“Excellent for Spouses Visiting Fort Huachuca” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista

Save Saved
You added Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista to your Saves list
Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   100 Fab Avenue, Sierra Vista, AZ 85635 (Formerly Super 8)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Ranked #17 of 21 hotels in Sierra Vista
El Paso, Texas
“Excellent for Spouses Visiting Fort Huachuca”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was visiting my husband at Fort Huachuca and this place was SUPER close to the base and not expensive. The Manager always had a friendly smile on his face (even if you call on the phone you can feel he's smiling!) and was attentive and courteous. Our room and bathroom were so clean! And we always had hot water. The housekeeping staff was helpful and friendly as well. All the staff just seemed to have a really great positive attitude!

I wasn't there to use the pool, so I can't comment on that. The only issue we had was that the a/c would stop working like at 1:30am. We think it might be that it froze up. We would put it on the "fan" setting and have it just blow cool air and then try it again later and it would work again. We didn't bother to report it to the Manager because even with the minor a/c issue, we never felt hot or uncomfortable in the room. It worked great when we needed it to (in the afternoons).

The room had a safe, iron, hair dryer, cable t.v., and a mini fridge. And aside from the usual complimentary coffee/machine, soap and shampoo, the room also had a complimentary Welcome packet containing: 2 "Luden's" cough drops, 2 "Emergen-C" packets (great immune boost for weary travelers!), 4 "Crest" toothpaste packets, 2 chocolate chip "Cliff" bars and "Stride" gum!

I wouldn't recommend walking around alone at night. Most areas directly surrounding military installations tend to be kind of "shady" (tattoo parlors and strip clubs nearby). But I wasn't there for the scenery. If you're there to visit your soldier, it'll suit your needs just fine!

I really can't say enough about how impressed I was with the cleanliness, service, and how close it was to the base! I'd stay there again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

It was my first time at staying this location. I was pleased the value and was able to be assisted as needed. If I travel in this area again, my choice to stay there would be first place to consider a reservation.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Carrollton, Georgia, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

I have a boyfriend in the military, visiting the hotel chain in Missouri was very pleasant. So, when booking this hotel in Arizona, I expected better. The pool was dirty, the carpet was filthy, the cable goes in and out, the beds are not comfortable. It just wasn't the home away from home I was expecting. The breakfast consisted of cheap expired snacks, 2% milk, watered down juice. The manager was nice, and very helpful. But you get what you paid for, I wish I had spent another 10 dollars, and gone somewhere differently. But it's within 5 minutes of the military base, so that was the best part.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

I was greeted with a smile and kind gentleman. He allowed us to change the type of room we booked so both our rooms would be next to each other. It was nice and quiet. For the age of the building, it is maintained well. We would stay here again when we go to Sierria Vista. If you want to be close to the base, it is down the street.

Thanks again for making our stay as comfortable as possible!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

Recently, in March 2012, we were called to Sierra Vista, Arizona,due to the sudden death of our son-in-law. There was no time for reservation searches, so we just stopped at the motel, hoping for a room.. They were very accomodating to us, and treated us like family. We were overwhelmed at the time, and they took fabulous care of us. The early morning breakfast was perfect to begin each stress filled day with funeral planning etc..

It was very quiet, we had good sleep, and we can't thank them enough for caring about us, and making our stay easier.

Room Tip: We really loved the ground floor best !
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Tacoma, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011

I stayed at this place for a 5-week training course at Ft. Huachuca. The staff was great. They were incredibly friendly and assisted me with anything I needed. The room was basic, but that is pretty much all I wanted.
If all you seek is a bed and shower close to base; this place is perfect.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Surprise, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

I recently stayed one night at ABV. I would like to start by saying, yes - the service there was great. The manager was very nice and hospitable. That left us with a wonderful first impression. But the rooms left quite a bit to be desired. I had to pull the night stand out to plug in my phone charger, and all along the floor was an inch of dirt and grime. It looked like the floors had never been cleaned. The TV's sound would fade in and out, so it was impossible to turn it to the right level. A few seconds after we would get it to the right volume, it would blast itself. There were also colored spots in the TV. Not too big of a deal for us, but may be for others.
The table in the room for eating or playing cards, was cracked in many places and unusable. The nightstand drawers were broken and were falling off the guides. The coffee maker was also very dirty, so we did not use it either.
Luckily, the bathrooms were clean, so we were able to clean without any worries.
My issue with the whole experience is for what we paid for the room and what we got - I feel ripped off. We could have spent $5-$10 more and had a better room elsewhere. The room was maybe worth half of what we spent. Having been the first time visiting Sierra Vista, I looked at reviews on TripAdvisor and went with the best deal with the best reviews... This is not the deal you want.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Been to Americas Best Value Inn - Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!