“Answers Basic Needs- Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2055 S. Main St., Snowflake, AZ 85937 (Formerly Comfort Inn)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Snowflake
“Answers Basic Needs- Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

Lets start with the good:
-Contrary to the previous reviews, it seems that housekeeping has been addressed, although it smelled a little funny when we first walked into the room.
-When the WIFI went down, the front desk clerk (Whom was very busy as it was the 4th of July/ Rodeo weekend) fixed it within 10 minutes.
-The bed was pretty comfy.
- The carpet looked and felt pretty clean.

Now to the bad:
The rooms are in serious need of a remodel. When I asked the front desk lady if there were any remodeld rooms, she said they are all the same (We stayed in room 119). Some points to address:
-The TV's are old tube TV's (It is not a big deal, but it shows the investment put into the rooms).
- There no real computer desk to work at.
- The Bathroom is fully functional, yet it is showing its age with a warped laminate flooring, a stained toilet bowl and a stained bathtub.
Other points to address:
- The breakfast was pretty basic for Comfort Inn. I have stayed at Quality Inn's and even Econolodges with more selection.
- Why is breakfast only until 9? Many hotels have breakfast until 10, a few close at 9:30. 9 is just too early.

In General I feel that this property is charging Comfort Inn prices for a Econolodge level product.
I hope to revisit this property next year and find an upgraded product level.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Tucson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a night while touring Arizona, The room was ok, although it lacked the microwave and refrigerator that are found in nearly all rooms in this price range. There were no towels in our room, and we found 2 dried up French fries on the floor that had obviously been there for some time, which raises some questions about housekeeping. This hotel has a cheap look about it from the outside, although the inside is better. The lobby is nice, as well as the exercise room and pool. The internet was slower than what I'm accustomed to in a hotel. The hot breakfast was limited to sausage, although it appeared that they just didn't put out the accompanying items. The staff was friendly , but overall, this hotel gives the impression that the owners just aren't investing any money to improve the hotel and keep it up to date.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Shikash G, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
I will be speaking with housekeeping and the breakfast hostess regarding this customer review. Thank you for your time in letting me know of this situation.
Phoenix, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

This property has a housekeeping problem. The washcloth was so thin you could see through it. The hand towel (see photo) was see through. The bath mat had a hole in it. After showering this morning the bath towel was also thinning.

The fitted sheet was put on inside out. Not a big deal but goes to show housekeeping needs to properly train the staff.

As I walked into the room the carpet had a burned impression of an iron (see photo).

This morning I noticed the bottom of the fitted sheet had several old blood stains (see photo).

That just about did it. I checked out early because I was disgusted for paying over $100 for a hotel room with a tube TV from the 1900's that the GM turns a blind eye to. Don't let the $62 rate on the website fool you. That's only for a smoking room. If you want a non-smoking room, it starts at $89.

Room Tip: Continue 15 miles to Show Low for clean rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
We are sorry for the housekeeping issues and I will make sure they are trained better.

Travelers are raving about these Snowflake hotels

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

I spent a single night in Snowflake, just passing through, and I found the Comfort Inn to exceed my expectations and needs. Room was clean and comfortable. Plenty of parking. Nice, comfortable lobby with fireplace and seating. Great continental breakfast. Would certainly stay here again.

It was a little far from the main strip in Snowflake if you're keen on walking, but with a car a less than two minute drive.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Shikash G, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Thank you for your compliment on this property. We truly enjoyed you visiting us and we hope that the next time you travel through our town you will stay with us again!!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013

I checked in Friday evening the girl at the desk had no idea what she was doing and gave me and my fiance a horrible attitude he even asked her for the managers information and she looked at him stupid and still didn't give it to him. Then the next day I decided to stay one more night and asked about joining the rewards program I was informed that she had no idea how to do it she wasn't trained. I asked if there was anyway to have a late check out on Sunday she said at one any later shed have to charge me another night. Okay that's fine. In the morning my key did not work I went and had that fixed and then comfirmed my one o'clock check out. I was intown to visit my children so my fiance stayed at the hotel to rest for our long ride straight back to corpus and I went to eat with my kids and took the car. My phone was on silent and I saw missed messges that he was kicked out of the room at eleven and waiting in the lobby. I called the girl at the front desk it was already twelve when I got the message she told me I never told weather I was staying until five and had no idea I then told her that I was always leaving at one so after waiting an hour she let him wait in another room for fortyfive mins. At this point I cut my time with my children early. Their ages are 2 5 8 and 10 they were devistated and me upset. We left the hotel at one. I went to showlow got gas and food and checked my account before I left back to texas. They authorized another transaction on my card they shouldn't have so it over drafted that card and I now have 3 35 dollar overdraft fees on my account an they are holding 100 dollars and no explanation. I called of course this time it was the girl that checked me in she couldn't explain it and told me give me a number and ill call the manager...I said why don't u have the manager call me so I explain it to her... she laughed at me and gave me attitide and said its her day off I doubt she would even talk to you I gave her some attitude back and hung up said id call tomorrow. Omg.....I've worked in hotels many years I've never in my life had horrible service from two employees. I've never written a bad review either. They must not value their jobs. If I was their manager they would be promoted to a housekeeper or asked to leave because obviously they know nothing about customer service. If you would have better trained and nicer staff I would have loved it but you don't and I'm just horribly disapointed that if I didn't have to be back in corpus christi tomorrow I would have stayed and waited for the manager and confronted the situation in front of which ever one of those girls was there. I will be persuing this complaint with coorperate or the owner. Please retrain ur employess or get one that is all about customer service when I worked at holiday inn express they had the same issue I became the front desk manager and we retrained our employees the ones that did show the qualities great front desk agent have we moved them from front desk or let them go and hired people that respected that its about the guest and our ratings went up these surveys do matter. I hope the manager has more since when I call tomorrow and depending of the outcome I might write another one. I believe u can get a bad review and change the opinion of the person but emplyees reflect the bussiness if u hire people who are just there for a paycheck that's what u get and if you hire people who love interacting with people and love and respect their place of emplyment u might have great reviews

• Stayed December 2013
Shikash G, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake, responded to this review, December 29, 2013
I do apologize for the inconvience and both employee's have been reprimanded by the front desk manager. It is not within our policy to have rude employee's, regardless if there was a misunderstanding or not and they have been dealt with accordingly. I hope that if you come to Snowflake again you will give this property a second chance as the bulk of the current employees are quite cordial.
Taylor, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

I want to give a review here because I am also a business owner. I value and understand that my attention and success of my business is only as good as my information about my business. So this is directed to the owners. We go there about 3-4 times a week. What we see is on a regular basis and not from someone who stays one or two nights. I'm not sure we will continue going.

We purchase monthly passes here so we can swim and work out since there isn't a real gym within 25 minutes of my house. I'm not sure about the look and feel of the rooms because we live in town but I will say that the pool area and the pool itself gets little to no attention. I went in this week to swim with my daughter and the water had a layer of dust on it and it was very cold. I told the front desk girls how cold the pool was and they said its broken and needs to be fixed. Something about electrical failures from storms? We went in again tonight and the pool was once again cold. I mentioned it again to a different front desk girl and she said it was broken and needed to be fixed. She checked on the temperature and flipped a breaker switch. The heater said it needed to be serviced. The jacuzzi was warm enough this time but the first time it was also cold. When you turn the jets on the jacuzzi, it fills up with serious bubbles. The pool area hasn't been cleaned in over a month. The same fake plant leaves are lying in the same place as a month ago along with other debris and bugs. 3 out of the 6 lights are burned out so it's pretty dark in there at night. The tiles are falling off the walls and are just laying against the wall with no intent of repair. The carpets leading to the pool from the reception area are terribly dirty and the pool bathroom is scary. We lay towels down when we change for fear of the floor.
If the pool area and the heating element of the pool receive such little attention, I'm concerned for how clean and disease free the water actually is. If the pool is an indication of the attention and care the entire experience at this hotel gives, I don't think I would feel comfortable sleeping in the beds, eating the food, or stepping foot in the room showers.

The front desk girl tonight was definitely not interested in making us feel welcome. I know we are not a traditional guest but we did pay to swim here and we tried to have a friendly conversation with her as we are regulars. The only thing I could get out of her were one word answers. Even when I wished her a Merry Christmas she just sort of grunted. I was never rude to her so my wife and I were puzzled with her lack of interest in taking her job seriously. I know it's a small town but that's no excuse for not being a professional in the way they look and act towards customers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Shikash G, Owner at Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake, responded to this review, December 19, 2013
I do apologize for the state of the pool room and will be addressing your concerns with the front desk staff.
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

If you don't mind non-guests lurking in the parking lot and using the computer in the lobby all night long on inappropriate websites (on numerous occasions!!!) then this is an ok motel. Even after advising staff about creepy man hiding in his car (literally slinking down when going by to avoid being seen) and asking staff to ask this person to leave he is still here. Other than that the rooms were pretty clean and beds comfortable. I have stayed here many times and will stay again probably.... but the lack of attention to ensuring that paying guests feel safe and comfortable needs improvement. Oh - and did I mention that the lock for the back entrance to the motel is broken (has been for years) and anyone can just walk in?

Room Tip: Stay away from the smoking side of the motel - the entire side smells badly even in the halls. Stic...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Snowflake? Share your experiences!