“Comfortable” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Tempe

Save Saved
You added Days Inn and Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1660 West Elliot Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly Hotel Tempe)   |
Ranked #31 of 46 hotels in Tempe

213 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Sun City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Stayed here 4 times now and every time I visit its been 100% satisfactory. I highly reccomend it to anyone traveling seeking a less expensive hotel while still having a great stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Naura J, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tempe, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Matthew,
Thank you for your heart melting feedback! We are all happy to hear that you enjoy your stay every time you choose our hotel, Days Inn & Suites. Travel Travel safe! -Gabriela M.
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have stayed here several times in the last year without incident. This last experience was the absolute worst. It seems that the ownership has changed, or drastically decided not to maintain the property any more. I sometimes spend 3-4 days here, but not again at this property:

We arrived late on Saturday evening after a day of driving. and visiting family. The TV in the bedroom was fuzzy, so we dispensed with watching the local news and just went to sleep. Trying to use the hair dryer in the morning, I discovered it didn't work. We then went down to the dining room at 9:20, to find that half of the food had already been cleared away. Several other guests also asked why this was happening and we were told that this property "does not serve breakfast after 9:30 on ANY day". I immediately went to the front desk with my hair dripping wet to complain about the lack of breakfast, the fuzzy TV AND the broken hair dryer and the clerk asked me if I called anyone at the front desk about it to report it. I told him that I was personally reporting it now, and that I was too tired to call someone to fix my fuzzy TV at 11:00 at night. He said that I was supposed to call the front desk immediately. Like they were going to ignore it because I was reporting it in person? He didn't seem to notice that my hair was wet and insisted that I "Call the front desk to report it". WHAT?? I felt like I was in Hotel Hell. He told me that he would "send someone up with a hair dryer in a few minutes". No one ever showed up and we left after 30 minutes of waiting.

The statement about not serving breakfast after 9:30 was a lie, because I've stayed here before, and made waffles at 10:00 in their dining room on weekends. Even McDonald's serves breakfast on weekends until 10:30, why not THIS hotel? We went next door to Wendy's and had great croissants & coffee,and found other guests there from the hotel who were enduring the same experience.

On this visit, I also noticed that neither pool was clear, having extremely cloudy water, indicating more neglect. As a pool owner, I know it takes very little to maintain a clean, sparkling pool, if filters are run consistently and chemicals are balanced. This property was doing neither, bringing into question additional sanitation issues of the facility.

Sadly, this property is now OFF my hotel list. I will miss the other intelligent staff and maintenance man, in addition to the friendly, hard-working girls in the kitchen. On another weekend that I stayed, 2 of the girls were out and the maintenance man had to do breakfast for all of us by himself assisted by the desk clerk. They did an admirable job, and we DID have breakfast service until 10:30.

Shame on this franchise for failing to keep up with its competitors. It marks their demise as a great place to stay, and will affect the reputation of the Days Inn brand as well. Really too bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Days Inn and Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn and Suites Tempe

Address: 1660 West Elliot Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly Hotel Tempe)
Location: United States > Arizona > Central Arizona > Tempe
Business Center with Internet Access Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #31 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Days Inn and Suites Tempe 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Wyndham, Tingo, HotelsClick, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Days Inn and Suites Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn And Suites Tempe Hotel Tempe
Tempe Country Inn
Country Inn Tempe

If you own or manage Days Inn and Suites Tempe, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.