“Exceptional stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Shanti Morada

You added Shanti Morada to your Saves list
Shanti Morada
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 / 123, Bairo Alto, Vaddo, Saligao, Bardez 403511, India   |
Announcement
GOA's ONLY OZONE POOL
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Saligao
Montreal, Quebec
“Exceptional stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here 5 nights and had an exceptional stay.

The space is gorgeously decorated with unique pieces indoors and outdoors for each room. The art pieces that line the halls and communal areas are simply stunning, hand picked for the location and some of the photography even custom produced for Shanti.

The staff members including Chef Adil, Sanju, Sonali and Amar went out of their ways to make sure we were having the most comfortable and relaxing stay - mission accomplished! They made sure all transportation, food and beverage needs down to the smallest detail were taken care of.

In terms of the location, shanti is a little inland from the craziness of Calangute and Baga but a scooter rental made quick work of that. The staff provided a charged local mobile whilst out on excursions.

Thank you to the entire Shanti Morada team for making our Goa experience a memorable one.

Sasha & Veronique,
Montreal, Canada.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

I just had a quick work trip to India and decided to pop over to Goa for the weekend and stay at Shanti Morada based on the reviews I saw on TripAdvisor. Everyone seemed to comment on the level of service which appealed to me because I was essentially coming into Goa last minute and wanted to go surfing but had no idea where to start looking for board rentals, etc. So I chose Shanti Morada hoping they might live up to the reviews and help get me sorted. Luckily for me they nailed it. They immediately offered some suggestions when I reached out to them and put me at ease that we would figure something out. I had an awesome time surfing all by myself up in Arambol thanks to the folks at Shanti Morada helping arrange the details. Beyond my surfing excursion the staff was always helpful and attentive and made me feel very welcome.

Now for the hotel - The hotel is just visually amazing. There were 300 year old doors, beautiful wood everywhere, interesting paintings and artwork. My room in particular (Mandos) had the most amazing chair with these absurdly long arm rests. Coolest chair I've ever seen. The place is not on the beach so I was a little bummed about that, but the ride down to the beach is easy enough. The pool is awesome, the hot tub/jacuzzi/bar would have been more awesome if I wasn't travelling solo and had my girlfriend or a group of friends with me.

Long story short - great place, great staff, great atmosphere. I can't wait to go back and ask them where they acquired all their furniture! Especially that chair in the Mandos room!

Room Tip: Contact the hotel directly to see if they have any specials that might not be listed on Trip Advisor...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

I stayed here with my daughter for 5 nights (beginning of April). Unfortunately during my stay I became ill with acute bronchitis however the staff could not have done more to help including calling a Dr out and getting me the prescribed medications.
The hotel is beautifully furnished with a great deal of thought given to both inside and outside spaces. The housekeeping staff appear to have a strict regime and everything is maintained to a very high standard.
Our room was fantastic with two large, spacious and very comfortable beds. The bathroom is gorgeous and well stocked with towels, bath robes and slippers, hairdryer and toiletries.
There is a little fridge in room which is great for keeping everything cool.
The pool is great and drinks can be served here or at pool bar.
Unfortunately, we were not able to make use of the gardens or spa area.
The food is delicious and always well presented. The chef is very accommodating and able to make dishes on request. It is worth visiting the restaurant just to see the incredible pieces of art.
The staff are polite , respectful and attentive at all times.

Highly recommended

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

We spent 9 fabulous days at Shanti Morada in March. The attentive staff were still learning their trade (bearing in mind the hotel had only been open for 2 months) however they still gave 100% to ensure that our stay was excellent, nothing was too much trouble for them. The hotel is situated on a hillside with beautiful gardens in the quiet village of Saligao, very peaceful and tranquil, far enough away from the maddening crowds of Calangute. The hotel is tastefully decorated throughout in the Portuguese style and rooms are very spacious. Overall we had an outstanding stay in an outstanding hotel and we look forward to visiting again next year.

Room Tip: There is nothing not to like
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
West Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

This is bar far my favorite hotel. They for miss a beat every part of it has so much beautiful character, the food is wonderful and the staff treat you like family. The pool is so nice and you can tell a lot of love ha gone in to making this special place. You will be 100% satisfied and if you happen to go through Delhi check out their hotel there. I lived their hotel there so much that when I learned about the goa location I booked a ticket to goa just to stay here and am so glad I did. Don't forget to take a cooking class during your stay too!

• Stayed February 2014
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014

Since "Excellent" is the maximum rating, hence that limitation will somehow undermine my family's experience at "The Best Resort Property" for me just not in Goa but in entire Indian Sub-Continent. For me & my family it has always been that if it has to be domestic holiday it has to be in Goa; but after my last week's memorable experience at Shanti Morada, that thought has further been fine tuned to " If it has to be family vacation, it has to be in Shanti Morada".
Just realized what true hospitality means and what could be the maximum degree that only 'The Team Shanti Morada', can only achieve. The property itself is also unbelievable every bit & corner is full of life, nothing monotonous. Thank you so much Mr Rajat, Mrs Sanjana, Amar, Sanju, Diaggo, Johny, Adil, Sonali and the entire team of Shanti Morada. You guys are not just passionate about making it a memorable experience for all your guest but little insane as well, since you don't have the word 'No' in your dictionary. Every time my kids threw a challenge to Chef Adil by demanding seldom heard of dishes from the world cuisine, he not only passed that test but also surpassed our expectations. My family's best wishes and heartfelt gratitude to every person working at Shanti Morada.

Room Tip: As stated in my above mentioned review, there is absolutely nothing monotonous in that property. Eve...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014 via mobile

I was in dilemma to choose from range of five star, beach hotels, resorts to start my life with my wife.....then I found Shanti Morada.

It was just like we have thought of place to start our life, has amazing rooms to choose from(each room facing pool), can have some beautiful moments at the beautiful gardens.
The staff will make sure that your wish would be fulfilled right away, be it would be choice of food or dinner or breakfast at pool side.

I would like to thank Shanti Morada and especially Mr.Rajat, Ms.sonia, Mr.Sanju and Mr.Adil for making our trip a memorable one.

I would like to recommend this hotel for couples and family who would like to spend some quality time with their loved ones.....

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Shanti Morada? Share your experiences!