There were good and not so good aspects to my 5 day stay.
Staff were friendly and helpful;
The rooms were very big, the bed comfortable
The free shuttle to and from the airport
The nice warm pool
Two computers with internet access that guests could use
Not so good:
I was here 5 days and room supplies were not routinely replenished. For example, there was a coffee machine in the room, but on some days I was not supplied with fresh paper cups, on others no new sachets of coffee and tea. I fetched these, but when the room was cleaned, this wasn't routinely done.
Breakfast, although nominally 'free', was very basic and the poor staff had trouble coping with the crowds and the indoor breakfast seating area wasn't big enough to hold everyone having breakfast. During weekdays, there was a very jolly chap frying eggs and omelettes, but this was no available at weekends. The 'hot' food provided otherwise was often not hot; the fried potatoes were limp on every day I was there, the pancakes rather rubbery. And if you arrived within half an hour of the end of breakfast, items often had run out and no more were available.
I had had to book my room in two parts. For some reason I was only allocated Frequent stayer points for one of the two parts, and my request for a late credit of the missing points was declined.
Outside my room, the ice machine regularly dumped a large amount of built-up ice, right through the night, so loudly that it often woke me up.
Very thin walls between rooms - I was regularly woken up by guests talking outside who were returning late and by an amorous couple in the room next door...
On the whole this hotel was fine and clean, but I don't think it lived up to the expectations of the Sheraton name, nor was the price ($125 plus nearly $18 tax per night) good value for money, given the location. Guests without a car are pretty stuck for *decent* places to eat in the neighbourhood (though there are all the usual burger and fast food joints within half a mile)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- One of the Tempe Hotels that provides convenient access to the campus, shopping and more, Four Points by Sheraton Tempe Hotel looks forward to welcoming you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Starwood, BookIt.com, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Tempe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Points By Sheraton Tempe
- Four Points By Sheraton Tempe Hotel Tempe
- Four Points Tempe
- Tempe Four Points
- Tempe Sheraton