“First major Hol Inn Express disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Sierra Vista
angel fire, nm
“First major Hol Inn Express disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2007

Room was ample, small fridge and microwave, nice pool area, clean and pleasant breakfast area with large plasma Tv....but, Just make double sure you are in a smoking room....I am a regular Priority Club member. My son is in t he army and based here so even though it was not the closest to the base, it advertised a pool and at $90, a high end rate, I still wanted the Holiday Inn Express brand. I arrived a day early and d ecided to check out a day earlier than my confirmed reservation. The asst manager called and said I had no confirmed reservation and claimed the hotel was full and tried to get us to move all our computer and other stuff to another room away from the convenient first floor. I had to print out my original reservation and take it to the front desk where I heard the asst manager using profanity regarding the night clerk who had checked me in for allegedly messing up my reservation. When she popped her head out surprised that I had left my room and come to the front desk, she repeated the profanities. Later that evening when I returned from dinner the night clerk told me that the maid smelled cigarette smoke in the room and my credit card had been billed $250 for a cleanup smoking fee. I said my profile asked for a smoking room, my wife a smoker had joined me, and the clerk who checked me in directed me to a room and there was nothing indicating no smoking. I offered the air out the room and spray it down with Lysol etc before I left. I was told the charge was non negotiable and they presented me with the slip I signed at check in with tiny print on t he back that i was liable for "smoke damage." (I ran into a housekeeper, had her check the room and she said she smelled no smoke). I double checked the next day and noticed a sign outside the building (I had not seen at night) which said the entire building is non smoking. I was legally wrong, but the entire attitude reflects the experience of the previous review. When I repeatedly asked to speak to the manager of the property I was told she "went home sick." This is my first major disappointmentment with Intercontinental, Crowne Plaza or H.I. properties in about 4 years.

• Liked — pool
  • Disliked — management
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Sierra VIsta AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2007

Stayed here for 4 days. We were supposed to stay longer but decided to check into another hotel. The front desk people seemed up tight and the manager seems like her title gives her a big head. I guess I would be uptight if I had to work for that lady...The rooms are nice. But dont expect a very friendly warm crew..

• Liked — The beds were nice
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Holiday Inn Express Sierra Vista? Share your experiences!