“Business Trip” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aloft Tempe

You added Aloft Tempe to your Saves list
Aloft Tempe
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   951 East Playa Del Norte Drive, (Opens April 1, 2009), Tempe, AZ 85281   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #24 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Leesburg, Virginia
“Business Trip”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I booked into the Aloft after checking out of another hotel where I had a bad experience with a smoky smelling room. My room was standard Aloft quality, very clean and smoke free. Other reviews commented on the uncomfortable pillows and airport noise. The hotel is only miles from the airport, which I saw as a convenience since I had an early flight out. While the hotel is in the flight path to PHX, the noise didn't really bother me. I do agree with other reviewers that the pillows are NOT comfortable. I like the opportunity to make cafe purchases in the lobby and the XYZ bar is always a favorite gathering space, although there were two featured drinks on the menu that the bartender did not have the alcohol to make. The pool is nice and the fitness area is adequate. I had no problem getting the machine of my choice. For a low-cost business option and a good location (easy access to the 202 Loop), I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the pool, otherwise your view will be of the 202 loop.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Spearfish, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I just had the great fortune of choosing Aloft on a business stay in AZ. I will say that I was greatly impressed with the service and the attitude of the entire staff. They handled everything very well and I never felt like "just another number". I will definately recommend it to everyone! The rooms are great along with the location as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I have stayed at the ALoft twice now for business.
I love the place.
Jaime at the front desk always so sweet to me.
He is so friendly and welcoming.
Actually the whole staff is like that.
I also love how they are an LEED hotel.
I specifically picked them because of this fact.
It makes me feel good that I am staying in a hotel that actually cares about the environment, cares if they use too much water (in a desert) and the employees care about me.

I recommend this to all the business travelers who have to stay in Phoenix on business. This is one of our approved vendor hotels and I am super glad it is!

Room Tip: I would stay on the pool side of the hotel. It is a tad more quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Though I have stayed a Alofts in other cities, this was my first stay in Tempe and I was not disappointed. It was probably the nicest at which I've stayed to date. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful from the second we check-in. The breakfast options prepared by the chef were very good - excellent breakfast burrito. There is fast foot right out the front door, including a Jersey Mike's, a Starbucks, and, more importantly, an In-N-Out Burger.

It is only a very short drive to the Arizona State campus and Mill Avenue where you can find many additional restaurant and bar options.

Only complaint was my A/C seemed to struggle to get my room cold enough (410).

I would definitely recommend the property to those needing a nice option in Tempe and like a more modern "trendy" stay at a reasonable price.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
san ramon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

The hotel lobby and rooms are spacious and have a open feeling. Technology is definitely there! Staff is friendly. The music was a bit loud in the reception/lobby area for my taste but probably not for the younger generation. Convenient location to ASU-Tempe Campus; however, I do believe the hotel is situated near the Phoenix Airport flight path. Across the courtyard from In & Out Burgers and Yogurtland.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am a SPG Member (Starwood Preferred Guest) and staying at an ALoft is a treat. If you like the W Hotels, you will like an ALoft property.

My highlights during my stay:
- Great location near dining, shopping, and nightlife
- Rooms are very clean and cool
- Staff is friendly and hip
- Free WiFi
- Mediocre gym

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012

This place is pretty cool! Very welcoming atmosphere with the friendly staff and club music playing through out the building (except in your room of course) . Check in is fast. Nice looking pool. The room was very nice too. also very trendy, nice bathroom sink and shower and lots of mirrors. the beds and pillows are soft, nice size lcd tv with a byod box to plug your devices to the tv. Its also very quiet so having a nights sleep isn't a issue. The only thing i had a issue with was the AC, you pretty much have no control of it, but it keeps the room cool, also fyi, there's no ice maker/vending machine at your selected floor, you have to ask for ice at the desk. Your close the Tempe mall (off the loop 202) and the university, and everything else. Always a blast to come back to Tempe,AZ for business reasons and a nice hotel too. Thanks again.

Room Tip: Bring your own internet wifi card. (due to a privacy concern with me entering my first/last last nam...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Aloft Tempe? Share your experiences!