“New, clean, decent short term business stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tempe

Save Saved
You added Aloft Tempe to your Saves list
Aloft Tempe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   951 East Playa Del Norte Drive, (Opens April 1, 2009), Tempe, AZ 85281   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #16 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Ohio, USA
“New, clean, decent short term business stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

I stayed here a couple nights while on business in Tempe.

Pros: new, clean, and updated. Fun decor, decent in room amenities (bottled water, Bliss bathroom products). Cozy and retro. Fun bar with a pool table. Nice outdoor pool. Small gym. Internet was fast/free.

Cons: no restaurant on site, not close to a decent restaurant for walking. Across the street from an in/out burger, Pancheros (was good!), jersey mikes subs, starbucks and a yogurt place. Breakfast was not included in the stay, just bought some cheap grab and go. Sort of a downer when most places offer hot/free.

I'd definitely stay again. Though next trip I might check out a couple other hotels in the area to compare.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2011

I stayed here off and on with my husband who was in Phoenix for work. The staff is welcoming, incredibly helpful, and treat you like family. Jamie took exceptional care of us!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

Have stayed on business trips multiple times - the staff is attentive, the rooms very clean and the beds extremely comfortable.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Long Beach, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2011

I was en route to a doo wop show in Mesa and had no idea where to stay. One friend told me to stay in Mesa and another was waxing rhapsodic about the Starwood hotel brand, so I chose the Aloft as a decently economical choice. I can best describe the hotel as austere hip. It's the apparent anchor of one of those strip malls that has a nail salon, a fast food place and (thank God) a Starbucks--not that I needed it and, despite a few reviews to the contrary, I could not hear the speaker voice at the fast food place. Everything's loft and module, from the lobby in which the XYZ Bar was sitting at the wall (great wine list) to the "coffee shop," which wasn't one but rather a Horn & Hardart (gad, that dates me) type of vending wall where you could get food (I opted for a breakfast place in Scottsdale). The "front desk" is located at one of those bank table-type--again, modules. The staff was accommodating when I was there--equally young and hip, with the feeling that they're laughing up their sleeve at whatever you're wearing. No big deal--when I couldn't find the iron (everything's located in little hidey-holes around the room--there was a space behind the bed that had the iron on a shelf). The bed was comfy, the shower was great, and most of all , it was clean and quiet. If you're easily amused or stoned, the floor of the elevator consists of panels with some liquid under them, and you can move your feet around and watch the pretty bubbles and patterns, The only problem I had was at checkout, when they seemed to charge me twice for one glass of wine (they may have thought that I was too drunk to remember having ordered a second glass). We straightented it out. If you don't mind being in the middle of nowhere--not a bad area--just nowhere--it's great. Bring your car--Mesa's around 5 minutes away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Santa Monica, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2010

Based on the reviews on this site, I stayed here for one night. Mistake! Only time TripAdvisor reviewers have ever led me astray in five years.
I've seen this "hotel" from the freeway and thought, you know, it looks pretty good. I'm a Starwood member and decided I should check out the aloft brand as the price was very reasonable. I was very, VERY disappointed. Though it is newly built, they totally cheaped out on the A/C (a loud wall unit that keeps shutting down and turning back on) and sound insulation (not nearly enough). It's on the extremely busy 202 loop (both sides of the hotel face it) and directly under the flight path to Sky Harbor Airport. Every flight in the morning woke me up. If I didn't have a lot of generic Ambien on hand, I would not have slept at all.
The room is configured well if you like to stay in bed and watch TV. Otherwise, it's just a big bed with a desk and chair. I liked the style overall, but it's only a year old, feels older and you can see it was done on a tight, tight budget.
For the price I paid, I'd recommend it if I could have gotten better sleep. I didn't so I can't.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2010

Great location if you need to be near the airport or Arizona State. Plenty of shopping and restaurants nearby. We were finishing off a "staycation." Room we stayed in was very nice, had everything one might need for a quick stay or for several days.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

This hotel was more than any of us could have anticipated! It was just so beautiful and clean. You can tell it's a new hotel because it's very modern and has a very cool style. The pool was really nice ands there is a lot of places to sit outside and just relax.

They don't have complimentry breakfast but you can buy snacks and stuff in the lobby. The rooms were extremly well kept and the beds were comfortable.

Basically we loved it!!! It was close to everything we wanted to do and for 5 girls traveling together we felt very safe!

Stay at this hotel, you will not regret it.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Aloft Tempe? Share your experiences!