“Welcome to paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Havasu Falls Campground

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Supai
Havasu Falls Campground
Havasu Canyon, P.O. Box 160, Supai, AZ 86435   |
Hanover, Maryland
“Welcome to paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

Difficult to get to, but so worth the effort. Make sure you get an early start for your hike in and out. The campsites are awesome. The bathrooms were well stocked with toilet paper and hand sanatizer and pretty clean. The waterfalls are beautiful. Enjoyed every minute of this trip

• Stayed May 2013

23 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Well I'd have to say there's really no way you should rate this below a 5 out of 5....for starters Havasu Falls and Mooney Falls are absolutely gorgeous. The blue green water and calcified pool that flow beneath are a stark contrast to the red cliffs surrounding. The campsite is great, the lush vegetation throughout the creek trail down to Mooney/Colorado River is just amazing.

As far as the people some are friendly some are jerks - I dont expect them to be nice to me seeing as how Im white and well, we know whats happened...
When I took the Helicopter the credit card machine worked just fine but the guy was extremely rude to me - I had to check him but he at least saw I wasnt a punk (interesting story...).

I am not reviewing this place as a "resort" or "hotel" because thats not what it is its one of the most beautiful places on Earth and its very cool that you can go there for pretty cheap.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Worcester, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We camped one night here .. this place is so nice and chilly and beautifull. Across 1 mile or so you just walk along the river, left and right there are multiple spots in the shade to camp. Couple of restrooms are there with sanitizer dispenser, no washing or shower options as far as I could see, but guess what, there is a huge shower called Havasu Fall :) .. it has its price, ok, 125$ with reservation, but it is worth. Everything: the hike, falls, camping, perfect 2 days!!!!

• Stayed May 2013
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went with some friends two weeks ago, and it was perfect conditions. The water was warm, the nights were a little cool, but the temperature during the day was around 80. We visited Navajo, Havasu, Mooney, and Beaver Falls. Overall, we had an incredible trip. Here is a short video that highlights our experience. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWPSyFptntE

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

my experience and the hike was awesome. I misjudged the hike and when we went down it took me almost six hours to get to the falls. i was tired and exhausted but the first time i looked at the falls all my strength returned back. The hotel seems like is always reserved so we had to camp and i ahve never camped before so i was under prepared for that too. the helicopters operate only on thursdays fridays, sunday and monday and i was getting out of the reservation on saturday so i had to get horses. i have never ever been on a horse and the people were nice enough to help me manage them. I actually thought the people were nice enough ( may be because i was expecting them to be down right rude- based on previous reviews). They showed me my way and whenever i greeted them , they greeted back ( what more would i want). i kept my questions to minimum and just enjoyed the nature rather than people. i do think that they should put more signs in the hiking trail because it seems never ending. coming back up the horses took four hours, they slowed a little because we were bad riders but still. Also i did not notice it said before, so i am point out that the trail seems a little sandy, so your feet go a little in the ground when walking, i thought it made the hike harder. But if you are planning to go, please do and enjoy your trip, make memories because you will be proud of it

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Casa Grande, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

For most people this is a once in a lifetime experience so do your homework, plan ahead and be prepared. We hiked to the campground carrying full backpacks. We arrived early in the afternoon and found a campsite right along the creek. It was beautiful! The setting is almost too beautiful for words. The red rock canyons rising up on both sides, the creek running through the campgrounds, a perfect view of the star filled sky through the top of the tent! And all of this just a short hike from some of the most beautiful waterfalls in the world! Hiking with the backpack proved to be a little rough so we chose to send our packs out on the donkeys and do the return hike without them. That made a big difference! We planned to stop for breakfast at the cafe in Supai on the way out but, even though the signs advertised breakfast from 6am - 10am the cafe wasn't open at 7:30am. When I asked one of the locals what time the cafe opened he said "whenever they get ready". Fortunately the store was open and we were able to purchase breakfast items there.

Room Tip: Sites are first come first served to get there at early as possible.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

After reading several less than spectacular reviews on this site I had to pip in. Havasu Falls was to date the most unbelievable journey I've ever taken in my life!

Seven of us went as a group from our training studio in Canada, so we came prepared for several days of hiking, as we're all in good shape. We booked a tour guide ahead of time, which with the hotel in Flagstaff was pricy but more than worth it! (See Pygmy Tours)

The campground wasn't crowded while we were there - it actually felt empty and almost untouched. Everything was relatively clean, including the outhouses. We'd heard they'd just rebuilt several of the creeks/falls/pools as there was a mini-flood about 7 weeks prior. This gave the water time to clear up, and man was it amazing!

As a highly active person I was worried about not getting in enough nutrients, so I brought along several calorie dense snacks for the 10 mile hike to get to the campground. I wasn't expecting luxury, but as the guides brought along tons of tasty snacks to keep us energized, I felt well taken care of. I wasn't expecting to be graciously hosted by the townsfolk to say the least, so I didn't run into the same problems as others.. if you're going to do hiking in the wilderness it should be fairly obvious to do your homework when it comes to helicopters, credit vs cash, etc.. Having the guides made it very simple as they tell you what to do, where to go.

We also did a day hike of the Grandview Trail on the southeast rim, which was a great contrast given it's depth and immensity. All in all one fantastic getaway for one seeking adventure.

Planning is key for this kind of adventure, and I encourage anyone coming here to be up for a physical challenge. Be weary of bringing kids. It took us 2 connector flights to get to Flagstaff and back home but I would do it again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2010
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near Supai
Havasupai Lodge 3.0 of 5 stars 97 reviews Havasupai Campsite 5.0 of 5 stars 1 reviews
View all 1 hotels in Supai, ranked by popularity

Been to Havasu Falls Campground? Share your experiences!