“Horrendous Night!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Tempe

You added Days Inn and Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1660 West Elliot Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly Hotel Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #35 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Los Angeles, California
“Horrendous Night!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Have stayed here several times in the last year without incident. This last experience was the absolute worst. It seems that the ownership has changed, or drastically decided not to maintain the property any more. I sometimes spend 3-4 days here, but not again at this property:

We arrived late on Saturday evening after a day of driving. and visiting family. The TV in the bedroom was fuzzy, so we dispensed with watching the local news and just went to sleep. Trying to use the hair dryer in the morning, I discovered it didn't work. We then went down to the dining room at 9:20, to find that half of the food had already been cleared away. Several other guests also asked why this was happening and we were told that this property "does not serve breakfast after 9:30 on ANY day". I immediately went to the front desk with my hair dripping wet to complain about the lack of breakfast, the fuzzy TV AND the broken hair dryer and the clerk asked me if I called anyone at the front desk about it to report it. I told him that I was personally reporting it now, and that I was too tired to call someone to fix my fuzzy TV at 11:00 at night. He said that I was supposed to call the front desk immediately. Like they were going to ignore it because I was reporting it in person? He didn't seem to notice that my hair was wet and insisted that I "Call the front desk to report it". WHAT?? I felt like I was in Hotel Hell. He told me that he would "send someone up with a hair dryer in a few minutes". No one ever showed up and we left after 30 minutes of waiting.

The statement about not serving breakfast after 9:30 was a lie, because I've stayed here before, and made waffles at 10:00 in their dining room on weekends. Even McDonald's serves breakfast on weekends until 10:30, why not THIS hotel? We went next door to Wendy's and had great croissants & coffee,and found other guests there from the hotel who were enduring the same experience.

On this visit, I also noticed that neither pool was clear, having extremely cloudy water, indicating more neglect. As a pool owner, I know it takes very little to maintain a clean, sparkling pool, if filters are run consistently and chemicals are balanced. This property was doing neither, bringing into question additional sanitation issues of the facility.

Sadly, this property is now OFF my hotel list. I will miss the other intelligent staff and maintenance man, in addition to the friendly, hard-working girls in the kitchen. On another weekend that I stayed, 2 of the girls were out and the maintenance man had to do breakfast for all of us by himself assisted by the desk clerk. They did an admirable job, and we DID have breakfast service until 10:30.

Shame on this franchise for failing to keep up with its competitors. It marks their demise as a great place to stay, and will affect the reputation of the Days Inn brand as well. Really too bad.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
El Paso
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel had pretty much everything we wanted. It was very clean, caring staff & free hot breakfast

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Naura J, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn and Suites Tempe, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
It's our pleasure to provide great service while visiting the Days Inn & Suites Tempe. We are happy you enjoyed the free breakfast. Thank you and enjoy your summer, Gabby!
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I hesitate to review this one...I really don't want to 'let the cat out of the bag'. This is a TERRIFIC hotel. The staff and manager, Scott W. are great. I have 4 comfortable suites here for a couple of weeks. There are two pools and a fountain in the pool area. For breakfast the hotel features a Hot Bar w/ scrambled eggs, sausage, and waffles along with the usual fare.

The beds are sleep-able; however, I think a change of pillows would be the icing on the cake!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We're glad you enjoyed our hotel and Scott's hospitality. We really look forward to see you again. Travel Safe, Gabby!
SoCal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is definitely a budget place and met our expectations. We stayed for 3 nights and our room was clean and a good, safe place to sleep. The girl at the front desk who checked us in was not the friendliest, but she wasn't rude. The breakfast buffet was pretty good but I wish it would have opened a bit earlier. It opens at 6:30 and they are still bringing stuff out at that time. The is a waffle iron, scrambled eggs, pastries and cereal. The first morning there was also sausage, but not on the second day (didn't eat there on the 3rd). The pool area looked very nice, but we didn't use it. We were on the first floor, just a few doors past the ice machine. Our room was quiet, but every time we got ice, I was thankful that we werern't in one of the rooms closer to the machine. Overall a good place to stay if you're not picky about high end accomodations. We were just looking for a place to sleep and it fit the bill.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn and Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!