“clean quiet - close to main gate” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista

You added Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 Fab Avenue, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
Las Cruces, New Mexico
“clean quiet - close to main gate”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

first off, I had debated between this place or Travelodge, and I am glad I choose ABVI. I was not sure since It is in the older part of town, right next to the main gate to Ft. Huachuca. However, the front desk was pleasant and helpful. Our room was VERY clean and quiet. If I go back I will not hesitate to stay here again. All rooms do have a frig and microwave. A full size iron w/ironing board is also in room.

Room Tip: Dont expect much from the "continental breakfast"
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 6 days here and was very impressed . Very clean rooms and great people .They went over and beyond to make our stay a great one ! Would stay here again . And i recommend it to anyone who is coming to Sierra vista

• Stayed February 2013
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I've stayed at several of this chain's Inns in several states. Some are great and some are not.
Most seem to be foreign owned and getting a nightly rate either by phone or in person leaves a
lot to be desired. This one was adequate. It is very close to Fort Huachuca and there are a
few restaurants nearby (Italian one was better than the Chinese one). The continental break-
fast is poor, just cereal flakes, watered juice, and old, small packaged breakfast danish.

Room Tip: In back away from main boulevard.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
El Paso, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was visiting my husband at Fort Huachuca and this place was SUPER close to the base and not expensive. The Manager always had a friendly smile on his face (even if you call on the phone you can feel he's smiling!) and was attentive and courteous. Our room and bathroom were so clean! And we always had hot water. The housekeeping staff was helpful and friendly as well. All the staff just seemed to have a really great positive attitude!

I wasn't there to use the pool, so I can't comment on that. The only issue we had was that the a/c would stop working like at 1:30am. We think it might be that it froze up. We would put it on the "fan" setting and have it just blow cool air and then try it again later and it would work again. We didn't bother to report it to the Manager because even with the minor a/c issue, we never felt hot or uncomfortable in the room. It worked great when we needed it to (in the afternoons).

The room had a safe, iron, hair dryer, cable t.v., and a mini fridge. And aside from the usual complimentary coffee/machine, soap and shampoo, the room also had a complimentary Welcome packet containing: 2 "Luden's" cough drops, 2 "Emergen-C" packets (great immune boost for weary travelers!), 4 "Crest" toothpaste packets, 2 chocolate chip "Cliff" bars and "Stride" gum!

I wouldn't recommend walking around alone at night. Most areas directly surrounding military installations tend to be kind of "shady" (tattoo parlors and strip clubs nearby). But I wasn't there for the scenery. If you're there to visit your soldier, it'll suit your needs just fine!

I really can't say enough about how impressed I was with the cleanliness, service, and how close it was to the base! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was my first time at staying this location. I was pleased the value and was able to be assisted as needed. If I travel in this area again, my choice to stay there would be first place to consider a reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have a boyfriend in the military, visiting the hotel chain in Missouri was very pleasant. So, when booking this hotel in Arizona, I expected better. The pool was dirty, the carpet was filthy, the cable goes in and out, the beds are not comfortable. It just wasn't the home away from home I was expecting. The breakfast consisted of cheap expired snacks, 2% milk, watered down juice. The manager was nice, and very helpful. But you get what you paid for, I wish I had spent another 10 dollars, and gone somewhere differently. But it's within 5 minutes of the military base, so that was the best part.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was greeted with a smile and kind gentleman. He allowed us to change the type of room we booked so both our rooms would be next to each other. It was nice and quiet. For the age of the building, it is maintained well. We would stay here again when we go to Sierria Vista. If you want to be close to the base, it is down the street.

Thanks again for making our stay as comfortable as possible!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!