“Nice, not a bad price either” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #26 of 46 Hotels in Tempe
Irvine, California
“Nice, not a bad price either”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The hotel was good for the buck. The restaurant food was very good. The breakfast buffet was really good to. Since it was to move my brother out from the college, the location could not have been more convenient. The only thing that was odd about this hotel was the bathroom door was extremely unique. It was on huge rollers, I am surprised it didn't wake up the neighbors every time it opened.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has a normal bathroom door.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tempe, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Just a quick note to thank you for the review. I will be sharing the results for the entire team to review. The bathroom doors you write about are unique to our Four Points Brand. We do receive mixed comments about them. However, typically they are positive results because of the European flavor they add to the hotel. Again, thank you for the positive feedback and hope to see you again in the near future.

Jason Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Manchester, New Hampshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Came to the area for my cousins wedding early March. Due to the weather, what was meant to be an outdoor ceremony moved indoors. Hotel did a decent job of decorating a room for the ceremony. Reception afterwards had spotty waitstaff service, the food was cold and dry, the potatoes were not even hot in the middle. The pork was terrible, the chicken cold. It was as if the food had been sitting for hours before being served to the guests. The champagne had not been poured in a timely fashion for the toast and and bar service was so so. Many attendies went to the regular bar near the lobby of the hotel for drinks. I felt bad for my cousin, spending money for the wedding and not getting all that was expected. The guests were even asked not to tap on glasses for the bride and groom to kiss, being told the glasses cost $50 a piece to replace if broken. Seriously???? I could go out and buy four wine glasses for under $10. Pretty sure they buy in bulk at a reduce rate. Worst reception I have ever been too.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

A couple friends and I stayed at this hotel from March 9th through the 17th and had an absolute blast! John one of the bartender's services his guests above and beyond expectations and makes awesome drinks! The shuttle service from the hotel to Mill Avenue and the surrounding Tempe area was very convenient. Bob one of the drivers already had a shuttle arranged to drop a guest off at the airport but was willing to go out of his way to include us in the drive and drop us off at the stadium afterwards. Great Service! We arranged a shuttle earlier in the week to get picked up at Tempe Market Place but the driver didn't show up so Josh at the Front Desk was more than willing enough to Comp our taxi ride back to the hotel. Now that's excellent service! The only reason I didn't rate the experience as a five star was the bathroom door in the room and the food trays not being picked up in the hallways. The sliding door doesn't allow for privacy at all. The food trays being left out in the hallways for days is gross! But overall we will be coming back to this hotel again in the future because of the service and the location to Mill Avenue and the surrounding spring training parks.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Just a quick note to say THANK YOU!!! We appreciate the time you spent in writing such a positive review. I will be forwarding your comments onto our New F&B Director. I also appreicate you taking the time to mention additional team members as well. Such positive comments are a great incentive for the entire to excell. They are a great reminder to why we are in the hospitality industry!!

Candiac, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

This hotel had a great location to all areas of the city to access attractions and scenic drives.
Very professional at the check in desk with a nice smile from the staff members. The room was just perfect for us, ground floor and not far from the parking area and reception. The service was outstanding at this hotel. There was a Sheraton staff member speaking with a British accent and he really made our stay welcoming. Sorry I can’t remember his name but he was outstanding. From the time I checked in he was present and answered all of my questions about the area. One day after visiting and driving all day we decided to eat in the room as we were really exhausted. I went to the dining area and he (British lad) offered to bring the food to our room. When I got back he called to ask if we wanted the salads delivered first before the meal of with the meal. That was a real nice touch! The British lad delivered our meal to our room and after about 15 minutes the phone rang as it was him asking if everything was ok and if we were pleased with the meal. This Sheraton staff member was a real professional at customer service and I would recommend Sheraton to acknowledge his outstanding service. I would return and recommend this Sheraton hotel to all of my friends and family for sure!!!
Thanks for a wonderful stay ;-)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the wonderful review. I will be sharing your comments with our New F&B Director as well. Gareth is the gentleman you were working with and we are VERY lucky to have him as part of our team. Service levels like this are hard to fine and Gareth is a prime example of why we are in the hospitality business. THANK YOU again for the feedback and I will be sharing your comments with the entire team so they can all review and hopefully get the same type of reviews.

San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My b-i-l chose this place as centrally-located for Spring Training - has a pool. I read other reviews so I was prepared - pretty accurate. LOCATION (1) Construction: not as bad as late last year I think - building was mostly up - doing mostly inside work in early March. It did start early - 6:30 - is that even legal? I'm just glad we were at this hotel rather than the one across the street that had some wild party that required police presence. (2) Safeway very close - easy to buy water/snacks! (3) Lots of fast food places around if you're in a hurry, including Einstein Brothers bagels. (4) ASU very close. ROOM: (1) I liked our room on the 3rd floor, near the elevator, facing the back - pretty quiet compared to others' rooms in our party (2nd floor over the pool, 3rd floor facing the street) (2) A/C was LOUD and on permanent "high" - we were able to open the window. Good because the room was stuffy - and it wasn't that hot yet, being Spring. (3) Room was big, with a Recliner (didn't discover until last day that it reclined). Nice desk with handy plugs and a purported wired broadband connection. STAFF: (1) "Restaurant" was fantastic - Reggie the chef was a sweetheart, all the ladies, and English chap (Gareth?) serving were wonderful (shudda left bigger tips I think). (2) House services were very nice - said "hi" to me in the hallways. (3) Front desk (& that's a tiny desk) - not so much - seemed somewhat uncaring, as other reviews have pointed out. Had trouble with our breakfast coupons, but they gave us the missing one (we had 7/8 of them). AMENITIES: (1) No in-room safe. Front desk safe cannot accommodate larger laptops, but could take iPads. (2) Wifi - Free, but if I had to work, I'd not want to have to download or upload a lot of data - I heard it was slow from others in our party. (3) Pool - I think it's OK (don't swim, but others in our party did) (4) Ice machines in even floors only, but stairs are easy. (5) Computers to print boarding passes - SCORE :-) (6) Peanuts for Spring training folk. (7) 1 free water/day (I did ask and receive another for my husband).
All in all, not the best I've been in and not the worst. I'd go back to see Reggie :-)

Room Tip: See if you can get the breakfast included (try AAA card)
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the positive review. I appreciate you taking the time to highlight your stay with such details. We are a new management team on the property and are working VERY hard on improving the hotel. We are very lucky to have Reggie on board with us and I will be sure to pass this along to him. He recently started with us and has brought such a positive experience to us all. I will be sharing your comments with our Front Office Manager as well so we can strive to increase all of our guests expectations. Again, thank you for the positive review and appreicate all the feedback.

Jason
the o.c.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

Our family spent Thursday thru Sunday night at the hotel. The rooms were clean & spacious. The bathroom had a nice long counter with a shelf underneath so that both my husband & i were able to leave our toiletries in the bathroom & not have to pack them up after each use. The public areas were average with a small dining area (primarily for breakfasts) & a small bar area. I never ate at the hotel so I don't know what the food was like. However the walls are very thin & you can hear all your neighbors. The doors to each room slam shut very loudly. There is also a lot of noise from the construction next door (which started at 5:30am on Monday). On the other
side of the hotel, the rooms face Rural Rd which is also a busy noisy street. The price was great but I'm not sure if I would stay here again because I was never well rested due to lack of a good night's rest.

Room Tip: Perhaps when the construction is over, a room at the back would be quieter - I'm not sure
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Jason M, General Manager at Four Points by Sheraton Tempe, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Thank you for your recent stay and for completing a trip advisor review. I apologize that the noise level made your stay uncomfortable. Tempe and ASU are continuing to grow and develop (which we are extremely excited about). However, the construction combined with our urban location to downtown Tempe has created some additional challenges for our location. We are working with our ownership group on improving this so that our guest can have a peaceful experience while staying at a urban location. Again, thank you for your feedback and I will be sharing these comments with the entire team. We value the opinions of our guest and comments like these can only improve our performance.

Kenora, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I just returned from a two-night stay the Four Point by Sheraton Tempe and truly have mixed feelings about the place. The rooms are clean and modern (almost like a design hotel). Hallways were a little dirty most of the time and had a strange smell to them (a mix of orange cleaner and marijuana). I wasn't too impressed with their on-site restaurant, the lobby lounge, or the buffet breakfast (the hot food was cold).

I was, however, appalled by the front desk service. Quick check-in that went okay, but I later returned to buy some snacks from their little lobby grab-n-go only to find that I was completely ignored by their front desk staff. I made my presence known but was told to wait a minute and in the end, was never served (the two people at the front desk were NOT helping guests check-in either). I just ended up putting my items back and leaving.

It's amazing what little things can turn a customer off, but I will never stay at this hotel simple based on the level of service, or lack of service, I received.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your recent stay and for completing a review on trip advisor. We appreciate you taking the time mentioning the positives of your stay. However, I am very concerned about your experience with our front office team. I would like to hear further about this so I can work with our new Assistant General Manager; Megan. Megan is brand new to the hotel and we appreciate any additional feedback on areas that could use improvements. Please contact me at Jason.moore@fourpointstempe.com so we can further investigate this.

Jason Moore

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Tempe? Share your experiences!