“Great overall ” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel 1333

You added Hotel 1333 to your Saves list
Hotel 1333
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1333 Rural Rd, Tempe, AZ 85281 (Formerly Four Points by Sheraton Tempe)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #32 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Edmonton, Alberta
“Great overall ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We chose this hotel based upon its proximity to the ASU campus and the reviews found online.

Upon arrival at the airport a quick phone call to the hotel is all it took to have the free shuttle pick us up and take us ti the hotel. The shuttle driver was friendly and professional.

Check in was very prompt and smooth and staff was courteous. Our room was on top floor (4th) and overlooked the pool and main road in front of hotel. Not much scenery but that was to be expected for staying in city limits. Road noise was not an issue if you had the patio door closed. Beds and linens were extremely comfortable. .Room was very clean and the free bottled water was a nice gesture. Only downfall to room was bathroom door was a large noisy sliding door that left a small opening when closed so privacy was a bit of an issue and the bottom of tub needed to be refinished.

Plus side to our stay was the free hot buffet breakfast each morning and the free shuttle rides around town. A few dollars tip goes a long way for great service.

Checkout was seamless and they did provide option to store our luggage which we declined.

Location is close to ASU campus, Mill Ave shopping/dinning/bar district and a close drive to shopping malls.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
Dana Point, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Due to mechanical difficulties, we missed our connecting flight and were put up by the airline at this hotel. Sadly, I would never stay here by free will. I have traveled the world and my expectations are realistic.

PROS:
Very friendly staff

Prompt shuttle drivers

Updated bathroom

Fabulous water pressure in the shower

Sheets appeared to be clean

CONS:
Room smelled like massive amount of sweat and men's cologne

Chair was stained and filthy

Shower floor was tacky - did NOT feel clean, so I put the hand towels down on the shower floor to stand on

Towels were slightly larger than the floor mat

Armoire was broken at the hinges and wouldn't close

No full-size mirror

Hallways felt like a prison - very sterile (another guest commented that it felt creepy as he passed us in the hall)

2 pillows - one was down and queen-sized, the other was poly-filled and king size

• Stayed November 2013
Jason M, General Manager at Hotel 1333, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
We appreciate you taking to the time to complete a survey. I apologize your hotel experience was a negative one. I will be addressing your bullet points with the entire team to see where improvements can be made from the property level. Again, I apologize your stay was not according to our typical standards.

Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

There were good and not so good aspects to my 5 day stay.

Good:
Staff were friendly and helpful;
The rooms were very big, the bed comfortable
The free shuttle to and from the airport
The nice warm pool
Cleanliness
Two computers with internet access that guests could use

Not so good:
I was here 5 days and room supplies were not routinely replenished. For example, there was a coffee machine in the room, but on some days I was not supplied with fresh paper cups, on others no new sachets of coffee and tea. I fetched these, but when the room was cleaned, this wasn't routinely done.
Breakfast, although nominally 'free', was very basic and the poor staff had trouble coping with the crowds and the indoor breakfast seating area wasn't big enough to hold everyone having breakfast. During weekdays, there was a very jolly chap frying eggs and omelettes, but this was no available at weekends. The 'hot' food provided otherwise was often not hot; the fried potatoes were limp on every day I was there, the pancakes rather rubbery. And if you arrived within half an hour of the end of breakfast, items often had run out and no more were available.
I had had to book my room in two parts. For some reason I was only allocated Frequent stayer points for one of the two parts, and my request for a late credit of the missing points was declined.
Outside my room, the ice machine regularly dumped a large amount of built-up ice, right through the night, so loudly that it often woke me up.
Very thin walls between rooms - I was regularly woken up by guests talking outside who were returning late and by an amorous couple in the room next door...

On the whole this hotel was fine and clean, but I don't think it lived up to the expectations of the Sheraton name, nor was the price ($125 plus nearly $18 tax per night) good value for money, given the location. Guests without a car are pretty stuck for *decent* places to eat in the neighbourhood (though there are all the usual burger and fast food joints within half a mile)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write a survey regarding your stay. I apologize the hotel did not meet your expectation. We recently added the free cook to order hot breakfast are are currently reviewing the feedback provided from out guests. Detailed comments like yours can only help us in that area and we appreciate you taking the time to mention a few areas that we can excel in to make it a better experience for ALL our guests.

Thanks
Jason
Detroit, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

After reading some of the reviews on Tripadvisor, I was hesitant to stay here, but friends had already booked the rooms. I was pleasantly surprised! The hotel is clean and the staff is very helpful. The one icky thing that stood out to all of us were the linens - the sheets were hard and pilly and the towels were hard and gray. They reminded me of old gym towels! Definitely time to update the linens and bedding! There are a lot of young adults staying here (I'm assuming due to its proximity to ASU) so there were a lot of loud voices and doors slamming at all hours of the night. I'm aware that isn't the hotel's fault.
The front desk staff recommended excellent restaurants for us to try and were very helpful with the free shuttle bus. I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Jason M, General Manager at Hotel 1333, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
I wanted to thank you for your recent stay and for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate you feedback and I will be sharing the results with the entire team. I look forward to sharing the comments regarding the team. We always enjoy hearing when a guest has such a positive experience with us. Thank you again!!!

Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

I like the clean and simple design elements of the typical Four Points - This one works to that strength. Check-in process was quick and easy. The room was well maintained and calm. Parking space was plenty.Location is good and driving to any place in Tempe/Chandler/Mesa/Scottsdale is not a big challenge. And it is a good economical choice too!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Just a quick note to say thank you for the wonderful review. We appreciate you highlighting the value of our urban location to the entire valley area. We pride ourselves on trying to meet all our guest expectations. Thank you again for the review.

Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

This hotel is my home away from home when I visit my daughter at Arizona State. Very comfortable and the staff is very attentive. Good breakfast. Nice big pool and walking distance to campus. Highly recommend!!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the outstanding review. We love to hear when our guests continue to have exceptional visits and feel they are part of our team. We thank you for your loyalty to our hotel and look forward to many continous stays while your daughter attends ASU.

Fishers, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Excellent hotel, free shuttle to airport and local drop off within 5 miles of hotel. Next to light rail ad ASU campus. Near spring training baseball. Free high level complimentary breakfast. The strength of this hotel is their friendly and customer oriented staff. They are always helpful with a big smile. Hank Bell, and Josh Flores are exceptional staff members who remember your name, and go out of their way to make your staff enjoyable. Thank you Sheraton four points in Tempe AZ. I would definitely stay there again. AAAAA plus.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for the positive review. I look forward to sharing your comments with Josh and Hank (they are two of kind :) )!! I will be sure to share this review with the entire team. Comments like these are a great reminder to us in the hospitality business.