“Request rooms with inside/pool view” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tempe

Save Saved
You added Aloft Tempe to your Saves list
Aloft Tempe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   951 East Playa Del Norte Drive, (Opens April 1, 2009), Tempe, AZ 85281   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #15 of 46 hotels in Tempe
Central Coast of CA
“Request rooms with inside/pool view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Quiet if an interior view room. nice lobby with bar. free coffee in the morning but not a free breakfast. Rates seem to fluctuate a lot between $100-$200 so look for deals. We were here for the Arizona Ironman and the hotel was very accommodating. Room 230/232/234 are interior pool view. There are no balconies. One thing I did not like was there is no ability to open a window.

• Stayed November 2012

145 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

Really liked this brand of hotels, modern, good for my business trip and the staff was extremely accommodating and nice.
This is a new brand of hotels that is LEED, meaning that the building was built enviromentally friendly.
The rooms are not oversized but has a really modern and great layout. A great tv, nice relaxing lighting, great Bliss toiletries and even good coffee in the room.
There is also a great 24hr snack area for food on the go as well as a made to order to go breakfast area instead of the traditional sit down restaurant. Very loungey feel to the lobby with cool furniture and bar.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mountain Lakes, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I flew into Phoenix to entertain clients at the recent 49'ers vs. Cardinals football game. Originally scheduled as an overnight, I ended up staying 3 nights due to Superstorm Sandy. I'm a frequent SPG/W Hotel guest, but this was my first time at their funkier/lower cost "Aloft" brand. The Tempe desk personnel (i.e., both day and night shifts) were very helpful. The rooms were decent sized with good Internet/TV access. I didn't get a chance to swim in the pool but it looked nice. The gym was basic but functional. The hotel is situated right next to In & Out Burger--for those with late night snack urges. The hotel itself has a self-service canteen style area to get basic drinks & food. Overall, a very pleasant stay. I will consider adding the Aloft brand to future visits as they have 60+ national/international venues.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

While my boyfriend and I only stayed here one night, both of us really enjoyed our stay. From the comfortable bed and big TV to the roomy shower, complimentary waters and stylish decor, this hotel is a place I would gladly stay again. I actually wish I had reason to stay longer because I didn't get to try out their bar, which looked very cool. The staff was also very friendly, and the hotel is conveniently located near an In n' out, Starbucks and other eateries. If you're looking for a comfortable stay in a chic hotel, Aloft is a great choice!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Cleburne, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

I have stayed at the Aloft Tempe 5 weeks in a row for business and cannot see myself staying anywhere else while I am in the area. There are plenty of hotels closer to where I am working, but I am willing to drive a little extra for the comfort and professionalism that this hotel provides. Kelsey and Leighta are absolute delights to deal with. Every evening when I get back from work, if Kelsey is working, she is always asking about my day. When she is there when I check-in, she is always very nice and welcoming me back. In the mornings when I leave to head to work, Leighta is there with a smile and a warm "Have a nice day", along with some teasing about me being up too early. Everyone that I have run across at this property has been professional and courteous, but these two REALLY stand out.

Leesburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I booked into the Aloft after checking out of another hotel where I had a bad experience with a smoky smelling room. My room was standard Aloft quality, very clean and smoke free. Other reviews commented on the uncomfortable pillows and airport noise. The hotel is only miles from the airport, which I saw as a convenience since I had an early flight out. While the hotel is in the flight path to PHX, the noise didn't really bother me. I do agree with other reviewers that the pillows are NOT comfortable. I like the opportunity to make cafe purchases in the lobby and the XYZ bar is always a favorite gathering space, although there were two featured drinks on the menu that the bartender did not have the alcohol to make. The pool is nice and the fitness area is adequate. I had no problem getting the machine of my choice. For a low-cost business option and a good location (easy access to the 202 Loop), I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, otherwise your view will be of the 202 loop.
Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just had the great fortune of choosing Aloft on a business stay in AZ. I will say that I was greatly impressed with the service and the attitude of the entire staff. They handled everything very well and I never felt like "just another number". I will definately recommend it to everyone! The rooms are great along with the location as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Tempe? Share your experiences!