“What an amazing place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 7 hotels in Surprise
green bay, wi
“What an amazing place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We loved our visit there. The staff was great, the other guests were so friendly that we felt we were part of a community. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is looking for a great place to stay in Phoenix.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

114 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

Wow. Was there an error in my bill? Did I really pay less here than I paid in Tonopah two nights ago? Yes, I did. I'm fairly convinced I wasn't dreaming.

Was it perfect? This is where I say "no," right? Yeah, I think it might have been perfect. I can't think of a single thing that went wrong. I may be forgetting something, but if there was anything, it was small.

The staff was a bit too professional, if that makes sense. The room was big, well designed and well stocked. I felt bad staying here just one night as I realize they are catering to those that are staying longer, but if they're going to allow it, I'm going to choose a place like this any day.

I can't imagine why I'd need to stay in Surprise again, but if I do I'll be staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Washington, DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

I'm loving my stay at a king room. The hotel still seems to have that "new car smell", being only three years old. The location is off the main road, and the windows provide excellent sound proofing. The suites are very comfortable. They really are designed to be lived in; the layout and furniture arrangement make perfect sense.

The most important part for me ( being a germophobe that I am) everything is absolutely spotless clean. My standards on cleanliness are sky high, and this place managed to make me deliriously happy. Kudos.

You get nicely equipped kitchen (dish soap provided), full size refrigerator, dishwasher, coffee maker, dining table for two, office corner, living area with a love seat , coffee table and an armchair, swiveling flat screen TV (which doubles as a divider between living and bedroom areas), plenty of closet and drawer space and a sink that is separated from bathroom (convenient ).

The bed and pillows are very comfortable. Air conditioning works great, an important component when staying in AZ in the summer. I didn't really use the common pool, gym or any other amnesties but they looked standard. The hotel seems to be under-booked, and there is only one staff member at the desk at any time. That said, the staff is friendly and helpful. They do a great job.

There are really only two covets to the experience:
- if your neighbors cook food, the smell does travel to your room. It seems to get there through the vents, as hallway remains smell free.
- complimentary breakfast is not impressive in quality and freshness despite seemingly varied choices. Since there is a kitchen in the room, I suggest arranging your own or taking a quick drive to Wildflower Bread Company down the road.

Overall, excellent stay. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights in August 2013. My room was nicely decorated and clean, with plenty of room and quality TV and wireless included. I have not stayed in a Residence Inn property in many years, but this one seems very well-maintained for this brand. The location is 1 block from the baseball stadium for the Kansas City Royals and Texas Rangers in the Spring training season.

The property has an adequate breakfast with some hot items, as well as food and drinks at night for the guests.

Check-in and check out was very convenient, and pricing was reasonable for a quality room.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Southern California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is an outstanding hotel. The rooms are enormous, and the amenities plentiful. We stayed longer than planned! Over a period of days, we saw the same management over and over, which offers a very comfortable form of familiarity. During that time, we were repeatedly asked if we needed anything or if all was going well. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool are best. The south side was great. One small matter is water from the po...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Placentia, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I consider myself to be extremely picky when it comes to hotels.

We travel to Surprise 3-4 times a year to visit my daughter and grandchildren.
Their home is smaller so only a few of us stay with them.

So...we have stayed in various hotels over the last 5 years when we haven't stayed with them.

Why we have never stayed here I do not know. From now on, this is where we will stay.

We had a luxurious two bedroom suite that was extremely nice and clean.

The other complaints about the breakfast buffet was not something we experienced. They had eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, french toast, waffle maker, cereal's, oatmeal, granola, juice, coffee....we were satisfied with flavor, everything.

They have a nice BBQ with the utensils if you feel like BBQ'ing in 111 degree weather.

The staff was extremely nice and courteous.

Overall...great stay...will be where we stay from now on!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stayed here recently while visiting family in Surprise. The hotel appears to be new. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. We had a 2 bedroom suite that was great for traveling with 2 teenagers. We had 2 bathrooms and a living room with a kitchenette. I used the fitness room, which wasn't too large, but I was the only one in it. The machines worked well. We ate the included breakfast which had a good variety of choices. It was nice to eat breakfast outside near the pool. We will definitely stay here next time we come to Surprise.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn by Marriott Phoenix NW Surprise? Share your experiences!