“Average but acceptable” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 47 Hotels in Tempe
Paris
“Average but acceptable”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

In general, the structure of the hotel is very rectangular like hotels that were built in the seventies. There is a large lobby that includes the welcome desk, the restaurant, the bar, the sitting area and the shop. Not very intimate or cozy.

The rooms are comfortable with large widows. Some of them have a balcony. Rooms with view on the swimming pool are nicer. Internet works correctly. There is not enough storage space, no drawers and no fridge in the room.

Some comments complained about the needed renovation and the noise.

Although the hotel is not recent, I felt that furniture and carpets are in good condition. Except for the hallway: carpet is old and decoration is basic with no charm.

The hotel - by itself - is not particularly noisy. Some people, especially on saturday evening, might be noisy but this happens everywhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Jason M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tempe, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and for writing a detail review. We appreciate you taking the time to do so. With social media being such an important role for travelers it is important that we keep up to date on guests expectations. I am happy to report the management company is addressing some of your comments and we are renovating all the guests rooms sliding doors and windows. This update to the hotel will help reduce outside noise that some guests have experienced. Thank you again for your recent stay.

Jason Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Finnish first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time staying at a Four Points, which is apparently Starwood's lower-cost line of hotels. The place definitely has the feel of a high-end motel but I was pleasantly surprised and had a very nice stay. The room was a little worse for wear, with some scuff marks and patches on the walls, but it was clean. Honestly, the nicest part of the room is the bathroom, which has a bright and modern look and a good, strong shower. The wall ac is not as loud as I feared and is thermostat controlled. Definitely good value, especially for a three-star. Adjust your expectations a little and you'll have a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your positive experience. On July 1st 2013 the hotel will be undergoing some upgrades and installing all new windows and sliders to the guest rooms. We are looking forward to these upgrades so that we can address those issues you wrote about. Again, thank you for taking the time to write about your positive experience and hope you will stay with us again in the near future.

el paso, tx
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is the second trip that I have had at this hotel and the first was ok. The second was a nightmare. We found roaches the size of your palm the first night. We were given another room where the infestation was even bigger. We moved again to another room on a different floor. I have never been so disgusted in my life, they were in the coffee maker and IN MY BED! The manager gave us free breakfast tickets (like I was going to eat there after what I had seen in my room, who knows what's in the kitchen), and only refunded one night of our two night stay. Never again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay. I apologize that your experience was so negative. The hotel does work closely with Ecolab Pest elimination and I am concerned about your findings as well. We have contacted Ecolab and are working on addressing your comments. The hotel is on a preventative maintenance program to help reduce any pest problems. If you could contact me directly regarding your accommodation I would greatly appreciate it. Please feel free to e-mail me at Jason.moore@fourpointstempe.com or call 480-968-3451.

Clovis, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

I have been here 5 times now, with business trips and visiting my daughter at ASU. It is the perfect location for going to all points around Phoenix while being close enough to drop in with my child at ASU. The rooms are kept clean and serviced and the front desk staff is always outstanding and prompt. Handy bar in the entrance for a quick beer after enjoying the Arizona heat or getting ready to head out for the evening. Nice work out facility on the first floor.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay. It is nice to see that you are able to mix business with pleasure while you visit Arizona. Our urban location is central to so many of our guests needs while visiting Arizona. The team takes great pride in the hotel and positive reviews like this are great words of encouragement. I look forward to reviewing your comments with the entire team. Thank you again and hope to have the opportunity to introduce myself on your next visit.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We stayed here for a staycation and was pleasantly surprised. The price was great for the room that we got. The beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable. The rooms were very clean and nicely maintained. The showers had built in pump canisters for shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner. The rooms were very spacious. Breakfast buffet for $10 was a great value and the restaurant food was reasonably priced and delicious. The bar was closed because of some issue with tax but we weren't there to drink. I would highly recommend this hotel! It is across the street from off campus housing for ASU but not a big deal at all. Nicely located to everything in Tempe and they offer a 24 hour shuttle.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a low number. There are very long corridors and we were located at the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for writing a review regarding your recent stay. We appreciate you highlighting the positives pertaining to your visit and letting everyone know of it. With social media being a driving force in traveler making reservation based on previous guests stays, comments like yours will only help. I look forward to sharing this with the entire staff to review. Again, thank you for your recent stay and hope you will be our guest again in the near future.

San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The hotel is walking distance to ASU and even Mill Ave, if you like to walk. The front desk daytime staff was very friendly and helpful; the evening staff was acceptable. The beds were great and very comfortable. The room air conditioning was horribly noisy. It was not hot on the day that we arrived but we couldn't turn down the noisy A/C fan and the room stayed too cool, even after calling maintenance in to look at it. The door to the hallway did not keep out the hallway noise at all, allowing me to clearly hear people's hallway conversations. No in-room frig which would be a very welcome addition. Pool area was pleasant with plentiful towels poolside. Although they advertised free bottled water, there was only one small bottle in the room reserved for two people. If you want to use the shuttle, try to reserve in advance.

Room Tip: Although one recommendation said to go for a lower-number room, I'd say avoid the rooms close to...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tempe, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your stay and for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay. I appreciate you mentioning the positive experience you had with the team. Positive comments are a great incentive to all of us that work in the hospitability business. I also appreciate you letting us know about the A/C unit and will be sure to pass that along to our Maintenance Department to ensure they are working properly. Summer is very near and we will want to make sure the units up and running! Thank you again and if you are traveling to the Tempe area again please contact me directly. I would appreciate another opportunity for you to stay with us again.