“Great. Absolutely great.” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Temecula, California
“Great. Absolutely great.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2010

I was pleasantly surprised by this hotel. I tried to see the street view using Google but it was outdated and did not correctly reflect what the area looks like. The area seems to be nice, but the hotel was just great. We had a king suite and it was REALLY well decorated, had a great kitchen (fully equipped) and the bed was amazingly comfortable. My husband never sleeps well in hotel rooms and he slept very well here. I didn't like parking my car by an area with apartments, but oh well, it was free and right in front. There was a lot of activity and it seems like a lot of families stay here. The breakfast was decent (not amazing, but decent). I hated Arizona, but if I had to come back here, I would totally stay in this hotel again. The only thing I would have them change is to run the AC in the halls. If you get off on the 4th floor, it's like stepping into a sauna and you want to choke. Otherwise, very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

We stayed at this marriott 11days this time and found it very comfortable with friendly staff. The room layouts are particularly nice, even the studio rooms. We stayed on the first floor because we had our doggie with us and everything was very convenient.

Some of the housekeeping is not quite up to par but this is common with all new facilities until the standards are realized and followed through by all the housekeepers. we will definitely go back!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2010

This is a new hotel and the unexpected hot breakfast makes you start a day nice and refreshing. I stayed at a studio with kingsize bed, room is trendy and comfortable and the flatscreen TV turns 180 degree, so I could watch Laker game on the sofa and then turned the TV around to watch late night show in bed. Service was great, front desk was always smiling and helpful, the breakfast lady even made a waffle for me. Before I left, two front desk ladies gave me some really helpful tips to relieve my personal worries so I really really appreciate their help. Thank you very much. I like the personal touch of this hotel and I highly recommend you try it out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2010

My husband and three teenage children, were very pleased with the hotel. When we arrived, we were impressed with the modern decor, and prompt check in. Our room was fabulous, and modern. Be prepared to rest soundly, because the beds were extremely comfortable. The kitchen was fully stocked with everything you would need to prepare a family meal (plates,cups,eating utensils,etc). The multi level shower head was relaxing.After looking around, we immediatly proceeded to the POOL!!!!!!!! The kids said "the pool is so warm", and there was plenty of towels to dry off with.The hotel provided free hot breakfast, that was better prepared than some restaurants.All 5 family member were happy, and having a variety for 5 , is hard..Overall, our stay was excellent, and the staff were kind and curteous..

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

There for the U.S.T.A. Senior National Tournament, the hotel staff, room, and breakfast were all top notch. Everyone was impressed with a new facility that ran so efficiently.
Excellent!

Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
Highlands Ranch, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

I travel for business frequently and I am a Marriott Rewards platinum member. I just stayed at two nice hotels in Boston and in Chicago, and I can honestly say that this hotel is probably one of my favorite hotels.

When I arrived, Randy was there to greet me at the front desk. I have experienced many customer service issues with Marriott recently, and I found Randy to be very welcoming and helpful. He made me feel like I was the only guest there.

The hotel is new and absolutely wonderful. My room was large and I had a view of the baseball field a couple of blocks away. The area is very new and under development. The bed was comfortable, each surface was covered with granite, and I fell in love with my large flat-screen tv. I had a great kitchen, with maple cabintry and stainless steel appliances. The bathroom was large and clean, and the shower was great. I had everything I needed and I felt very much at home. The kitchen was nice enough that I would have enjoyed using it to cook a meal.

On my second night, I walked in feeling very tired from a long day at work. Randy was there to welcome me by name and invited me to join them for a barbeque. This hotel has a very nice eating area that expands outdoors with a nice (granite-top) barbeque grill and large fire pit. I could not believe that this hotel actually provides an evening barbeque for their guests. I am booking my next flight to stay here again!

There is free breakfast in the morning, along with coffee and a newspaper. There is a pool outside and basketball court.. I was too tired to get in shape, but the fitness center looked amazing with modern equipment that had tvs at each station.

I love Marriott and have stayed at many of their upscale properties. I am not sure I have ever enjoyed my stay or have felt more at home than I have at this hotel. I will be back!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2010

We were truly impressed with the generous size of the Studio room, consisting of a living area, modern well equipped kitchen with granite counter top and full size DW.
It has a large BR offset to the side with a separate vanity area and nice bathroom. The furnishings and esp. the decor were in good taste. The bedding was of the quality of a much more expensive hotel. The breakfast buffet was plentyful, but I enjoyed the freshly baked waffle and excellent coffee.
The Staff was friendly and helpful. I don't write these reviews often, but this hotel really
deserves to be praised! Keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix NW Surprise? Share your experiences!