“Nice place” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Days Inn Sierra Vista

You added Days Inn Sierra Vista to your Saves list
Days Inn Sierra Vista
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3460 East Fry Blvd., Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 (Formerly Desert Inn Sierra Vista)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #8 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Certificate of Excellence 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Bowling Green, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

Southeast Arizona is our favorite birding spot away from home. This is an older motel but is in good condition and an excellent value. The rooms are spacious, clean, and the beds are excellent. It is a two-story building with outside entrances. There is a vacant lot next door, which means desert. We had Curve-billed and Crissal Thrasher, Roadrunner, and numerous Gambel's Quail from the baloney.

Ft. Huachuca is 2.5 miles straight west and the San Pedro House 7.5 miles east. A half a block away is Rt. 92 which heads south toward Ramsey, Carr, Miller, and Ash Canyons. Also south is the Hereford Road bridge which has better access to the San Pedro River.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

I spent one night there. Check in was very easy. Mgr John was very efficient, kind, and courteous. I ask about places to eat and he advised me an area where there was a great selection. Room was clean and bed was very comfortable. Linens were clean, however somewhat threadbare. Breakfast choices were excellent, bacon, sausage, waffles, yogurts, juice, muffin, bagels and fresh fruit. I highly recommend this place, and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Benson, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

When I first walked in to check in, it smelled really bad like mildew. My room was upstairs with no elevator. The single king room was a little small for my liking. Since I was only staying overnight for business, and I read the reviews that seemed decent, I figured I would forgive the mildew smell in the lobby. The bed was average. The free breakfast was ok. They had a wide variety of food. The only gripe I have was the size of the preschool cups to drink out of. I didn't get a warm and fuzzy feeling staying there and won't be back. The place was old and in the old part of town where I felt uneasy parking my work vehicle far away from my room. There are better options in Sierra Vista.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Phoenix, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

We stayed in Room 201, which was on the corner, so we had 2 big windows. The room was meticulously clean, the bed new and comfy, the pillows were plump. The room also had a fridge & microwave. The bathroom was clean. There were 2 sinks - 1 in the room itself & 1 in with the shower & toilet. This was very convenient. The bath towels were above average. Kudos to Nathan who ran the front desk AND kept the breakfast area filled with food and kept the whole area spotlessly clean. The complimentary breakfast exceeded our expectations of a Days Inn because it included bacon and sausage, in addition to a belgian waffle maker. There was also standard cereal, pastry, & english muffins. Nathan made sure that there was always plenty of hot coffee. This motel is a great value. There is an outdoor unheated pool which looked clean but the outside temperature was too cool to use it. We were pleased with our brief stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We had a large party (10) and I booked 4 rooms to accommodate everyone. John, the manager, took the initiative to ensure all rooms were together. We had 3 rooms with two queen beds and 1 king room w/sofa. Rooms were large and clean. Beds were quite comfortable. Everyone in our group was pleased with their accommodations.

Our room was missing a remote for the TV, but a call to the front desk and John was there within minutes with a new remote, he programmed it and all was good.

Coffee maker in our room only made 1 cup at a time and there was only 1 filter packet for regular and 1 packet for decaf. Would recommend at least 2 packets of each per room. I ended going to the store, buying coffee and filters, then reducing the filter size to fit the coffee maker.

Some other commenters have noted the TVs could use updating as they were analog. That wasn't really an issue for any of us as we were there to visit with other people.

Overall, I would recommend this property to anyone looking for a nice, clean place to stay. The attention from the front desk is to be commended for their prompt attention to their guests needs.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Been to Days Inn Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!