“Tempe” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #37 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Provo, Utah
“Tempe”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

This was by far, the noisiest hotel I have ever stayed in. People talked loudly outside our room, sirens blared, etc. The hotel is a bit down in the heels, but basically clean. The staff is very friendly.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Tucker
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

Location and price ideal but property should not advertise free wifi or pool. Pool closed due to failed inspection and wifi too congested. Bfast was bare bones and little room to enjoy it. Property and room shabby. Light rail stop right outside. Very disappointed in lack of caring for facilities.

• Stayed March 2014
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

While its convenience to the metro is why we picked it I never would have imagined how rude the hotel staff would be. We checked in early and upon arrival in the room found used crusty toothpicks on the floor and a bad musky smell. Even with the noisy drunk neighbors that night I didn't complain until I was unable to get hot water for a shower. Maintenance was called three times to no avail and upon further complaint to the front desk the woman insinuated that I didn't know what hot water was and that since my neighbors had hot water I must too. Upon check out I called corporate and after investigating they told me that the manager said I was mistaken and wrong. I am pretty sure I know what my goosebumps look like and am confident NO one would have considered our water as hot. I will never go to a Days Inn again if that's how they treat customers.

• Stayed March 2014
Tempe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

This hotel is a mess. Trash and cigarette butts litter the area. The dumpster was overflowing into the parking lot. We booked a two queen bed room, but when the hotel found out that we ended up only needing 1 bed, they put us in a much smaller room at the same price. The room wasn't cleaned well or maintained. There was one open outlet by the sink. Nothing around the bed unless you unplug their clock. The bed is a small queen and the pillows were 1/2 size. The breakfast buffet wasn't diabetic friendly as it was all carbs and high sugars. Nothing sugar free at all. There were also only 3 square tables to eat breakfast at. The pool is permanently closed, but they don't have that on the website. The Free Wifi only seemed to work between 2 AM and 6 AM. After that, webpages wouldn't load and emails wouldn't download unless you turned off the wifi and used your data plan. There was 1 of 2 broken ice makers; room windows with the entire width cracked (staff covered crack with duct tape); light fixtures missing tubes and covers and sun rotted curtains. The rooms had neither drinking glasses (they had two paper cups) nor soft toilet paper (felt and wiped like waxed paper). The toilet had the same mark in it for two days and to drain the sink required you to open the vanity and move the lever down as it was missing the rod. Whenever the maid cleaned it, the dirty towel she wiped it out with always pressed the plug down. Not worth the money at all! Unfortunately, I did not check yelp before booking this hotel. Other family was flying in and already had rooms there. They hated it too. It's a good flop hotel for the college kids to crash in.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Tempe
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Sliding glass door to outside did not lock - had a pole stuck in it and was cracked open - no air conditioner in room. Staff moved us and 2nd room was better (2nd floor) but carpeting was dirty. Smelled musty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

San Francisco, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I went down for Spring Training and had a reservation for this motel. Our room had no hot water so I called the front desk to send someone up. They told me right away. However, we waited for 30 minutes and called again. They told us someone knocked on our door but there was no response. This was a complete lie because we never left our room and didnt even have the TV on in order to hear the knock on the door. This time they told us to let the water run and they would " fix it from down there ". After 15 minutes, we finally had hot water and showered.

The room is very small and the chairs had dark stains on them. The pictures you see online about this motel is not what it looks like when you check in. I have stayed at Days Inn in different cities that were very nice. This Days Inn in Tempe is horrible. We checked out after 3 days and moved to another motel in Scottsdale.

If you need a place to crash for the night and dont care about dirtiness, then this motel is for you. Just make sure the hot water works.

The free breakfast is coffee, orange juice, cereal, pastries in plastic wrappers from Walmart, a waffle maker, and apples. Nothing else. The eating area is in the lobby with only 3 tables. It is small but we didnt care about the size.

In conclusion, stay somewhere else if possible. This is only my honest opinion. Thanks.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Days Inn Tempe? Share your experiences!