“Don't want to go home” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Surprise
Mansfield, Massachusetts
“Don't want to go home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

I checked in on Sunday, fast efficient and very, very pleasant staff, Nahla Costello made me feel like a long time friend. I proceeded to my one bedroom suit on the third floor overlooking the pool. I couldn't help but notice how wonderful it smelled. When I entered the room, I immediately was relaxed. Super clean and very beautiful. My suite has a fridge, dishes, living room area, really nice bathroom. I enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and decided to stay one more night. I slept better than I have in years. I visit Surprise a lot as my daughter lives here with her three children, when it need private time this will always be my choice. I felt for the first time in a long time that my money was well spent.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room
Green Features: I think we as guests are responsible for helping hotels help the environment, we don't change our bed sheets at home on a daily basis, don't have your sheets changed in a hotel daily. Hang your towel to dry, you took a shower they should be used at least twice
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Madison, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

I was highly impressed with this Residence Inn. If you find yourself in Surprise, this is your place. The hotel is relatively new, which always helps, but the staff is great and the property and rooms have been well maintained. We had a wonderful one bedroom suite. The kitchen was very nice and well appointed. The exercise room, which I used daily, was just right. It was never too busy, so there was plenty of space, and it was always clean, with clean towels and water as well. The housekeeping and maintenance staff were always very helpful and checking to make sure we had everything we needed. The front desk was also always accommodating, especially since we were constantly getting mail/packages.
We were at this hotel for just under 2 months. That's a long time. And to not have many complaints is quite impressive. I think I have more complaints about my own home. If I had to name anything it would be that the bedroom was a little small but didn't really matter because we had our nice sitting area with a fireplace. And the couch could stand to be a wee bit more comfortable, but again something that would probably go unnoticed had we not been there for such a long stay. Overall, we couldn't have asked for much more for an extended stay.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our room on the first floor near the door because we had a dog.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very easy to find, especially since my gps was acting up. Parking was more than adequate and close to the hotels entrance. Without exception every employee was friendly and most helpful. The rooms are very clean and roomy. The kitchen area was very nice and completely set up with even a dishwasher. The free breakfast was super. Very clean, great variety, plentiful seating. This hotel is one of the nicest my wife and I have ever been to for the price. Would definitely stay there again if we come back to this part of Arizona. Very happy with hotel! Greg Wilson, Mississippi, 05/2014

• Stayed May 2014
Bucks County, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed here for three nights while visiting the area. The staff were friendly and helpful and the two bedroom / two bathroom suite we reserved was exceptionally clean and well appointed. Very comfortable beds with lots of pillows. Both bathrooms were well stocked with fluffy towels and good bath products. Full kitchen with all the necessities, (even a dishwasher!) was a plus. Breakfast was plentiful and tasty, with coffee and ice water available throughout the day just outside the main serving area. We didn't want to leave and will definitely be back when in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Clean & classy. Everything you need for a pleasant stay. Next to a Beautiful park with fishing, pickle ball courts, tennis, baseball and a library. Plus Bell Rd location close to restaurants. Free parking and nice full breakfast. Terrific staff. We love to stay here when visiting relatives in Surprise AZ.

Stayed May 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

The living room and kitchen had everything you would expect from a small hotel with only four floors, and each of the bedrooms (one with a king bed and the other with a queen bed) had a fairly large television, their own bathrooms complete with many soft towels, Paul Mitchell shampoo/conditioner, body and facial soaps, a blowdryer, lots of hot water, and a closet with a laundry basket and a full length mirror. There is a dishwasher and a sink with detergent, many eating utensils and plates/bowls, and a refrigerator. Coin laundry is downstairs and you can get the necessary quarters from the front desk. There is also a gym with various exercise equipment on the first floor. The breakfasts are sufficient, although compared with the rooms it may be a bit disappointing -- there are bagels, yogurt, a wafflemaker, juices, milks, English muffins, bananas/apples/oranges, and cereals. The swimming pool and whirlpool are great, the sun was very warm and bright when I swam there in late April. Peaceful settings. The alarm clock is very weak in sound, so you may want to supply your own, however!

Room Tip: Our two-bedroom suite on the third floor was facing the swimming pool downstairs, and there was a lo...
Green Features: There is a doorknob card so you can decide if you want maid service every day or every other day or however often you would like them to come. We stuck out the request card every other day, since there were four large towels and many smaller towels in each bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Horseheads
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

We had a wonderful stay here. We had a corner room, which was very quiet. The bed was extremely comfortable. Best vacation sleep ever! The kitchen was outstanding, wish we used it more. Next trip! The breakfast buffet had everything you could possibly want. The selection changed daily. The breakfast burrito was very good. Some type of potatoes every day. Only problem, I waited until the last day to get a waffle, very good! We never had a problem getting a parking spot. We plan to stay here again. Thanks!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix NW Surprise? Share your experiences!