“Please Keep Your Promises” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Tempe

Save Saved
You added Days Inn and Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1660 West Elliot Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly Hotel Tempe)   |
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
Pleasant Grove, Utah
“Please Keep Your Promises”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My wife, grandson and I came to Tempe to attend Major League Baseball Spring Training. We booked with Days Inn because of the good experiences we had had in the past. Our room was first floor with easy access. We had reserved a suite. On our first evening my wife asked for two additional towels because of our grandson's needs. She was refused with no acceptable reason given. I went to the front desk and after two phone calls, to who knows who, was given the towels. The next day we realized that our three year old grandson's socks were filthy as in totally BLACK. We realized it was because of the DIRTY carpets. I went to the front desk and reported our concerns. We were PROMISED that the carpets would be cleaned the next day and got instructions on how to prepare our room and that we should plan to be out of our room from 9:00 AM until 6:00 PM. We complied. When we returned, the carpets had not been touched. Again, I went to the front desk and was told the maintenance staff that cleans carpets did not work that day. Once again we were promised that the carpets would be cleaned the next day. Returning at the end of the second day, still no carpet cleaning. I was then told that they would not clean the carpets until we left the room. We could move to a second floor room but that was not an option because a surgery that I had just had on my knee. The desk help then told me that the manager was in Flagstaff for the week and they can not do anything for me. I asked that my room rate be reduced and was PROMISED at least a 10% reduction but only after the manager returned. I got the manager's name and phone number. I have called 6 times, over the past three months, I have never reached the manager and have NEVER received a return call from the manager. I never received any reduction on my room rate.

We ended up putting a bed spread on the floor for my grandson to play on and bought new socks, from the nearby Walmart, as his socks could not be cleaned.

The front desk staff were always courteous but seemed to have no authority to solve a problem as simple as providing extra towels. FOLKS DON'T STAY HERE UNTIL THEY REPLACE THIS MANAGER!!!

Corporate, you need to do something about this situation. I believe you have lost a long-time guest.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Heather C, General Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tempe, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
My name is Heather Clark, and I am the new General Manager here at Days Inn and Suites Tempe. I don't know if you remember me but I was actually working front desk when you stayed here. I am so very sorry that this has still not been fixed. I just posted a refund equivalent to one nights stay and you should be receiving your refund from Expedia in 5-7 business days. I would love to speak with you more on this issue but, I do not have your contact information. Please give me a call anytime at 480-345-8585. We truly do care about your satisfaction with Days Inn and I hope that you will give us a chance in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Chambers
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

For IKEA buyers (out of the town), this hotel have excellent location (2 min), very good breakfast, swimming pool and rooms. Close to Costo, Walmart, IKEA, Arizona Mills, etc.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Thank you for staying with us!

Been to Days Inn and Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn and Suites Tempe

Address: 1660 West Elliot Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly Hotel Tempe)
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Tempe
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #29 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn and Suites Tempe 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Wyndham, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites Tempe Hotel Tempe
Tempe Country Inn
Country Inn Tempe

If you own or manage Days Inn and Suites Tempe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.