“Clean, Convenient with plenty of cookies!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn and Suites Tempe

You added Days Inn and Suites Tempe to your Saves list
Days Inn and Suites Tempe
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1660 West Elliot Road, Tempe, AZ 85283 (Formerly Hotel Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 25% Summer Sale
Ranked #35 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
FLAGSTAFF
“Clean, Convenient with plenty of cookies!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2011

I visited Tempe from Flagstaff to watch my niece play softball for Oregon State against ASU. I got a good deal on the room rate through Expedia--$49/night plus tax. The room was clean and comfortable with microwave and mini-fridge. The hotel breakfast was make your own waffles (with fresh strawberries), yogurt, cereal and sausage, cheese and egg biscuit. Coffee was great!! Also the hotel bakes it's own chocolate chip cookies, which are available in the lobby (I ate too many). Restaurants, Starbucks and shopping within walking distance and right off the exit from I-10. The staff was very courteous and helpful with directions. I will stay there again next spring, gladly.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Miami Beach, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

For the price, we could have stayed at a cleaner, newer hotel. We will not be going back. The staff was friendly, the pool was nice. The breakfast was decent, but only offered 1 fruit. For five days (and we talked about leaving many times) there was only strawberries or sliced honeydew in water. No apples, bannas or other fruit being offered. The milk for the cereal is whole milk, which is fine if you have a toddler, but most adults and children drink or should be drinking 2%. The yogurt was good, the waffles are good, but it's mostly a heavy carb breakfast. The carpet in our room was very disgusting, I made the kids sit on towels when sitting on the floor to eat something and they couldn't take their shoes off exept to climb into bed, which we put the bed cover in the closet right away. The mini fridge and microwave were very helpful. The sheets were threadbare and in real need of replacing as well as the very scratchy towels. The location was good, easy access to the highway. If you definitely need two very small rooms, then it might be worth it, just don't touch the carpet and bring sanitzer wipes. You can walk to a Wendy's or Applebee's and Super Wal-Mart is just a couple of blocks down the street.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Lakewood, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We booked this hotel last minute when other lodging plans for spring training fell through, so we had no idea what to expect when we arrived. The hotel was easy to find, even at night for people who have never been to Arizona before. It's also walking distance from a plethora of restaurants. The lady working the front desk who checked us in was great! She was incredibly helpful and very nice.

We had a room with 2 queen beds. The sleeping area with the beds isn't overly spacious but it had its own flat screen TV. The work area, mini-fridge, bathroom and additional flat screen TV were all in a separate "room" that could be closed off from the sleeping area by a door, perfect for anyone who is a night owl like me but doesn't want to keep everyone else up. The room had free wi-fi and it worked really well. The bed was very comfortable and the atmosphere very quiet, we all slept well.

The only criticism I could make of the room was a very mild one, that it appeared our room was undergoing some sort of refurbishment in the bathroom and closet. The biggest eyesore was the the old closet doors had been left in the corner of the room. But honestly, we hardly noticed it and it didn't inconvenience us as guests in any way. Bathroom was clean too, it just looked like the tub stopper had seen better days. Only an issue if you plan on taking a bath, I guess.

The complimentary breakfast in the morning was pretty standard- oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, bagels, waffles, eggs, coffee and juice- but everything we ate was very good and the hot food items were still hot even though we came in towards the end of breakfast.

The hotel was sold out already for the second night of our stay, otherwise we would have gladly spent another night there. It's not an over the top luxury hotel, it's pretty standard as to what it offers, but if you're just interested in an affordable, clean, comfortable place to sleep with a friendly staff, I'd check out the Hotel Tempe.

It also was a great spot for Spring Training. We went to see the Dodgers, and Camelback Ranch was a short, easy drive from the hotel, about 20 minutes. The hotel is also close to most of the other complexes for the Cactus League teams.

• Stayed March 2011
Estes Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2011

You walk into the lobby & you smell fresh baked cookies. The cookies are for the guests! The entire staff is friendly and professional. The room was clean & had everything we needed. Complimentary WiFi & breakfast (fresh waffle you pour yourself) along with ready to eat items & 24/7 coffee. The room included work desk, ergonomic chair, coffee maker, hair dryer and iron/ironing board.
We like to bring our own snacks & drinks. The in room fridge & microwave are in an alcove. Restaurants nearby, highway nearby. It was quite relaxing to sit pool side & use the WiFi. We enjoyed the Botanical Gardens nearby. http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=83345&id=1660443547&l=71764b82bf
pool video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoKtty6FCzU

• Stayed November 2010
Aliso Viejo, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

I travel a lot - 6-8 months a year spent in hotels - and usually at Marriott, Sheraton, Hilton brand hotels, so I'm kind of spoiled. This is definitely a no-frills hotel, but the location was great for working in the area and visiting friends. Great value on the room, plus breakfast, coffee all day, free parking, and free internet. I read the other reviews and while I agree the room needs to be updated, everything was clean and in working order in my room.

Front desk, housekeeping, and breakfast staff were very friendly.

Parking was great as I had driven from California and could park my car right outside my room for easy access.

Also, laundry services were great! I travel a lot and I love when I can do a week's worth of laundry before I get home - one less thing to worry about when I return.

Overall, I was really happy here and would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2010

I LOVE this place! The most incredible value by far. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with nice amenities (fridge, homey bathrooms, microwave.) I've paid almost four times as much for this and not gotten any of this. Nice touches everywhere that I haven't seen elsewhere. They could easily charge double with no complaints. Location is fantastic...right of freeway, yet away from industrial hustle and bustle of streets littered with motels. Hotel Tempe seems to be more in a suburban area, so you get the convenience of living like a local - everything you could need is a 5 minute drive away (trust me, I tested it.)

Friendly, accommodating staff too.

Only area of improvement, which I don't know they could change, is the elevator. It runs perfect, just faces west so it gets the brunt of the Arizona heat and can get suffocating almost (it's made out of glass.) Not their fault at all. The property is only three stories high, so your time in it is negligible. But, this is how awesome this property is otherwise....the ONLY thing I could possibly think of.

If you're staying in the Phoenix area, stay HERE!! Even if 8mm staying at the other side of town I am calling this place home. I'm kinda sad to leave, actually. Being on the road the past three weeks, when a place feels this comfortable it's kind of hard to leave.

=)

• Stayed August 2010
Rockford
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2010

Checked in Friday night. Chair is room had big, smelly stain. Looked like someone had an accident. Requested the chair be removed. No luck. Saturday, Out of most everything on breakfast bar. Front desk was also doing refills on breakfast. Asked for chair to be replaced. Arrived back at 7PM. Chair still there. No coffee left or cups. Maid only emptied trash. Front desk couldn't find maintenance until I requested his name and the manager's name.
This place is filthy. It is poorly run. Internet connection was very slow and kept disconnecting. Will not stay here again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tempe
BEST WESTERN PLUS Tempe by the Mall
Ramada Inn Tempe at Arizona Mills Mall
Rodeway Inn Near AZ State University
Hotel Tempe/Phoenix Airport InnSuites Hotel & Suites
BEST WESTERN Inn of Tempe
Red Lion Inn & Suites Tempe

Been to Days Inn and Suites Tempe? Share your experiences!