Check-in was quick and painless, pretty much just got the keys and were on our way to our room. We had to drive around to the back as there was an elevator there that was closer to our room. We take the elevator up to the third floor and the first thing we noticed was the terrible odor on the entire floor, it was disgusting. We were relieved to find the smell was not inside the room, but the heat definitely was. I understand trying to keep some costs down, but the room was at least 90 degrees and the small AC took quite a while to cool the room down, so we decided to go downstairs for a drink in the bar. On our way we noticed a very large amount of teenagers and very loud music playing. I guess there was a teen dance there that night that we were not informed of at check-in. They were just everywhere downstairs and there were a few we noticed were trying to start fights with other kids. We make our way through the kids just to see that the lounge and restaurant are closed, which we also were not informed of at check-in. When we went to the front desk to ask about it, the lady working said they had started a top to bottom cleaning and it was taking longer than expected but it would be open the next day. That didn't mean much to us since we were leaving in the morning. That was a bit of an inconvenience. The lady suggested we could walk across the street to Applebee's if we wanted, and pointed out that one of the cross-walks was somewhat safer than the other. When we got back from Aplebee's we noticed, along with a lot more kids and louder muci) a few people in the lounge sitting around with drinks, but the closed for cleaning sign was still up. After enduring the hallway smell again, we got back in our room and both had a pretty decent nights sleep as our room was the furthest possible away from the teen dance. The next major disappointment was the breakfast. They advertise a hot breakfast buffet, and it was just terrible. The selection was very limited, even worse than a Super 8 Continental breakfast. The eggs were burnt to the pan and smelled bad, and the sausage was undercooked and looked slimy. The only thing either of us could eat was cereal and some juice. After that we were ready to get out of there. I would never stay here again.
I would avoid the third floor, it smells very bad.
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.