“Nice hotel with friendly and accomodating staff.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #28 of 48 Hotels in Tempe
Boise
“Nice hotel with friendly and accomodating staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2010

We had a great time visiting your hotel. The staff was friendly and accomodating. The rooms were clean and very nice.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
neilric, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tempe, responded to this review, April 10, 2010
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to learn you found the staff friendly, the guestrooms clean and had a great time overall.

I appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Four Points by Sheraton Tempe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Camarillo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2009

I have stayed at hotels around the world, good and bad, for more than 50 years. But I have to say, even after some reflection, that the Four Points by Sheraton in Tempe, Arizona, may be the worst hotel experience I have ever experienced.
One of the primary inducements of the hotel was its complimentary hotel shuttle. I called the hotel just before our flight left for Phoenix to confirm this service. Assured the shuttle would be there, we were told on arrival that the shuttle wait would be "over an hour" for the five minute drive. We wound up paying $20 for a taxi.
The hotel lobby was filled with screaming 10 year olds running wild and comandeering the hotel internet terminals.When we arrived at the room, the door was jammed and would not open. Finally, after extreme forced shoving, it opened. We left the room for a few minutes but this time could not get back into the room at all, the door jammed shut.
I went down to the lobby where the only clerk told me to wait while he checked in a couple. With the screaming 10 year olds continuing to run rampant, another couple arrived and the clerk told me to wait longer. A third couple arrived to check in and the clerk told me to wait again. Finally, after about 15 minutes of being locked out of our room at 11:30 at night and waiting to get attention, the clerk asked the shuttle driver to help (no wonder he was MIA at the airport), which driver acknowledged that our door was one of two known to be defective.
I requested a wake-up call at 8:00 a.m. which never came. it would have been more difficult for a pre-dawn traveler as the room lamp/ power source was non-functional. The last final touch was the "free" breakfast, which in actuality has a price list in case you actually want to eat something.
So, if you are interested in candor, service, functionality or quiet, this is not the place to go. But, if all you care about is location to the ASU campus, this is the next best thing to the dormitory itself. In fact, other than the tariff, I thought it was the dormitory.

• Stayed December 2009
Thank you for your this constructive feedback. There is no excuse for the service you received. Since your stay I have increased staffing levels to ensure airport shuttles are prompt, front desk lines are non existent and problems such as faulty door locks are quickly corrected.

Thank you again for your feedback. I hope in the future to show you with our actions how we have improved.

Longview, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

We recently stayed for 5 days. The room itself was nice and clean but the hallway and elevator carpet were dirty. We started on the 4th floor as Starwood preferred guests but had to move down to the 1st floor because of a problem with the heater/ ac unit. It made us laugh to see the rooms were identical so I am not sure of the advantage of being a preferred guest here. I found the bathroom very off putting. No place to hang a towel or wash cloth except this funky bar under the sink which holds the bath mat. The pipe looking water faucet splashes all over if you want hot water. Good breakfast bar and wonderful staff. I would recommend staying here because if is affordable and the staff is very nice but they really need to rethink those bathrooms. No drawers for clothing either...just shelves in an armoire like thing.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to learn you found the staff nice, the hotel affordable and enjoyed the breakfast.

I also appreciate your feedback about the carpet. Since your stay this cleaning service has been brought in-house to ensure it receives prompt attention.

In regards to the Starwood Preferred Guest (SPG) floor rooms: although the room layout is very similar, the SPG floor is made unique through the use simple, luxuries such as upgraded linens, upgraded amenities and location on the highest, quietest floor of the hotel.

Thank you again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

I stayed at this Sheraton Four Points for three nights in connection with a conference I was helping to organize. My room rate was $129/night. This is what we normally pay for a really nice conference hotel, so I was disappointed as soon as I walked in the door to see that the Sheraton Four Points is nothing more than a Holiday Inn with a little surface redecoration. I was like, "You have GOT to be kidding me!"

I knew we were in trouble when we were assigned the room directly across from the first-floor elevator--sandwiched between the elevator and the pool patio. If anyone tries to give you this room, run away screaming: it is as noisy as the day is long. At 2:40 in the morning there were loud college kids (sports teams playing ASU stay here) wishing each other a good evening, LOUDLY. And there were loud people on the patio all day and night.

The breakfast was scanty and unsatisfying; there are much better breakfasts, with FREE hot food, to be had at any Holiday Inn Express.

Most concerning to me was the front-desk staff. The staff responsible for helping organize conference-related things is in a back office, and the front-desk staff was very unresponsive in terms of calling those people to the front when they were needed--no matter how urgent it was. At one point one of the front-desk people rudely warned me that I had better be sure and return their scotch-tape dispenser--as though it was my intention to rip them off.

The conference rooms themselves were fine, although they were unevenly heated and cooled. There is free wi-fi throughout the main portion of the hotel although not in the outbuilding where two of the rooms were located. There are two computers and a printer in the main lobby of the hotel, that were constantly in use. And the fitness center in the hotel is nicely appointed.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your visit. There is no excuse for unresponsive staff. I assure you the necessary changes have been made since your stay to ensure prompt and attentive service.

Further, I apologize your room on the first floor near an elevator was noisy. Our team is currently installing additional sound proofing to prevent this from happening again in the future.

In regards to the renovation, I am sorry you were displeased with some of the brand’s design choices. Although the style may not have appealed to you, I assure you the renovation was comprehensive and provides Starwood Hotel’s newest generation of Four Points’ furniture and fixtures.

Again, thank you for your valuable feedback. I apologize again for the lack luster service you received and look forward to an opportunity to show you through our actions that this has been corrected.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2009

We had a great stay here at the Four Points by Sheraton. It was our first time and I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I was pleased to learn this was your first time here and that you can't wait to return.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2009

Hotel staff was very nice and prompt. The Hotel looks like it was just completely re-done. Clean, quite and wonderful price too... We really enjoyed out stay!!! I would definitely recommend you give it a try… 

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
neilric, Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tempe, responded to this review, April 12, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed the renovation and found our staff nice.

Also, thank you for offering to recommend the hotel to others. We appreciate the referrals and look forward to welcoming you back to Tempe and the Four Points by Sheraton Tempe soon.

devats
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2009

Hotel staff were courteous and very helpful. Entire hotel is brand new and very well done. Upscale for Four Points and amazing price for the value. Modern feel, all the amenities you would want.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. I was pleased to learn you found the hotel modern and the staff courteous and helpful, all at a great value.

As far as the Four Points Tempe looking upscale for a Four Points, our recent renovation provided the hotel with the newest generation of Starwood Hotel's furniture and fixtures for this brand. Although we were one of the first to convert I am confident you will see many more great looking Four Points soon.

Four Points by Sheraton Tempe

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tempe? Share your experiences!