone at Hotel Tempe for an amazing stay. God bless you all.

Room Tip: Speak with the sales manager Gerri or the front desk manager Curtis. They are absolutely the friendl...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful comments about your recent stay. I will make sure to recognize the staff members you mention for their efforts. It is our goal that when all guests leave the hotel they share similar sentiments, and I am glad when guests are willing to share their experiences. Our Front Desk and PJ's team members are our most highly praised and complimented, and I am glad that their reputation shone through during your stay. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at aschanze@innsuites.com or 480-897-7900 if there is anything I may help you with in the future.
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I booked this room through Priceline, which perhaps was my first error in judgment (and will be the topic of another review). At the airport, I phoned the hotel to send the shuttle, and the van arrived within the 15 minutes expected, which was great. But that was the only thing positive about the experience. The van was old and ratty and the floor was littered with food wrappers and other debris, but the main feature of this complaint was the driver, who seemed either too disabled to be driving, or on drugs. I was the only passenger aboard, unfortunately. I sat in the middle of the seat behind him. He seemed nice, but it was impossible to understand almost anything he said, and his body jerked around randomly like a friend I have who suffers from Parkinson's. I am sympathetic with the issues of having a disorder like that -- but my friend doesn't drive, and he definitely doesn't drive for a living. No one with motor control issues should be behind the wheel. Perhaps this driver didn't have Parkinson's but was on drugs? Either way, it was a terrifying ordeal as he sped along passing cars quickly, changing lanes frequently, tailgating, and turning around constantly to look and talk to me for far too long. Then halfway through the trip he took a radio call saying he was late to pick someone up back at the airport so he increased his speed even more while twitching and jerking and turning around to talk to me. I was literally shaking when the van finally dropped me off at the hotel entrance. It was an unbelievable experience.

On the good side of the hotel, the desk clerk was terrific, and because I had to leave the next morning before their free breakfast buffet opened, she said I could get a to-go box from the cafe that night, which was helpful.

Another downside is I arrived when it was 102 degrees outside and the room's AC was shut off. It also was broken, I found, so the clerk brought me a new key for another room -- she was a terrific desk clerk. However, the AC was also shut off in that room. This seemed inane, because when they know a guest is arriving, most hotels will make the rooms comfortable, whether needing heating or cooling. The room took a looooonnnggg time to cool down enough to sleep.

Finally, the hotel's airport shuttle service didn't begin until 6 a.m., which is beyond ridiculous. All other hotels that offer shuttles run either 24/7 or their shuttles begin no later than 4:45 a.m. (I have since doublechecked). My flight was at 7 a.m., so a 6 a.m. shuttle wouldn't cut it, so I had to order a taxi, which cost $22 including a $2.50 tip.

While I was financially ticked off about this, I knew that if the same shuttle driver was driving my morning shuttle there is no way I would ride with him again, so in a way it seemed like $22 was cheap to possibly save my life.

What torques me is that I only opted to go with Priceline after filtering their search for "airport shuttle." Well, yeah, they have a shuttle, but it's operated by someone who should not be driving, and its hours are so limited as to be laughable. Phoenix is an international airport, which means planes fly in and out early in the morning. To only offer a shuttle starting at 6 a.m. is a joke. And to offer a shuttle driven in a dangerous fashion should be against the law.

Also, the hotel grounds needed serious sweeping. And for the first 15 minutes I was in my room, several guys stood outside swearing (I can swear with the best of them, but don't want to hear it public) and talking about the police who were there earlier.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
I am sorry that your experience with our shuttle was not up to your expectations. I will speak with my drivers about their behavior, driving and the condition of the shuttle. I do know which driver you speak of, he is rather hyper, but I assure you in the 3 years he has worked for us he is very hard working and has not had any accidents.

I apologize that our airport shuttle hours did not work for your travel plans. We do have our shuttle hours of 6am-10pm specifically posted on that website so guests are aware of the shuttle availability. I apologize that despite this our shuttle hours did not meet your needs.

I am glad to see the the FD & cafe staff provided you the level of service that we pride ourselves on.

Due to similar sentiments recently, we have had our staff leave our AC units at a certain designated temperature instead of completely off. We are now pre-assigning rooms in the morning so we have the AC units ready.

I would like to discuss your reservation in further detail. Please contact me directly at (480) 897-7900 or aschanze@innsuites.com so that we can speak directly.
Rock Hall, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

This hotel is a great value. It's clean & set up like a Pueblo Village with courtyards. They have happy hr. every day with complimentary wine or beer & appetizers. You can upgrade you're drink for a dollar. It's convenient to the airport. Only 15 min away. Everyone is friendly. The breakfast is good. The beds are comfy. They also have a shuttle to the airport. Downtown Phoenix is not that far away.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for your wonderful Comments about your recent stay. As you encountered during your stay here, our Complimentary Social Hour and our Free Hearty Hot & Healthy Breakfast Buffet are our most complimented of our many free amenities. As you stated, we are very conveniently located close to Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport, and a very short drive to Downtown Phoenix. We look forward to your return during your next trip to the Phoenix/Tempe area.
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here. The beds were really comfortable and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast included with our rate was outstanding. I would stay here again and plan on doing that soon.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Adam S, General Manager at Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
On behalf of my staff, thank you for your praise of your recent stay. It is our goal that all guests leave our hotel with similar sentiments, and I am glad to see that our efforts are being noticed. Our guests frequently praise the wonderful quality of our signature Cloud9 Bedding program, and the Hot, Hearty & Healthy breakfast buffet provided free to all of our registered guests. We look forward to your return!

Been to Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!