“Superb Teamwork Brings Excellent Results” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Surprise
Goodyear, Arizona
“Superb Teamwork Brings Excellent Results”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Surprising - because it is unusual for some suite lodgings, the Residence Inn functions as a well oiled operation that can only be the result of superb teamwork, excellent management, and attention to detail. Surprising, because not many long term residence type hotels hit all of the points required to bring client satisfaction in all areas. This Residence Inn is of recent architectural vintage, contemporary in external style featuring a mixture of surfaces and colors on the inside that represent the contemporary blended with some traditional touches. The front desk staff is excellent and professional, yet still personable. Housekeeping staff is very attentive to the entire facility and energetic. Maintenance and other specialities members stay on top of their tasks. Especially noteworthy are the dining courtesies through the daily full buffet breakfasts and selected evenings hot treats and beverages provided by management, prepared by Angie and Mercedes. This type of functional teamwork appears to be from employee loyalty and good management. Staying in a three-piece bedroom suite for over two weeks, we found all room accommodations to be complete and well presented, including a comfortable bed in a doored bedroom, complete kitchen with granite counters, separate WC and bath-shower room, and separated vanity area with door. Pool, fitness room, lounge, and spacious lobby areas complete the package of this inn located in an attractive neighborhood near plentiful dining and shopping resources in Surprise, Arizona.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
green bay, wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved our visit there. The staff was great, the other guests were so friendly that we felt we were part of a community. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Phoenix.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow. Was there an error in my bill? Did I really pay less here than I paid in Tonopah two nights ago? Yes, I did. I'm fairly convinced I wasn't dreaming.

Was it perfect? This is where I say "no," right? Yeah, I think it might have been perfect. I can't think of a single thing that went wrong. I may be forgetting something, but if there was anything, it was small.

The staff was a bit too professional, if that makes sense. The room was big, well designed and well stocked. I felt bad staying here just one night as I realize they are catering to those that are staying longer, but if they're going to allow it, I'm going to choose a place like this any day.

I can't imagine why I'd need to stay in Surprise again, but if I do I'll be staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm loving my stay at a king room. The hotel still seems to have that "new car smell", being only three years old. The location is off the main road, and the windows provide excellent sound proofing. The suites are very comfortable. They really are designed to be lived in; the layout and furniture arrangement make perfect sense.

The most important part for me ( being a germophobe that I am) everything is absolutely spotless clean. My standards on cleanliness are sky high, and this place managed to make me deliriously happy. Kudos.

You get nicely equipped kitchen (dish soap provided), full size refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, dining table for two, office corner, living area with a love seat , coffee table and an armchair, swiveling flat screen TV (which doubles as a divider between living and bedroom areas), plenty of closet and drawer space and a sink that is separated from bathroom (convenient ).

The bed and pillows are very comfortable. Air conditioning works great, an important component when staying in AZ in the summer. I didn't really use the common pool, gym or any other amnesties but they looked standard. The hotel seems to be under-booked, and there is only one staff member at the desk at any time. That said, the staff is friendly and helpful. They do a great job.

There are really only two covets to the experience:
- if your neighbors cook food, the smell does travel to your room. It seems to get there through the vents, as hallway remains smell free.
- complimentary breakfast is not impressive in quality and freshness despite seemingly varied choices. Since there is a kitchen in the room, I suggest arranging your own or taking a quick drive to Wildflower Bread Company down the road.

Overall, excellent stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August 2013. My room was nicely decorated and clean, with plenty of room and quality TV and wireless included. I have not stayed in a Residence Inn property in many years, but this one seems very well-maintained for this brand. The location is 1 block from the baseball stadium for the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers in the Spring training season.

The property has an adequate breakfast with some hot items, as well as food and drinks at night for the guests.

Check-in and check out was very convenient, and pricing was reasonable for a quality room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel. The rooms are enormous, and the amenities plentiful. We stayed longer than planned! Over a period of days, we saw the same management over and over, which offers a very comfortable form of familiarity. During that time, we were repeatedly asked if we needed anything or if all was going well. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are best. The south side was great. One small matter is water from the po...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I consider myself to be extremely picky when it comes to hotels.

We travel to Surprise 3-4 times a year to visit my daughter and grandchildren.
Their home is smaller so only a few of us stay with them.

So...we have stayed in various hotels over the last 5 years when we haven't stayed with them.

Why we have never stayed here I do not know. From now on, this is where we will stay.

We had a luxurious two bedroom suite that was extremely nice and clean.

The other complaints about the breakfast buffet was not something we experienced. They had eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, french toast, waffle maker, cereal's, oatmeal, granola, juice, coffee....we were satisfied with flavor, everything.

They have a nice BBQ with the utensils if you feel like BBQ'ing in 111 degree weather.

The staff was extremely nice and courteous.

Overall...great stay...will be where we stay from now on!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix NW Surprise? Share your experiences!