“Not great” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Snowflake
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Not great”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2012

Reasonably priced but not that great of a place. The entire hotel smelled very strongly of ammonia. I don't know what they were cleaning but the smell was overwhelming. I wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Prescott, Az
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2011

This is one of the very few hotels in the Snowflake/Taylor area. I was in town to visit family over the holiday and stayed in this place for 2 nights. The first impression I got was the fact that it had snowed many days before but icy snow was still all over the areas one has to walk from the parking area to the entrance. Check-in was relatively fast and the desk clerk friendly. This hotel is 2 story but be aware it has no public elevator! That means each bag has to be trundled up a very steep staircase to the second floor. The carpeting on the stairs was very dirty. The room is very basic. Typical 2 star furniture in the room, old fashioned television. Room was relatively clean including the bathroom. Bed was OK, but not anything to write home about. Noise level was tremendous! There was obviously a large family with kids in the next room and I could hear just about every conversation, every cough and every admonition from the parents to the kids. I paid a premium for a microwave and fridge...about $20 per night over and above the base rate, thinking the room would be a bit nicer too. Well, 20 bucks a night for these appliances is not money well spent unless you really need them! There are really limited options in this small town (I understand a nearby chain hotel is even worse than this one!). I would not recommend this hotel unless you had absolutely no choices and needed a place to crash for a few nights.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Snowflake hotels

Glenwood Springs, CO
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

Arrived on a quiet Friday night in October. Checkin was painfully long but the desk clerk was friendly. We were given room 112. The room was not terribly clean, lots of dust in areas higher than five feet, the sheets were very worn, the tub was dirty, the carpet was dirty, the pillows were awful. During our stay we left the DO NOT DISTURB on the door, but on the second day the room was entered anyway, though all we could tell had been done was that the beds were made and nothing else. We would not stay here again with so many other options within a couple miles.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Phoenix Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2011

We didn't expect alot and received even less. Normally Comfort Inn is a decent place to stay. However, this was the exception. The toilet had a ring, there was a gray rubber bathmat in the tub, the wheel fell off the desk chair... very old school. The hallway carpet was filthy.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

We stayed at the Comfort Inn in Snowflake, AZ. The staff were very nice, friendly and helpful. They handled the relative high traffic very gracefully and with a smile even when they were extremely busy.

We were moved to a different room when we were not happy with the original room (someone had smoked in a non-smoking room and there was some lingering smell).

The new room had a microwave and fridge, but it was on the house.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with friends
Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2011

I came to Snowflake for a Temple visit. When I checked online this was the only hotel they claimed was in this small community. So, we stayed. Children running up and down the corridors, parents screaming at the children and the front desk clerk, well, on his cell phone discussing after work plans with his buds?
Professional; not a chance! Training in guest service; poor at best.
The rooms looked as if it hadn't had the sheets changed from the previous guest, I asked for linens to make up myself, and they said they did not allow guests to clean their own rooms. I clean my house and this room was unexceptably filthy.
I asked for my money back and they charged all these hiding early check out fees and refrig. microwave fee.
By the time they were finished my room cost me over 200.00 just to cancel all within the same hour of checkin.
Watch your wallets folks...these folks will rob you and be completely rude while doing so.
They are not looking out for thier guests satisfaction, it's all about the ducets $$$ tot they people....I will never stay here again...even if it were free. ( hahaha...like that would ever happen here)

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2011

My wife and I went to Snowflake for the sole purpose of going to the Snowflake LDS Temple. We were in Arizona on vacation, so we decided to make the 3-hour drive from Phoenix. This place seemed like the best bet for a night's stay.

When we got there, it looked like we were the only people staying at the hotel. The woman at the front desk told me that a lot of their patrons are contract workers, so the hotel is where they stay while in Snowflake for work. We only saw a few other patrons while we were there.

This place isn't fancy... but it's clean, roomy and affordable. Parking is free and plentiful, although the entrance to the hotel looked like it was on the back side of the building. When I tried to drive around to what I thought was the "front," that side of the hotel was inaccessible.

There's an indoor pool and a hot tub... but we we only took a peak (there was one guy enjoying the hot tub by himself, so we thought we'd leave him be). The hotel offers a free breakfast in the morning, which was sufficient enough to start our day (items include pastries, donuts, waffles, biscuits & gravy, juices, cereal, etc.).

The hotel also has free Wi-fi, which worked just fine.

I'm not sure I'll ever find myself in Snowflake again... but lodging choices there are limited... and this seemed like the best bet. I'd stay here again if I was ever in Snowflake. Thankfully, there was a Sonic down the street... which made the experience all the better.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!