“Older front desk lady with pink eye?” 3 of 5 stars

Twin Palms Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   225 E. Apache Blvd., Tempe, AZ 85281   |
Ranked #28 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Boston, Massachusetts
“Older front desk lady with pink eye?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I read the reviews on line about this property and knew it was probably outdated and it could not be all that bad, and the rate was good ( 99.00 ), and it was centrally located in Tempe, so I booked a room.
I was in town to do a biochemistry lecture at ASU and the hotel is located right across the street. Perfect!

I arrived very late and the check in was seemless. Very nice desk clerk. Got to the room and it was ok. Clean and all around fine. The next day I approached the front desk and saw an older, heavy set woman with a really bad case of pink eye and I felt sorry for her ( like: " bless her heart" ).... until she opened her mouth. I asked for a late check out because my lecture was going to last to 12:30pm the next day. She responded " No late check outs! The hotel is too busy!" ... and then walked away.

Next morning I put the do not disturb hanger on my door, went to my lecture, came back about 12:30 and grabbed my luggage out of my room and caught the shuttle to the airport.

She was at the front desk and did not notice me as I left as she was arguing with a guest about internet access.

I did not see any maids on my floor as I was leaving so I guess that the hotel was not THAT busy that they could not allowed me to checkout late.

Hotel was fine, but this lady needs to find another job where she does not have to deal with the public.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

80 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tucson, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was quoted $99 per night with a confirmation number on the phone. The woman who booked my reservation knew there were 2 people be/c we were discussing the fact that my husband and I were coming up for 2 spring training games. I checked in only to see that I was being charged $109 per night. I mentioned this to the desk clerk and she said $109 is the price for 2 people and there is no more discussion. I was tired, it rained pretty hard on the dark drive up...I didn't want to argue.
I have to agree w/ some other people...whatever that perfume is that they are using to stink up the place is foul.
The sheets had a yellow stain on them.
The pool area hadn't been cleaned in who knows how long. There were chairs in the pool.
The room had a balcony but nothing else. Hmmm maybe a chair might be nice.
We asked for directions to a grocery store. Those were given incorrectly. Never did find that store.
I say this place is.....ehhhhhh

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Horrible experience. horrible smell, horrible beds, bedding, bathrooms. had to cancel my stay and find another hotel because it was sooooo bad. never again!!!! In addition, they did leave a note saying their laundry service was out of order and that we would not be getting clean sheets, REALLY, what hotel does this???????

Room Tip: Take the sample one that they show you in the lobby. Nothing like what you really get.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Great location, across from ASU. Rooms have been renovated to bring them to a little higher standard. Room not cleaned real well. Microwave and fridge was nice. Pool. Right next to ihop a plus. The front desk clerk on duty the night we checked in was not fit to interact with the public. She was rude, abrasive, demeaning to everyone who was waiting in the lobby. Her one phrase was " I don't need this". Well we didn't need her attitude. Overall, not a bad place for what it is, but the customer service was horrible.

• Stayed January 2013
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We enjoyed our 2 night stay at the Twin Palms. It was very clean and the receptionest at the desk was very friendly and helpful. Great location -- near ASU and the many triathlon events that they hold in Tempe each year. Bathrooms were a little small. Very quiet hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Tucson
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I thought the Twin Palms was the perfect place to stay to attend any function around ASU or to attend the many triathlon events they the city holds every year. It is clean and desk personnel were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

The hotel was very homie and didn't seem like one of those overpriced professional hotels. The staff was friendly and they always accommodated to my needs. Because the hotel is small and there is not a lot of things going on, you can definitely relax and have a really good nights sleep. And they have a down stairs bar :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Twin Palms Hotel? Share your experiences!