“Fabulous hosts” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Finches Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Girton
Finches Bed and Breakfast
You added Finches Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
4.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   144 Thornton Road, Girton, Cambridge CB3 0ND, England   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Girton B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Canterbury, United Kingdom
“Fabulous hosts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My friend and I recently stayed for two nights at the Finches. The owners - Nigel and Jane were exceptionally considerate and thoughtful. The food was fabulous. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. The area is quite and within walking distance of Cambridge city centre. Highly recommended - great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Rugby, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

2 night stay bed and breakfast at Finches was beyond our expectations.
My daughter Catherine and I were visiting Cambridge to see our daughter who is a student nurse at Addenbrookes Hospital. Finding a bed and breakfast to stay in is always a is concern as I had no knowledge of places to stay in or around Cambridge.
After reading accommodation reviews on various places to stay,I opted for Finches , and I can honestly say it was just perfect
Jane was so welcoming , and made a lovely pot of tea on our arrival, we stayed in the twin room, which was very comfortable, spotlessly clean,fresh, and very homely, and the location itself is very quiet .Breakfast was so good,we ate lots of lovely fresh fruit salad, Jane also whizzed up delicious fresh fruit smoothies for us, the cooked choices were very good too. All breakfast was presented very well, selection available to choose from excellent, and Jane went out of her way to please. Jane was so helpful in advising us with places to see in Cambridge,
we left our car at Finches and took Dayrider bus, very cheap ,and stop only 2 minutes from Finches so no worries with parking in Cambridge, and bus service frequent/ excellent.
Now my only concern is will Jane be able to accommodate us on our next visit to Cambridge, because I really don't want to go anywhere else, its Finches for us always.
Margaret and Catherine Clements.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I loved every minute of my stay at The Finches. Jane and Nigel are both very warm and very inviting people. I stayed 3 days on business, on my own and they both made me feel at ease. My room was a lovely home from home room with a ensuite bathroom. Very clean and very tidy. The bed was very comfortable. I slept like a log. Breakfast was like being with people you have known for a long time except that you have only just met them. Thank you Jane and Nigel for being wonderful people and making my stay a great experience. I will recommend you to everyone I know visiting Cambridge. And I will also come back for a visit myself.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I was recently (January 2013) booked at Finches B&B on business. On arrival Jane was so welcoming. My room was on the ground floor(luck as I am 61 and don't like stairs). I was pleasantly surprised with the freshness and cleanliness of the room and the rest of the house.The modern fittings in the bathroom finished the comfy filling expected of a 4 Star Silver Award B&B.Jane give me a maps and directions of how to get to and from on a bus as I was living my car in her yard.I was looking forward to spending 3 quiet nights even with a troublesome cold that I had. The first night I found myself with a temperature and chest pain.I felt so unwell and needed a Doctor.Jane, without any hesitation phoned the out of hour clinic and took me in her car. After waiting with me to be examined she drove to the only open chemist to collect my antibiotics. I had chest and throat infection with temperature but never realised how ill I was.This lovely lady provided a service that is not written in any Hospitality Manuel. Her kindness exceeded all my expectation. I don't think that anyone can find a better place to get ill in Cambridge than Finches B&B.Unique and spontaneous kindness that Jane and Nigel provided me with will never be forgotten. I look forward to staying longer next time . Thank you for taking care of me when far from home. Zoe

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Syracuse, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Jane and her beautiful family were absolutely FANTASTIC with me and my girlfriend.
We arrived late in the night from London Heathrow for some problem to pick up our car.
We were tired and starving and Jane and her family helped us with the luggage and then they cooked tasteful toasts and fresh orange juice. We can't imagine a warmer welcome than what we had! Many thanks to Jane and to all the Boulding Family!
Our room was perfectly cleaned and we never slept in a so comfortable bed like that one in our room! Our wake up was still better.. the breakfast was terrific and Jane was so nice and patient to answer all of our questions and to give us all the information we need including a very useful map of the town and the bus timetable. Many thanks once again for your kindness. We certainly suggest this great place to all of your friends here in Italy and in England too! Jane you were our angel in Cambridge! A big hug from Viola&Luca.

Room Tip: Trust on Jane's advice.. She's the best!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Cumbria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

From the moment we arrived, we were made to feel extremely welcome by both Jane and Nigel and it was obvious from their open friendly manner that nothing was too much trouble.

We stayed in the downstairs double room which was bright, beautifully presented and very homely. The bed was very comfortable, bathroom spotless and lots of thoughtful inclusions. There was a tray of generous tea/coffee making facilities with an extensive selection of teas, coffee and other beverages, all of which were replenished daily. Bottled water and fresh milk (most welcome) were in a fridge in the reception hall and we were also able to store any drink we had bought for our personal use.

Breakfast was a treat with a wide selection of delicious food on offer, including breakfast cereals, granola and fresh fruit salad. I opted for the scrambled egg and smoked salmon and my husband the full English. Everything was perfectly cooked.

We would have no hesitation in making a future reservation and recommending to friends and family to stay at this top quality b&b in Cambridge. Thank you Jane and Nigel for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Jane and Nigel welcomed me like a family member when I arrived from an overnight flight from the US. They were the most accommodating and friendly hosts I could ask for. They gave me a wealth of information, maps, and brochures on things to do in Cambridge. My room was very clean, cozy, and quiet. Breakfast was also fantastic. It felt like a home away from home in England. I hope I can return someday to stay at this wonderful B&B.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Finches Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!