“Good service/bad food.” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 43 Restaurants in Sun City
Sun City, Arizona
“Good service/bad food.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I think their food is mediocre at best. It is owned and run by a Greek and even the Gyros are bad. Their breakfast foods are acceptable.

Visited February 2014

St. Catharines, Canada
“Like a fairy tale, it was good "once upon a time"”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

I have to say this had been one of our "go to" restaurants in Sun City. Breakfasts were great, lunches and dinners pretty good...until the change of ownership and things are different somehow. My wife and I went to dinner this past week and chose from the 'specials' menu - she ordered braised pork chops and I the beef stroganoff. both entrees came with soup (she chicken noodle, me beef goulash) and the salad bar, each for under $10...not bad, we thought...until the food arrived. Both soups were pretty non-descript and obviously heavy on the packaged mix. We never knew what "braised pork chops" might be like (braised chicken is pretty good - think the colonel's cousin). These were tough and dry and while I like pork, I couldn't eat it. My stroganoff was simply not good. I have made stroganoff, had it at restaurants before and I have to say this stuff was unique. There were egg noodles; there was beef. The beef, however, was in some gooey sauce reminiscent of the soups - heavy on the mix. I wouldn't call it a "beef stew" or even a "beef gravy". It was pretty much unidentified and certainly not stroganoff. The best part of the meal was the staff. The food? Not so much. We won't be back.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Portland, Oregon
“Good value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

The breakfast special is a definite bargain. For $4.99 I had nicely cooked eggs with tasty sausage and freshly-peeled, sliced, perfectly cooked potatoes. Comfortable place for Sun City.

Visited December 2013
Arizona
“Decent Coffee Shop Fare With a Greek Twist”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

This is a nice coffee shop type restaurant with Greek influence. Try the Giro skillet for breakfast. The prices are reasonable and service is very good.
Just don't go on Sunday morning after church lets out. You'll be waiting a while.

Visited September 2013