“Over Priced!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Marina del Rey, California
“Over Priced!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We had to stop overnight in this sleepy southern Arizona town, so we thought the Comfort Inn would be the best of a small bunch. The hotel staff had no idea about surrounding night life or restaurants. The rooms are very basic but clean. Once again whats with the tiny pillows??? Coffee, not great. As for the bed.....well out of ten it is a low 4. Wife says coffee terrible!!! Wont return.

Room Tip: Stay in a B&B in Bisbee
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

The registration clerk was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast and the room were both excellent as was the exercise facility. We stayed here last year also and found it to be the same high standard at that time.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Crown Point
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Clean! well appointed. breakfast was exactly what it should be with choices. we really wanted a top floor room (was told under construction...still?). i figure our low rate was to blame. however we slept soundly. our check in was smooth desiree martell u rock girl friend! we forgot the second shift gals name (she'll remember us tho helped me with a web ste g up on the guest business center thank u again). i travel a lot. i spend over 150 nights a year in choice brand hotels, so clean so nice and sagui barrow u should be very proud. it takes a lot to impress me congratulations!

• Stayed January 2013
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I've stayed at other hotels in the area trying to save a few dollars but they were nowhere near as nice. The staff were very friendly and helpful with my all of my needs. They definitely go above and beyond with customer service. The bed was super comfortable, big screen TV's in every room, and reliable WI-FI. It's a very quiet and secure place stay. It may have been a few dollars extra than other hotels, but it was well worth it. I will definitely stay here again when I am in town.

Room Tip: As with any hotel, try to avoid a room by an elevator or an exit.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

In the end my stay was good! But that was only after my request for a room away from the elevator was not paid attention too - I requested a different room, and that room was not made up. After that I was moved to an upgraded room on a higher floor. There are decorative differences, I didn't pay enough attention to comment on facility/amenity differences.

I was very happy with this resolution. The room was quite comfortable and clean.

Pool area is very generic. Nice large breakfast area. Standard generic breakfast offerings.

If the price dropped a bit the value would be more appropriate, but I would not have any hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We almost always book ahead.

This was one of times that maybe we shouldn’t have because we quite over paid for the room. The room was nice and clean but on the small side. The hotel was almost empty and we think we’d have done much better rate wise if we’d just walked up but I guess you never know.

The hotel is okay but nothing to write home about.

As my wife says it did what we wanted it to do, a place to sleep and a shower.

Next time we’d likely stay elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

Long and short of it...We were going to stay in a Special 8 (down the road a few miles) but decided it did not look safe when we actually arrived in the city. Since I have daughters, safety is my first concern.

We stayed a week and enjoyed the clean (but small) pool and nice breakfast. Outdoor Pool was nice to come back to in the evening and was safely located - just outside of hotel door and near front desk. Hotel eating area/kitchen was very clean and the lady who served it did an excellent job keeping everything stocked.

Our room was $80 (after discounts) but they did try and charge $93+ when I was checking out. (I felt as if this was very dishonest. They tried to tell me that they can charge that when it is "later in the week" - whatever that means. The manager changed this herself, and acted irritated that one of the clerks did not explain this to me. I found that a poor excuse.) There was also NO knowledge or explanation given on how to redeem the nights for a free night. (We stayed five.) Even the manager seemed unsure and recommended I call the 800 number. (Which I knew I could do - but being on hold on vacation did not sound like fun.) Overall, desk clerks were not very professional or helpful.

The room was very clean. Beds very comfy. Curtains did not block out morning light. The stairwells were VERY dirty (strange...peanuts all over carpet, coffee stains galore) and since we like to take the stairs, it was annoying to look at. There are also extensive rennovations going on...so no wallpaper, large mirrors (I was forever telling the kids not to go near them - no frame on them - eeek!) in hall, over-staining on trim, workman in and out of halls. It's all fine.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem safe. If you have laundry to do - there is a $1 per use w/d on the first floor. V...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!